Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Before You Say "I DO" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before You Say "I DO" (495 Views)

My Wife’s Mother Would Say I Should Not Kill Her Daughter With Sex / How To Quickly Recognise Woman Beater Before You Mistakely Say I Do / 13 Questions Nigerian Parents Ask When You Say You’re Going To Visit A Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before You Say "I DO" by Doctorfitz: 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
Marriage is a beautfiul thing,it can bring the best out of individuals or sometimes the worst..Yes we are in the 21st century and that's not equivalent to losing your senses or cognitive ability on rights and wrongs...Development/advancement is not an excuse for subverting the truth..
This generation is presented with a rise in divorce rates,it could be as a result of the superficialty in the air,immaturity,westernization,e.t.c I really don't knw but what I do know is there are 1 or 2 things worthy to take note before u say- "I DO".

1.) Marriage is not a bed of roses; you must have heard it a million times and obviously there's a reason they are singing this song like an xmas carol song.trials will come so will temptations you need to prepare your mind psychologically its not a question of "IF" its a question of "WHEN".And the beauty is it can take the shape of any thing,finances,health,e.t.c. How prepared you are is what would sustain your union.

2.)The illusion of equality/conflicting ideologies; ehm I didn't want to talk about this but I jst had to.pls if u're a feminist, you don't believe in submission to a man and u are well aware your husband to be doesn't buy that idea aunty biko u dnt av any biz with that man.God will provide your own man for you....you very well knw her principles/ideas buh u went ahead to propose to her afterwards you're complaining your wife doesn't listen to u,she's nt submissive,she challenges u,bros u weren't blind before the marriage were u?..
To hit the nail on the head for a house to succeed there has to be an heirarchy if not there'll be pandemonium. Whatever form u adopt is strictly ur biz. D man can head d woman can head or u can let ur children head whatever settles ur home..adopt whatever pleases you.

3.) The mirrage of change; This individual has had a personality for 20 something years or 30 something years and just with a 1day event u expect this person to just transform to something else? Its almost impossible...if u can't put up with him before marriage I dnt think he/she will change after marriage

(1) (Reply)

TO LET:- 2 Br Flat(s) + Facilities @ Palmgrove, Onipanu, Jibowu & Yaba, Lagos. / PHOTOS: Amazing Fayose In Spiderman Costume / Lets Help Talk To Ourselves As Family. Do The Needful To Better Our Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.