Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. (23099 Views)

Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears / Lady Celebrates As She Rents A House For The 1st Time After 8yrs of Squating(pic / Giving back to Nairalanders-Get Your Free House Sketches Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by gucciplay: 5:46pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hi everyone i sold my 2 plots of lands last year to build a house . so the issue now is that my 4 tenants rent have expired since last month. my junior brother informed them there house rent have expired the told him that i will have to give them 3 free months. that is what Nigeria law said unless i should them Quit Notice .It's very sad that a house i build with my hard earn money somebody will be telling me that he will live in my house for free. I want to know which step i have to take

3 Likes

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by Cutehector(m): 5:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
Abeg throw those basterds away from your house jor..

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by ifyalways(f): 5:48pm On Oct 04, 2016
Get a caretaker/property manager preferably a lawyer who would ensure there's a signed agreement by tenants and you as well before rentage.

This happens only to Oga Landlord who wants to be landlord, caretaker and agent.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by gucciplay: 5:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
[quote author=ifyalways post=49916204]Get a caretaker/property manager preferably a lawyer who would ensure there's a signed agreement by tenants and you as well before rentage.

This happens only to Oga Landlord who wants to be landlord, caretaker and agent.[/quote

There's an agreement between me and the tenants which both of the parties signed. inside the Agreement we agreed that the tenants will renew there house after 7 days there rent expire

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by gucciplay: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2016
Cutehector:
Abeg throw those basterds away from your house jor..

Bros am very angry but i don't want to take law into my hand. that is the reason i want to follow legal way to deal with them

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by menix(m): 5:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
Why not reach a concrete agreement with them where they will all sign that after the 3 month they will leave...

If you decide to quit them, they would still stay 6 month and u will also spend extra...
Yes the 6 month they spent, u can still get ur rent but if the tenants re people like me, ur name nah Joseph of Aramantia cous i will frustrate you..

21 Likes

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by soberdrunk(m): 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
Oga dont listen to negative advice or let your anger get the best of you, if not you may end up paying "rent" to your tenants. I am saying this from 'experience', its either you give them the three months grace(which is legal by the way) or hand over your property to a "reliable" lawyer or property manager.............

25 Likes

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by luciouscookie: 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
menix:
Why not reach a concrete agreement with them where they will all sign that after the 3 month they will leave...

If you decide to quit them, they would still stay 6 month and u will also spend extra...
Yes the 6 month they spent, u can still get ur rent but if the tenants re people like me, ur name nah Joseph of Aramantia cous i will frustrate you..
You will be landlord one day ooo and your tenants go frustrate youyou grin

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by gucciplay: 6:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
menix:

Are you saying that if somebody paid for one year house rent. he will get 3 months for free because i don't give them Quit Notice. So if the house belong to you it will be fine by you.

11 Likes

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by gucciplay: 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
soberdrunk:
Oga dont listen to negative advice or let your anger get the best of you, if not you may end up paying "rent" to your tenants. I am saying this from 'experience', its either you give them the three months grace(which is legal by the way) or hand over your property to a "reliable" lawyer or property manager.............

That means it's legal to live in somebody house for free for 3 months after the one year rent expire.

5 Likes

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by menix(m): 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
luciouscookie:

You will be landlord one day ooo and your tenants go frustrate youyou grin

Sorry to disappoint you, i am one already....

12 Likes

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by ifyalways(f): 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
[quote author=gucciplay post=49916314][/quote]
Stop dealing directly with your tenants. Get a manager or caretaker.
Enough said.

What exactly is the free three months for? All four tenants requested for that? Was there a delay from the time they paid you to when they moved in?

You don already enter one chance. Better play foolish and hope they will move after 3 months.

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by menix(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
gucciplay:

Are you saying that if somebody paid for one year house rent. he will get 3 months for free because i don't give them Quit Notice

I ve not said so but the truth is that u ve got mischievous tenants nd since its glaring to you, why not settle things amicable..
Some dude here will tell you throw their loads out, i swear the day u try such, u go know say some tenant pass landlord.

You happen to be landlord nd lawyer, else ur lawyer would ve done the right thing and they would even advise you. The truth of it is that if u give them quit notice they would still occupy that house for 3 month..

So why not reach an agreement with them..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by ifyalways(f): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
^ if he gives them quit notice, it's 6 months free, I think.

Plus the money an emergency lawyer will chop abi he no go serve them ni?

2 Likes

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by gucciplay: 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
menix:

I ve not said so but the truth is that u ve got mischievous tenants nd since its glaring to you, why not settle things amicable..
Some dude here will tell you throw their loads out, i swear the day u try such, u go no say some tenant pass landlord.

