Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,918 members, 7,835,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1888 Views)

Very Clean Nigerian Used Lexus RX 300 / Lexus Rx 300 03 Used First Body For Sale@1.550m SOLD sOLD / Auto Industry Cranks Up For More Electric Cars As Hybrids Edge Batteries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by mudbin2020: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
SOS GURUS PLEASE HELP

My rx 300 stopped me on my way to office last week,its working as if there is no gas each time i try to accelerate the car dies off, A mech came to help and claims its fuel pump and spark plug.After changing this things the car refuse to work . The guys spent the whole day working on the car all to no avail. I had to tow the car home. My main mech tried all to no avail.All sensors were changed ancd d car just cranks and not start.the car sparks a nd supply fuel but will not start. compression test were done to check if the car has low compression but the mech claims the car has good compression. Gurus have come to scan it throws some codes relating to cam shaft sensor and this was replaced,
Other sensors were also replaced and the car refuse to start.Each time u cranks it will almost start and fails. Gurus please help
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by pyx: 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2016
Bros am sorry about this, I love to help but I just received admission letter to study automobile engineering last week , now self I never get school fee paid. It is well, all of una wey be my senior for university , show face

1 Like

Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by princetom1(m): 10:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
pyx:
Bros am sorry about this, I love to help but I just received admission letter to study automobile engineering last week , now self I never get school fee paid. It is well, all of una wey be my senior for university , show face

Which school are u studying from?

1 Like

Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by AdisaOwala: 10:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
mudbin2020:
SOS GURUS PLEASE HELP

My rx 300 stopped me on my way to office last week,its working as if there is no gas each time i try to accelerate the car dies off, A mech came to help and claims its fuel pump and spark plug.After changing this things the car refuse to work . The guys spent the whole day working on the car all to no avail. I had to tow the car home. My main mech tried all to no avail.All sensors were changed ancd d car just cranks and not start.the car sparks a nd supply fuel but will not start. compression test were done to check if the car has low compression but the mech claims the car has good compression. Gurus have come to scan it throws some codes relating to cam shaft sensor and this was replaced,
Other sensors were also replaced and the car refuse to start.Each time u cranks it will almost start and fails. Gurus please help

From all indications, i suspect a brainbox issue - get a competent Rewire to troubleshoot & fix your ride.

1 Like

Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by princetom1(m): 11:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
mudbin2020:
SOS GURUS PLEASE HELP

Help needed here, GAZZUZZ, Kingreign

1 Like

Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Bullet01(f): 5:30am On Oct 05, 2016
Look for a competent rewire. You shouldn't have consult a mechanic first. Its not their job. Check fuses, wires and .........
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:11am On Oct 05, 2016
princetom1:

Help needed here, GAZZUZZ, Kingreign

mudbin2020:
SOS GURUS PLEASE HELP

For an engine to run, you will need compression, a spark, fuel supply, all in the right sequence.

You have confirmed the following.

A spark
: (rules out engine ecu)
Fuel supply: (what is the fuel pressure at the injector rail)
Compression: (what values are you getting)
The right sequence: (it is not unheard off for the timing belt to jump a few degrees because of a failed tensioner or old age.

It I was the one, I would check, fuel pressure and timing marks again.
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by shyling(f): 6:14am On Oct 05, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

thanks.

[color=#990000]For an engine to run, you will need compression, a spark, fuel supply, all in the right sequence.

A spark
The right sequence: (it is not unheard off for the timing belt to jump a few degrees because of a failed tensioner or old age.

noted down.
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by princetom1(m): 9:30am On Oct 05, 2016
shyling:

noted down.

Where are u located? If lagos, u just hit the jackpot, u will get a free scan courtesy of GAZZUZZ grin

GAZZUZZ:

For an engine to run, you will need compression, a spark, fuel supply, all in the right sequence.

A spark
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:00am On Oct 05, 2016
princetom1:

Where are u located? If lagos, u just hit the jackpot, u will get a free scan courtesy of GAZZUZZ grin

Nah you de pay? angry

1 Like

Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by mudbin2020: 10:13am On Oct 05, 2016

[color=#006600]

Thanks you all we have checked the fuel pressure and replaced the fuelpump,we are on the third one infact my rewire had to put a v8 engine fuel pump in the car.All fuses have been checked non is faulty and all wiring have been checked all is in order .But the rewire is suspecting brain box because the light to the back plug set is failing and the supply to the nozzle is alaso failling so the back nozzle is not opening well or fails to open.He said the only cause could be brain box.Before this rewire came i went to ladipo to bring a new brain box programmed with my key but the engine just keep cranking without starting.My mechanic have checked the timing and its ok,Also i dont have any problem with my timing belt its firm and ok.

But for the pressure the guy checked each head with his h
PLease their a guru that can helped my out to fix this RX kindly contact me so u could come and see the car.I have spent a lot of money since the inception of this problem.

Thanks all for being there for me and being your brothers keeper.[/color][b][/b]
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by mudbin2020: 10:17am On Oct 05, 2016
@ GAZZUZZ

I am at isolo jakande estate.
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by mudbin2020: 10:20am On Oct 05, 2016
@GAZZUZZ
Please can i have your no but someone came to scan and came up with P0100,P0120 P0110 this code.
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:22am On Oct 05, 2016
mudbin2020:
@ GAZZUZZ

princetom1 will come and check the vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by mudbin2020: 11:13am On Oct 05, 2016
Thanks please inbox me ur no
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by DesolpServices(m): 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2016
Here are the codes
P0100: Mass Airflow Circuit Malfunction
P0120: Throttle Position Sensor/Switch (TPS) A Circuit Malfunction
P0110: Intake Air Temperature Circuit Malfunction
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:38pm On Oct 05, 2016
DesolpServices:
Here are the codes
P0100: Mass Airflow Circuit Malfunction
P0120: Throttle Position Sensor/Switch (TPS) A Circuit Malfunction
P0110: Intake Air Temperature Circuit Malfunction

Where did you come from?

None of the codes here will stop the OP's vehicle from starting.
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by princetom1(m): 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Where did you come from?

None of the codes here will stop the OP's vehicle from starting.

Hmnnnn, we need to solve this problem of cranking but not starting.
mudbin2020:
@ GAZZUZZ

Call GAZZUZZ on 08033910382 , oga there is recession o, nothing is free but we will not drain ur pocket. Just call that number and ur s problems will be solved once and for all, no trial and error
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by princetom1(m): 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

princetom1 will come and check the vehicle.

Ha ha ha ha. Not funny grin.
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by mudbin2020: 8:32am On Oct 06, 2016
ok no problem thanks
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by buchilino(m): 9:18am On Oct 06, 2016
AM A GREAT FAN OF RX MODELS, BUT WAT UR SAYING NOW CONCERNING UR RX300, MAKES ME 2 HAVE A RETHINK.
Re: Help Rx 300 Cranks But Not Starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by princetom1(m): 1:31pm On Nov 17, 2016
Latest pls?

(1) (Reply)

2005 Toyota Corolla @ N980k / Fairly Used Toyota Rav4 2007 Model / Clean Used Toyota Camry For Sale 820 , port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.