Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds (5839 Views)

This New Pocket-sized Drone Has Come To Replace The Selfie Stick. (photos) / See What Happens On. The Internet Every 60 Seconds / Book IRCTC Tatkal Tickets Within Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 05, 2016
What would happen if u are walking by the road and find a 256gb usb stick laying on the ground, I guess u would want to pick it up. But beware, it might just be a usb killer. Plug it into ur computer and it will fry the motherboard within seconds. Sounds like a joke right? USB Killer was demonstrated on video by a Russian hacker known only as Dark Purple, and guess what, u can buy one now at usb-killer.com. How does it work? Inside the drive is an inverting DC/DC converter that charges several capacitors to negative voltage. When this voltage is reached, the converter switches off, and a transistor opens to discharge the voltage back into the USB port. This cycle runs as a continuous loop until the USB drive is inoperable, which occurs in less than 3 seconds.

So lets say u want to kill ur friend's computer, or u have a computer in ur office or at home that someone wants to access, just give them the usb killer, once pluged in the computer s TOAST.

Below is a demonstrative video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TidRpVWXBE

Guys at everythingapplepro decided to test the usb killer with the iphone 7 plus using a usb dongle. They also tried it with the galaxy note 7 hoping it doesn't explode. Both of these devices provide low voltage and are expexted to have some sort of protection at the usb that would trip off at high voltage saving the motherboard.

Watch the video below for th result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlgwV5unTO4

1 Like

Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by Dottore: 9:43am On Oct 05, 2016
So the sole objective of the USB device is to kill people's computers. Well I think that's part of cyber terrorism which is a great offence.
OP you should have informed people on how to identify the dangerous USB devices
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 05, 2016
Dottore:
So the sole objective of the USB device is to kill people's computers. Well I think that's part of cyber terrorism which is a great offence.
OP you should have informed people on how to identify the dangerous USB devices

Not entirely. The USB killer is supposedly a testing device that lets u test a device's resistance to high voltage. It could also be a security device in home or office break-in – Your home or office has been invaded by burglars looking for valuable personal information in order to steal your identity. They see an innocuous-looking USB drive next to your computer and hope to gain access to its data. However, it's not an ordinary flash stick. After inserting USB Killer PRO into the computer the USB port is burned out, protecting you and your information.
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2016
Watch as the usb killer instantly killed a Microsoft lumia 950 within seconds. I can't believe Microsft released this thrash as a flagship phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enD1J66Vmz4
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by Elxandre(m): 10:21am On Oct 05, 2016
I need to buy this thing to gift my enemy on his/her birthday grin
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by augster(m): 10:28am On Oct 05, 2016
Elxandre:
I need to buy this thing to gift my enemy on his/her birthday grin
I already ordered one for your birthday tongue

1 Like

Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 05, 2016
augster:

lol. epic
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by Elxandre(m): 11:30am On Oct 05, 2016
augster:
it cant catch me.
i know am already grin

wait.....you're my enemy? cheesy
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by DrObum(m): 1:01pm On Oct 05, 2016
Interesting

Thanks OP
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by eightsin(m): 1:07pm On Oct 05, 2016
But I can still access the hard drive and get the info I want right? Or does it fry the hard drive as well?
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by timbros(m): 1:30pm On Oct 05, 2016
Hmmmmmm...

Jack Bauer 24 comes to mind.
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by augster(m): 1:30pm On Oct 05, 2016
Elxandre:

it cant catch me.
i know am already grin

wait.....you're my enemy? cheesy
Enemy ke? Just something good for my oga boss grin
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by d33types: 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2016
eightsin:
But I can still access the hard drive and get the info I want right? Or does it fry the hard drive as well?

Haha. It doesn't affect HDD.only the motherboard dies.

This method is the same as connecting a pure usb to usb cable between 2 computers . It fries them.
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by d33types: 1:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
greenhulk:
Watch as the usb killer instantly killed a Microsoft lumia 950 within seconds. I can't believe Microsft released this thrash as a flagship phone.

