Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

10 Sports Competition With The Highest Money Prize - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10 Sports Competition With The Highest Money Prize (991 Views)

Jose Mourinho Named Highest Paid Manager In World Football [Top 5] / Highest Goal Scorers In World Football History / I want to host sports competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Sports Competition With The Highest Money Prize by richie44(m): 12:17am On Oct 10, 2016
Sports in general is one of the most lucrative industry in the world both business wise and entertainments wise some of the top level athletes of different sports are millionaires and sports has kind of given them so much over the course of their careers. As sports move along money is becoming a big part of every major sports and today we are going to take a look at 10 team sports competitions (tournaments/Leagues) which has the highest prize money pool and where the winning team gets the most money.

If you follow football, in particular european football you might know that quite recently England’s division 1 (English Premier League) signed a massive domestic tv rights deal which is around $8 billion (£5.136 billion) for three years from 2016 to 2019 plus another $5billion (£3billion) is expected from foreign tv deals which makes it a grand total of $13billion (£8billion) and this money will be distributed yearly for three years to premier league clubs as equal payments. Where even if a team finish at the bottom of the league in 20th place they are likely to take home around £100 million for a season while the champions will get around £150 to £160 depending on various bonuses. So if we take other european leagues into account these are the highest paying competitions in the world with massive prize money pool. But we are going to exclude the leagues and only focus on competitions/Tournaments which.

Worlds Highest Paying Sporting Events In 2016
NO# EVENT SPORT TOTAL PRIZE MONEY POOL WINNERS
1 UEFA Champions League Football Varies (2016 total was $1.3 billion) Varies (2016 winners Real Madrid got $75 million)
2 Formula 1 MotorSport $797.5m Varies (2015 winners Mercedez got $98.97m)
3 FIFA World Cup Football $576m $35m
4 European Championship Football $245m $29M
5 World Series (MLB) Baseball Varies (2014 total pool was $66.5m) 36% of total prize money pool (2014 winners got $22.5m)
6 UEFA Europa League Football Varies (2014 total pool was $237m) Varies (2014 winners got Sevilla got $16.4m)
7 Super Bowl NFL $11M
8 FedEx Cup Golf $35m $10m
9 World Series Poker Pokar $62m $10m
10 Wimbledon Tennis $45m $3.9m
11 US OPEN Tennis $47m $4m
12 Dubai World Cup Horse Racing $10m
13 FIFA Club World Cup $28m $7m

These were the big competitions which gets massive prize money to teams or players involved, in Tennis their is huge prize money as well specially the four major grand slams (Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and US Open) always increase the total prize money pool every year.

Currently Wimbledon is the highest paying tennis tournament where $42.2m is awarded among players and the winners of singles (men and women) categories taking home around $2.4 million each. While prize money is distributed according to how far a players finishes. First round losers in singles competition get around $37,000.
Re: 10 Sports Competition With The Highest Money Prize by OliviaNelson: 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2022
I would go to Real Madrid matches. But it's too expensive smiley I usually use the site Sports Events, Games, Fixtures & Matches - Koobit where I find great deals on tickets for upcoming matches
Re: 10 Sports Competition With The Highest Money Prize by paulolee(m): 4:13am On Mar 24, 2022
money makes d world go round.

(1) (Reply)

Kenneth Otigba : My Dad Wants Me To Represent Nigeria / Why North Korea Women Excel In World (female) Football Affairs / Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 25th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.