Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,817 members, 7,956,085 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:14 AM

Arguing With Deviants Knowledgeable Than You. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Arguing With Deviants Knowledgeable Than You. (453 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arguing With Deviants Knowledgeable Than You. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 04, 2016
Salaam alaykum brothers and sisters in Islam, I was sent a question via pm and the questioner requested i opened a thread with it, this is the question;

On nairaland, it's so much turning people to atheism.. a Muslim with weak faith and knowledgeable one would easily turn to atheism.. Is there a way to stop this?

Really, there is nothing we can do as regards being able to convince them that atheism is a destructive path to thread, the only thing we have power over is to engage them(if a sincere person asks) and hope they get convinced, for if any other than Allaah has the power to guide, then Muhammad's (s.a.w) uncle would've accepted Islam, Ibrahim's (A.S) father will not be disgraced on the day of accountability because of his lack of believe in Allaah, so really only Allaah has the power to guide, ours is just to make clarification when necessary, although its not advisable for a less knowledgeable Muslim to debate an atheist because you might become confused after the debate which might cause problems for your eeman, that was how the founder of jahmiyyah sect got misguided, he argued with atheists and philosophers when he went to study in India then got confused.

So in nutshell, only Allaah has the power to guide, for who ever Allaah guides, none can misguide, the only thing we can do is make clarification for sincere answer-seeking atheists.

Now as for the weak in eeman amongst the muslims, the muslim should do acts of ibadaah in abundance, he should observe his salaah regularly, he should read the Quran daily, and whenever shaytaan whispers disbelieve in his heart, he should say "Audhubillaah minash shaytaanir rajeem".

Just for the sake of emphasis, a less knowledgeable muslim should avoid arguing with deviants(not only Atheists) that are more knowledgeable than him.

I hope you find this useful,

WAllaahu a'lam,

Salaam.

Then he replied with this

Na'am, jazaakallahu khairaa.. I think a thread should be opened to advise
Muslims against opening atheist threads..

With the permission of Allaah, I've done that, but as far as i know, i don't think Muslims open threads to debate atheist, i could be wrong tho.

and muslims should be encouraged
to check islamqa.info if they a confusion about their Deen..

Many brothers here would disagree with this tho, so to me i will say, a less knowledgeable muslim when confused should ask the ones that knows(in his vicinity, there is nothing like having a teacher right infront of you) in this case people that are upon the sunnah of Muhammad pbuh.

If you want to ask people of sunnah immediate questions, a brother opened a thread posting some of their numbers, here is the thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/2779113/contacts-al-sunnah-scholars

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arguing With Deviants Knowledgeable Than You. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
Jazakumullahu khayran akhee for all you're doing. May Allaah safeguard the ummaah!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arguing With Deviants Knowledgeable Than You. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:
Jazakumullahu khayran akhee for all you're doing

Wa ant fajazakAllaah khaira!

May Allaah safeguard the ummaah!

Ameen.

1 Like

Re: Arguing With Deviants Knowledgeable Than You. by Nobody: 6:00am On Mar 19, 2017

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Serious Muslim Lady For Marriage / 2017 Hajj: Katsina Moves Pilgrims To Muna / The Day And Sunnah Of Eid L Adha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.