That is to say the Nokia 950 can handle a high powered device such as a usb 3 hard drive, which other phones cannot handle.
A standard usb power is 500ma but usb 3 handles upto 2000ma. That is to show the advantage of the Nokia 950 and not the "trashiness"
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2016
d33types:

That is to say the Nokia 950 can handle a high powered device such as a usb 3 hard drive, which other phones cannot handle.
A standard usb power is 500ma but usb 3 handles upto 2000ma. That is to show the advantage of the Nokia 950 and not the "trashiness"

Or maybe galaxy note 7 and Iphone 7 have some sort of protection against high current while the Lumia doesn't. Galaxy note 7 has usb type C, it can handle whatever the Lumia can handle.

1 Like

Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by d33types: 3:19pm On Oct 05, 2016
greenhulk:

Or maybe galaxy note 7 and Iphone 7 have some sort of protection against high current while the Lumia doesn't. Galaxy note 7 has usb type C, it can handle whatever the Lumia can handle.
The note 7's Usb host mode aka otg cannot handle 2 connected devices at a time but the 950 can.. Check reviews.

With grear power comes great responsibly.
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by Frank3n2(m): 3:42pm On Oct 05, 2016
Hmmm...
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by barackodam: 5:08pm On Oct 05, 2016
greenhulk:

WTF?

Just like that?

shocked
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by ifyeez: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2016
eightsin:
Buy data watch video u won't buy. tongue tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 05, 2016
256gb usb stick laying on the ground
lolx.....
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 05, 2016
barackodam:

WTF?

Just like that?

shocked

Yes just like that. Do u wanna experiment with ur phone?
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 05, 2016
snoopy1:
256gb usb stick laying on the ground
lolx.....

Are u trying to say there's no 256gb USB flash drive?

Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by augster(m): 7:29pm On Oct 05, 2016
ifyeez:
buy for him na
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by THUNDAR(m): 7:32pm On Oct 05, 2016
People are doubting 256gb when there is a 2TB flash

Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by henryobinna(m): 7:36pm On Oct 05, 2016
greenhulk:
What would happen if u are walking by the road and find a 256gb usb stick laying on the ground, I guess u would want to pick it up. But beware, it might just be a usb killer. Plug it into ur computer and it will fry the motherboard within seconds. Sounds like a joke right? USB Killer was demonstrated on video by a Russian hacker known only as Dark Purple, and guess what, u can buy one now at usb-killer.com. How does it work? Inside the drive is an inverting DC/DC converter that charges several capacitors to negative voltage. When this voltage is reached, the converter switches off, and a transistor opens to discharge the voltage back into the USB port. This cycle runs as a continuous loop until the USB drive is inoperable, which occurs in less than 3 seconds.

So lets say u want to kill ur friend's computer, or u have a computer in ur office or at home that someone wants to access, just give them the usb killer, once pluged in the computer s TOAST.

Below is a demonstrative video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TidRpVWXBE

Guys at everythingapplepro decided to test the usb killer with the iphone 7 plus using a usb dongle. They also tried it with the galaxy note 7 hoping it doesn't explode. Both of these devices provide low voltage and are expexted to have some sort of protection at the usb that would trip off at high voltage saving the motherboard.

Watch the video below for th result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlgwV5unTO4
awesome iPhone 7 and galaxy note 7.

crazy guys(a hackers) a lot of these kinda USB have been available for sometime now
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by photoshoot(m): 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2016
Nothing concern me whether it fy or not, my own is, so the iPhone 7 folks are head over heels for here is what someone just fried? Issokay.
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by barackodam: 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2016
greenhulk:

Yes just like that. Do u wanna experiment with ur phone?

Mbok, no

*Runs away*
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by barackodam: 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2016
photoshoot:
Nothing concern me whether it fy or not, my own is, so the iPhone 7 folks are head over heels for here is what someone just fried? Issokay.

LWKM

1 Like

Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2016
greenhulk:

Are u trying to say there's no 256gb USB flash drive?
issokay
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by DeKen: 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2016
Mehn, this is wicked.
Re: This USB Stick Will Kill Ur Computer/laptop Within Seconds by eightsin(m): 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
ifyeez:

But I watched all the videos from beginning to the end.

(1) (Reply)

Please What's Happening To Nairaland =Webmasters +pics / My Hotnote Pro Is Not Sending And Receiving Messages / Itel A11 Hang On Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.