You happen to be landlord nd lawyer, else ur lawyer would ve done the right thing and they would even advise you. The truth of it is that if u give them quit notice they would still occupy that house for 3 month..

So why not reach an agreement with them..

You still have not get my point . i want to know if it's in Nigeria law that if somebody paid for 1 year house the tenant will be giving 3 months free rent. That is what i want to know before i have to take action. I'm not afraid of any of them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by gucciplay: 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
ifyalways:
^ if he gives them quit notice, it's 6 months free, I think.

Plus the money an emergency lawyer will chop abi he no go serve them ni?

Madam i don't give them any Quit notice there house rent have expired the refused to pay and said that i should give them Quit notice. is that the normal way things is done in Nigeria i want to know before i have deal with them

2 Likes

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by menix(m): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
gucciplay:

You still have not get my point . i want to know if it's in Nigeria law that if somebody paid for 1 year house the tenant will be giving 3 months free rent. That is what i want to know before i have to take action. I'm not afraid of any of them

There is no such law that say "FREE" but if u ve to give them quit notice, its 6 month nd most time recovering ur rent for that duration is like asking MTN for free airtym..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by gucciplay: 6:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
menix:

There is no such law that say "FREE" but if u ve to give them quit notice, its 6 month nd most time recovering ur rent for that duration is like asking MTN for free airtym..

That's what i want to know since there's no such law. that means they are the ones looking for my trouble. No problem that means they are acting illegal i will also my act my own illegal way also

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by akinloluwao: 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2016
Oga landlord u better take it easy. If you are in Lagos.. lol I am sorry for you. Lagos state tenancy law favours the tenants more than the landlords. 3 months is just around the corner. Easy does it

13 Likes

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by adewaleID: 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hey,

There are several ways to go about this.

First you need prayer, then you need a plan of action and surely God will help you get rid of them.

Type of House? location of house? will be very help. From your posting I guess you are not on ground, You will need professionals not your brother to manage your house. He can be the main contact.

3 Likes

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by gucciplay: 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
akinloluwao:
Oga landlord u better take it easy. If you are in Lagos.. lol I am sorry for you. Lagos state tenancy law favours the tenants more than the landlords. 3 months is just around the corner. Easy does it

It's not possible to live in my house for free. weather 3 months is close or not the must pay me my money. i build that house with my hard earn money . there's no law that will favour somebody not to pay his house rent. there rent have expired so the should be ready for me. since there's no law in Nigeria again. I will take law into my hand now. i will use them as example next time the will not play with anybody the see. the have pushed me to the wall

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by gucciplay: 10:13pm On Oct 04, 2016
adewaleID:
Hey,

There are several ways to go about this.

First you need prayer, then you need a plan of action and surely God will help you get rid of them.

Type of House? location of house? will be very help. From your posting I guess you are not on ground, You will need professionals not your brother to manage your house. He can be the main contact.

Bros this is not a matter of prayer. My tenants house rent have expired instead of them to park out the told my brother to give them 3 months rent for free or he should give them Quit Notice. i saw all the comments here nobody have said what the tenants are doing is bad expect 2 persons. that showed that will live in unlawful country where people behave like an animal. i sold my lands to build that house. it's very painful to be watching some foolish tenants telling me to give them 3 free months for what. The will see the other side of me since there's no law in the country again.

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by akinloluwao: 1:24am On Oct 05, 2016
gucciplay:

It's not possible to live in my house for free. weather 3 months is close or not the must pay me my money. i build that house with my hard earn money . there's no law that will favour somebody not to pay his house rent. there rent have expired so the should be ready for me. since there's no law in Nigeria again. I will take law into my hand now. i will use them as example next time the will not play with anybody the see. the have pushed me to the wall
correct man. grin grin grin just take it easy so as not to blame yourself later. A word is enough for the wise

6 Likes

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by seuncyber(m): 6:50am On Oct 05, 2016
Inform your lawyer

2 Likes

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by Pavore9: 6:50am On Oct 05, 2016
gucciplay:

Bros am very angry but i don't want to take law into my hand. that is the reason i want to follow legal way to deal with them

Involve a lawyer.

2 Likes

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by samsono30: 6:51am On Oct 05, 2016
:
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 05, 2016
is a thing of the heart my friend..
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by seunlayi(m): 6:51am On Oct 05, 2016
Give it to them, after that they won't ask again

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by weblord1900: 6:52am On Oct 05, 2016
Oi
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by ifyeez: 6:53am On Oct 05, 2016
I just dey find free likes anyhow cool cool cool. Give me Like if you re cool like me.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two-Storey Building Collapses In Rivers state, Three Feared Dead (Photos) / Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter / What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.