Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Shame To Badagry Grammar School... Shame To Lagos State Government... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Shame To Badagry Grammar School... Shame To Lagos State Government... (1835 Views)

10 Grammar Mistakes You Should Avoid / Chude Girls Grammar School On Fire In Sapele, Delta (Photos) / Tough English Tongue Twisters To Help Your Grammar And Pronunciation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shame To Badagry Grammar School... Shame To Lagos State Government... by princedansy(m): 8:16am On Oct 07, 2016
Like our jolly good neighbors - the Yoruba people - would say, "Aile soro, ni ibere oriburuku". By this, they mean that a silenced tongue is beginning of a doomed destiny.
First, I owe Badagry Grammar School a duty to write at this crucial period that it is being coerced into distress. I must commit my pen to call for the salvation of the school that gave me a competitive and qualitative education, thus, setting the stage for my success in life. This I must do regardless of the silence or noise that may be echoed thereafter.
I consider it a duty to raise my voice against injustice against our innocent future. The future of our children.
I must, not just because Badagry Grammar School is my Alma Mater but as a convinced and committed Awoist know and proclaim that if the Sage, Obafemi Awolowo was alive today, we would have declared the disgraceful state of infrastructure and services in Badagry Grammar School as ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.
Join your VOICE with ours to echo the VOICE of Awolowo's Legacy. We must voice out and state that it is an absurdity that BADAGRY GRAMMAR SCHOOL - the only school that offers competitive and qualitative education to children in Badagry Division especially those of Badagry origin has been a victim of man's inhumanity to man.
A big question Papa AWO would have asked is, "How many Model/Special Schools are in Badagry axis that govt cant do all? How many?!
I think the end of the game has come to the fore. Are we not certain now that the grand plot is actually to hijack #BGS from the indigent Badagry people and kill it in order to disenfranchise the people of this region from having access to qualitative education in this 21st century?
If not, why this absolute neglect and disregard for the future of Badagry....? Why?
As an Old Boy of Class 2005 and all through my sojourn on landscape of #BGS, we never experienced such a decay and rot. What a wasted efforts #BGS has become after only 51 years.
I think it has become pertinent that we send a delegation out to CMS Grammar School, St. Gregory's College and et al on the Island and Mainland of Lagos before we pronounce this current government as being sectional. Till then let's keep our fingers crossed. After all this is not what Papa Awolowo was and is known for. Chief Awolowo democratized qualitative education, thus making accessible and affordable to the indigents and the less privileged. #WeNeedAwolowo
In the meantime, we say Shame to those in positions of authority but refused to preserve the infrastructural fate of #BGS. Shame!

Re: Shame To Badagry Grammar School... Shame To Lagos State Government... by Edwardhead(m): 8:44am On Oct 07, 2016

(1) (Reply)

UK Oil And Gas Training Academy Fully Funded Scholarship, 2018 – Apply Now / Is Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) Also Observing the ASUU Strike? / How To Search For Graduate Schools In Canada With Funding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.