Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

The Sorry State Of Enyimba I'ntl Stadium (Pics) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Sorry State Of Enyimba I'ntl Stadium (Pics) (1548 Views)

The Dressing Rooms And Conveniece Of Enyimba Stadium, Aba (Photos) / New Look Of Enyimba International Stadium Aba / Siasia And Super Eagles Training At Abuja Stadium (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sorry State Of Enyimba I'ntl Stadium (Pics) by uduokirika1(m): 10:58am On Oct 09, 2016
After winning the league in 2015 the highly elated newly elected Governor Dr. Okezie Ikpazu promised to renovate and upgrade the Enyimba stadium to world class standard!

Infact the contractors have this to say;

The firm's Managing Director, Ebi Egbe, commended Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu, for embarking on the project, while promising that Monimichelle would deliver a world class turf that would be a good advertisement for the country when Eny
imba starts its CAF Champions League campaign.

"We have started work in Aba and we intend to deliver in record time once the funds are available. We are also putting in place a turf which is world class," Egbe said.

He praised Ikpeazu for wanting to change the face of the two stadia in Aba and Umuahia, adding, "The governor is taking the game to the next level in the state with the reconstruction projects at the Enyimba and Umuahia stadia.

He deserves a pat on the back for taking this bold step."

The Aba stadium is one of the projects Monimichelle is building in Nigeria.

Last year, the firm installed the pitches at the Karkanda Stadium in Katsina and the Aper Aku Stadium, Makurdi. It is also handling the FC IfeanyiUbah Stadium project at Nnewi.

Egbe revealed that Monimichelle turfs are organic infill pitches built with coconut fiber and cock technology from the stable of Limota based in Italy.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201601060287.html

Today the stadium has been high-jacked by churches for numerous crusades as the concrete surface waiting for Astro turf (artificial grassing) siuts their evangelical purposes!

Enyimba finished 11th this season their poorest result since thier return to the Premeirship! While sister club Abia warriors (Umuahia) escaped relegation by the whiskers on the last league day!

Enyimba is not just a club, it remains Nigeria's most decorated club side whose fans cut across ethnic divides!

It has become a mocking gesture that the biggest club in Nigeria has no stadium due to some innactions of the political management same scenerio that facilitated the Obituary of Heartland Fc of Owerri to lower division!

Pictures of before and current state of the stadium

Lalasticlala
Robosky, Empredboy, zonacom, Honeric01, Adolayi, crownprince102, Ajibel

Re: The Sorry State Of Enyimba I'ntl Stadium (Pics) by finalboss1(m): 11:01am On Oct 09, 2016
no more grass ... wetin chop m ??
Re: The Sorry State Of Enyimba I'ntl Stadium (Pics) by seunlayi(m): 11:07am On Oct 09, 2016
finalboss1:
no more grass ... wetin chop m ??
yes, they used 115miliion to clear it

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Enyimba I'ntl Stadium (Pics) by uduokirika1(m): 11:11am On Oct 09, 2016
More

Re: The Sorry State Of Enyimba I'ntl Stadium (Pics) by uduokirika1(m): 11:21am On Oct 09, 2016
Lalasticlala anurum n'AGWO' bi zi nime ama egwuregwu ndi Enyimba di na Aba
Re: The Sorry State Of Enyimba I'ntl Stadium (Pics) by acenazt: 11:33am On Oct 09, 2016
Op It's clear for all to see the stadium is under construction how wouldn't it be in a sorry state?
Re: The Sorry State Of Enyimba I'ntl Stadium (Pics) by uduokirika1(m): 11:43am On Oct 09, 2016
acenazt:
Op It's clear for all to see the stadium is under construction how wouldn't it be in a sorry state?

We are talking of abandoned project here!

Did you read the cmment of the contractors to deliver the project before January 2016 for CAF championship?

What is todays date Mr. Sabinus?

(1) (Reply)

Someone Gave Me This Match As Fixed Today / Follow Our Premier League Analysis For Today / Video- Cr7 Top Ten Cars Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.