Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Pc Enthusiasts Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pc Enthusiasts Help (1321 Views)

Thread For PC Hobbyists, Gadget Lovers, Tech Enthusiasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pc Enthusiasts Help by dasdexter(m): 4:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
good evening, i have a problem, just this morning i was gaming on my pc, and it just suddenly tripped off, i tried switching on again but the screen is totally blank, not even a black screen, only d power button led and keyboard led is on, please any possible solution from you guys will be appreciated, i have googled everything i can still no progress.
Re: Pc Enthusiasts Help by Sanni45(m): 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
From d luk of tinz,U mait have a faulty VGA..U will have to take it to an engineer,for dem to work on d board.
Re: Pc Enthusiasts Help by dasdexter(m): 5:41am On Oct 05, 2016
Sanni45:
From d luk of tinz,U mait have a faulty VGA..U will have to take it to an engineer,for dem to work on d board.
can a faulty vga of a laptop be repaired, if so how much will it cost me, thanks.
Re: Pc Enthusiasts Help by sotall(m): 7:05am On Oct 05, 2016
Take it to an engineer to troubleshoot for you. If you are in Lagos , you can contact me.
Re: Pc Enthusiasts Help by RobinHez(m): 8:44am On Oct 05, 2016
dasdexter:
good evening, i have a problem, just this morning i was gaming on my pc, and it just suddenly tripped off, i tried switching on again but the screen is totally blank, not even a black screen, only d power button led and keyboard led is on, please any possible solution from you guys will be appreciated, i have googled everything i can still no progress.
The leds that are on... Are they blinking? If they are... Then there's a problem with your ram....

A faulty vga in this context is an extreme case... But take it to a technician, let him diagnose it hand-on.
Re: Pc Enthusiasts Help by dasdexter(m): 8:59am On Oct 05, 2016
sotall:
Take it to an engineer to troubleshoot for you. If you are in Lagos , you can contact me.
am not in Lagos am in at akwa ibom
Re: Pc Enthusiasts Help by dasdexter(m): 9:03am On Oct 05, 2016
RobinHez:

The leds that are on... Are they blinking? If they are... Then there's a problem with your ram....

A faulty vga in this context is an extreme case... But take it to a technician, let him diagnose it hand-on.
no they are not blinking, it's on until i switch it off, yeah a faulty vga is really an extreme case, i just hope it doesn't come to that, i intend hooking it up with an external monitor to see if it comes on.
Re: Pc Enthusiasts Help by RobinHez(m): 9:51am On Oct 05, 2016
dasdexter:
no they are not blinking, it's on until i switch it off, yeah a faulty vga is really an extreme case, i just hope it doesn't come to that, i intend hooking it up with an external monitor to see if it comes on.
Great idea.
Keep us posted.
Re: Pc Enthusiasts Help by Sanni45(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2016
dasdexter:
Nice move
Re: Pc Enthusiasts Help by koseepaaro(m): 6:50am On Oct 06, 2016
@OP, what you need to do might just be "to call someone nearby that have a bit knowledge of computer maintenance and tell the person to help you remove the RAM, dust off the RAM SLOT and re-connect the RAM". Good luck to you.
Re: Pc Enthusiasts Help by dasdexter(m): 11:16pm On Oct 06, 2016
koseepaaro:
@OP, what you need to do might just be "to call someone nearby that have a bit knowledge of computer maintenance and tell the person to help you remove the RAM, dust off the RAM SLOT and re-connect the RAM". Good luck to you.
i have done that still no progress.
Re: Pc Enthusiasts Help by dasdexter(m): 11:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
finally i hooked it up to an external monitor, still no display on the monitor, took it to a technician today, ran all the tests he could, and told me the fault is from the motherboard, but didn't specify the actual component causing it, i forgot to mention it's an amd system both processor and gpu, bought November 2013, no fault till now, am still open to ideas, thanks.
Re: Pc Enthusiasts Help by Sanni45(m): 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2016
Hey,wen I first saw ur post I suspected ur VGA,since u said d display went blank while playing game.Most times repititve gaming wit laptop(dats is not built for gaming) wears down d VGA over time.Which often result in symptoms lyk dis..Bt did d engineer say he will fix it?

(1) (Reply)

Hp Elitebook Corei5, 1gb Dedicated Graphics, With Games 80k / Clean Direct Uk Use Hp Core I5 Laptops At Slashed Price / 1TB HDD/8GB RAM HP 15 Laptop (Touchscreen) For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.