Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1016) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (802710 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:59am On Mar 07
Who else is watching the Canada Vs USA game? Drama everywhere
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:00am On Mar 07
lovewins:

We are going to penalties. What a game this has been.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 7:12am On Mar 07
lovewins:
Me
That game was an emotional rollercoaster! Alyssa Naeher with THREE penalty saves in the shootout is insane!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:13am On Mar 07
lovewins:

We are going to penalties. What a game this has been.

USA plays Brazil in the finals after defeating Canada on penalties.

Alyssa Naeher was hero of the day as she saved 3 of 4 penalties and scored one for her team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:13am On Mar 07
PDPGuy:

Me
That game was an emotional rollercoaster! Alyssa Naeher with THREE penalty saves in the shootout is insane!!

Like insane. The Canadians are bad penalty takers though. They didn't even make an effort.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:44am On Mar 07
Oshoala seem to be enjoying life in California

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 10:08am On Mar 07
Deltamani:

Lol 😂
Loudmouth aside, she knows the koko that’s the main point..

But again if it was the USWNT I guess we won’t be calling it Loud mouth. As a Coach Ommiting a player name like Megan Rapinoe from your Squad, you will have to give reasons that she’s injured or chose to be excluded but not in our case here in Africa especially Nigeria..!

Don't you think you're going too far comparing Ngozi Okobi to Rapinoe?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:09am On Mar 07
Reason Onyiyechi Zogg haven’t featured for her new club..

A lot of you have asked why I'm still not able to wear this jersey
Unfortunately I'm dealing with some muscle problems
Day by day I work on it so l'II be back soon..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:32am On Mar 07
Deltamani:

Lol 😂
Loudmouth aside, she knows the koko that’s the main point..

But again if it was the USWNT I guess we won’t be calling it Loud mouth. As a Coach Ommiting a player name like Megan Rapinoe from your Squad, you will have to give reasons that she’s injured or chose to be excluded but not in our case here in Africa especially Nigeria..!

Sincerely didn't read this until it was quoted again. Okobi in the same sentence as Rapinoe? Just no basis for the comparison.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:33am On Mar 07
Deltamani:
Reason Onyiyechi Zogg haven’t featured for her new club..

A lot of you have asked why I'm still not able to wear this jersey
Unfortunately I'm dealing with some muscle problems
Day by day I work on it so l'II be back soon..

Injury hasn't been kind to her. It's good to see she's tenacious in spite of it. No one will fault her though if she retires early. You can count in your finger the number of games she's played the last 3 year.

Wishing her all the best.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:58am On Mar 07
CoolJulian:

I only pick out this Comparison because of their proactiveness considering how the African FA’s tends to shut the National Team door against any player that speaks up.. By the way Megan Rapinoe is the most proactive of the UWNT Players then maybe Carly Lloyd as next to her.

Look how they froze out Desire Oparanozie in the past, same way Ghana FA kicked out Elizabeth Addo and Samira Sulemana for speaking up...! These were my major concern.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:02pm On Mar 07
lovewins:

Injury hasn't been kind to her. It's good to see she's tenacious in spite of it. No one will fault her though if she retires early. You can count in your finger the number of games she's played the last 3 year.

Wishing her all the best.

Same way Patricia George couldn’t take it anymore and decided to call it a day and focus on Music for now as her Profession..

Imagine Esther Okoronkwo have gone through 2 ACL injuries, one as a College Footballer and the other as a Pro.. PSG and Poland Star Defender Dudek is currently on a back to back ACL injury, I hope she’s gets back to her usual self cause in all aspects these injuries drains..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:45pm On Mar 07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKDCBaFdL_s?si=rzaVW_pVX2CyNHTw

That game shouldn’t have been played in such a weather condition, the ball was not even bouncing properly.
Disgraceful pitch conditions, at least there should have been a good number of workers to help drain the water of the pitch before the game or halftime break..!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:40pm On Mar 07
Barbra Banda (23yrs) is a Zambian footballer who plays as a forward for Chinese club Shanghai Shengli and captains the Zambia women's national football team..

she's biologically a woman who appears to naturally have a very high testosterone levels. Of course it would be unfair if biological men were competing with women

I kind of see this as same way some men have naturally higher than average estrogen levels (Boygirl ahbi how dem da call dem 4 9ja here)...

Anyway this talk Came to my mind when someone said several European Clubs wanted her but she failed the medical tests.. But again if FIFA & IOC can allow her play in the World Cup and Olympic Games I don’t think there’s any issue there again..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:49pm On Mar 07
Deltamani:
Barbra Banda (23yrs) is a Zambian footballer who plays as a forward for Chinese club Shanghai Shengli and captains the Zambia women's national football team..

she's biologically a woman who appears to naturally have a very high testosterone levels. Of course it would be unfair if biological men were competing with women

I kind of see this as same way some men have naturally higher than average estrogen levels (Boygirl ahbi how dem da call dem 4 9ja here)...

