Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Social Media, Social Prison - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Social Media, Social Prison (526 Views)

Naira Marley’s First Instagram Post After Regaining Freedom From Ikoyi Prison / Khloe Spotted With Naira Marley After His Release From Prison, Olamide reacts / Naira Marley Finally Released From Prison (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Social Media, Social Prison by frozenfirenaija(f): 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
@Iam_salamat liked your picture
@spiffy_rosey commented on your picture 'so cute ,bae'
@slay_erin mentioned you in a comment "@frozenfirenaija bae you look...."
No other notification can make me as happy as the above makes me. I would joyfully open my Instagram to check the number of likes i have successfully acquired on my picture because even though my mirror tells me everyday how beautiful i am, it never convinces me as much as seeing more than a hundred likes on a picture. It gives me a degree of satisfaction knowing my Mary-K foundation, Classic concealer and hours of searching for the right edit didn't go to waste . You might go about saying there's more to life than social media, you can deny it to everyone that you don't fancy public attention but you can't decieve yourself. You know you would be happier than you are if you were social media famous and probably wouldn't be bothered by this recession. If you had as many followers as @taylorswift and social media fans as @wizkidayo, committing suicide would be the last thing on your mind or maybe not even on your mind at all. "See your hairy armpit, learn to shave, sister!" was the comment a follower dropped on a picture of mine sometime ago. I was startled and pained, i looked at the picture i thought i had slayed in and even though my armpit was well shaved, i began to see strands of hair growing out of the contour of the pit, long thick black hair that could be braided! My mind was ........I believe i am not the only one who has been a victim of social media predators. Just yesterday i saw a comment on @its.priscy ' s picture of her and @fhavor_ and the follower who had made a ridiculous emphasis on her boobs admitted he did that for attention before pleading on everyone who replied his nasty comment to download his song. It reminded me of a comment that trended on instagram when @tiwasavage posted the very first picture of her son. "ugly boy, looks like a monkey" harsh enough to make thunder strike the writer. @davidoofficial was also a victim of this madness when he posted a picture of...... Kindly click the link in my bio to read complete version of 'SOCIAL MEDIA...SOCIAL PRISON"
http://frozenfirenaija..com.ng
Re: Social Media, Social Prison by menxer: 8:19pm On Oct 10, 2016
You what, it's true it's a social media prison, but why transfer us from NL medium security prison to yours on Alcatraz just to continue reading your story?
Re: Social Media, Social Prison by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
I've no clue what I just read. Someone else better come explain this _shit.
Re: Social Media, Social Prison by Nphzzycute(f): 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
yea.....you right........I read aw u and other @its.priscy's friends replied d guy......

(1) (Reply)

Falz Showing Off His Boxing Skills / Legendary Dancer "Kaffy'" Apologises, Explains Why She Called Out Davido / Video: Old Man Dies After Being Pushed Inside A Gutter By A Policeman In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.