Anyway this talk Came to my mind when someone said several European Clubs wanted her but she failed the medical tests.. But again if FIFA & IOC can allow her play in the World Cup and Olympic Games I don’t think there’s any issue there again..

Caster Semenya (33yrs) case came to my mind as the IAAF didn’t allow to participate in International Athletics Championships again because of her testosterone level, World Athletics had previously made its rules for Semenya and other athletes with certain disorders of sex development even more restrictive in March 2023, requiring affected individuals to lower their testosterone levels below a threshold of 2.5 nmol/L for at least 24 months before competing..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:35pm On Mar 07
CoolJulian:

I think you need to go back to previous page and understand the context.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 8:51pm On Mar 07
Deltamani:

Caster Semenya (33yrs) case came to my mind as the IAAF didn’t allow to participate in International Athletics Championships again because of her testosterone level, World Athletics had previously made its rules for Semenya and other athletes with certain disorders of sex development even more restrictive in March 2023, requiring affected individuals to lower their testosterone levels below a threshold of 2.5 nmol/L for at least 24 months before competing..

This Caster Semenya was a cheat code.. won everything winnable.... I stopped watching women middle distance races at the olympics and world championship because of her, lol..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:01pm On Mar 07
Fitting both Oshoala and Kundananji into the same team may prove to be a challenge, but Kundananji has made the task significantly easier by indicating her willingness to play in multiple positions.

Although she prefers to play down the middle, she has featured out wide for the Zambia national team in order to complement fellow star striker Barbra Banda.

"I can play any position as long as I'm given that task to play in that position. For the national team, we have so many strikers and so few wingers who are strong, so that is why I play on the wing - but I'm a striker," Kundananji told ESPN.

When asked if she knew what Bay's plan was to utilise her and Oshoala within the same squad, she said: "Not yet, but I'm planning to [find out]. As long as I'm with the team, no problem - I can play any position."
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:17pm On Mar 07
From my own perspective With the Current Roaster Bay FC have right now, this would definitely be the possible line up..

GK — Rowland

DF— Beattie, Menges, King, Dydasco

MF— Loera, Castellanos, Bailey/Doms

FW— Oshoala, Camberos. kundananji

Head coach Albertin Montoya has been clear about the possession style he wants to play, and the players appear to have bought in. Castellanos and Oshoala both told the Chronicle that was a key reason they chose to join Bay FC.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by oweniwe(m): 9:25pm On Mar 07
Deltamani:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKDCBaFdL_s?si=rzaVW_pVX2CyNHTw

That game shouldn’t have been played in such a weather condition, the ball was not even bouncing properly.
Disgraceful pitch conditions, at least there should have been a good number of workers to help drain the water of the pitch before the game or halftime break..!

The ref should have postponed the game by a few hours. The first goal was totally accidental
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:55am On Mar 08
Barbara Banda signs for Orlando Pride. The two most expensive transfer in women's football are from Zambia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:06pm On Mar 08
Where are they showing the game?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by joxxy01(m): 9:09pm On Mar 08
Any link to falconet vs morroco?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 9:25pm On Mar 08
joxxy01:
Any link to falconet vs morroco?
Ghana put on only the men's game.

On International women's day for that matter. Dem nor send.

Anyway Nigeria 1 Morocco 0

Chioma Olise (18 mins).

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Princezibk: 9:36pm On Mar 08
GeneralDae:

Ghana put on only the men's game.

On International women's day for that matter. Dem nor send.

Anyway Nigeria 1 Morocco 0

Chioma Olise (18 mins).
Thanks for the update
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 9:44pm On Mar 08
🇳🇬🇲🇦| GOAL!!!

40' Adoo Yina doubles the lead.

Nigeria 🇳🇬 |2- 0| Morocco 🇲🇦

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Princezibk: 10:35pm On Mar 08
GeneralDae:
🇳🇬🇲🇦| GOAL!!!

40' Adoo Yina doubles the lead.

Nigeria 🇳🇬 |2- 0| Morocco 🇲🇦
Pls update us oo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 11:05pm On Mar 08
Princezibk:
Pls update us oo
It ended 2-0.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Princezibk: 11:39pm On Mar 08
GeneralDae:

It ended 2-0.
Thanks general 👍
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:47am On Mar 09
All Africa Games 🇬🇭 Women's Football

Line ups. Nigeria 🇳🇬 v Morroco 🇲🇦

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:48am On Mar 09
All Africa Games Women's Football

Nigeria 🇳🇬 are off to a winning start in the tournament goals from Chioma Olise and Addo Yina pathe the way to a 2-0 victory.

Group B

Result
Nigeria 🇳🇬 2-0 Morocco 🇲🇦
Chioma Olise 19
Addo Yina 40

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.