Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (801676 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 9:13pm On Apr 06
For people that still want to watch the highlights,check Victor Modo channel on YouTube. His highlights seems the best so far..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:30pm On Apr 06
Deltamani:
One For The Future
I just dey pity the attacker this girl go jam. Aboniki balm won't be enough to reduce the pain. grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:59pm On Apr 06
mostob:
I just dey pity the attacker this girl go jam. Aboniki balm won't be enough to reduce the pain. grin

Lol 😂 😂

Her well built Physique though, one of the reason I always compare her with Legendary Germany Goalkeeper Nadine Angerer as they look the same in height and body side even goalkeeping abilities too…

We used to have very big goalkeepers back in the days especially as Back up’s goalies Judith Chime Pic.1 (Played in the 🇺🇸) one of the first generation set, Racheal Ayegba Pic.2 (Played in 🇫🇮) among the 2nd generation set of goalkeepers and they were very very good too even with their bulky size…!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 11:12pm On Apr 06
And how good were these very big keepers for Nigeria, huh?
Sorry, but Nadine Angerer was never this overweight throughout her career.
This kid really needs to shed a few.
Deltamani:

Lol 😂 😂

Her well built Physique though, one of the reason I always compare her with Legendary Germany Goalkeeper Nadine Angerer as they look the same in height and body side even goalkeeping abilities too…

We used to have very big goalkeepers back in the days especially as Back up’s goalies Judith Chime (Played in the 🇺🇸) one of the first generation set, Racheal Ayegba (Played in 🇫🇮) among the 2nd generation set of goalkeepers and they were very very good too even with their bulky size…!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:27pm On Apr 06
U20 Versatile Shukurat Oladipo (African Games Silver Medalist) warming up yesterday for Super Falcons.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:31pm On Apr 06
AkinDS:
And how good were these very big keepers for Nigeria, huh?
Sorry, but Nadine Angerer was never this overweight throughout her career.
This kid really needs to shed a few.

I did say they were mainly Back up goalies for Nigeria, Judith was the Back up for Ann, Racheal alongside Tochi Oluehi were back up for Precious Dede but they both had an excellent Club Career in America and Europe respectively..!

Nadine is well built and she comes to mind whenever I see Linda Juwuaku, I do believe she will definitely shed some weight as time goes on as she’s still Young! She isn’t even as big as Racheal though!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:33pm On Apr 06
Rinsola Babajide in Action Yesterday!

Again after the match yesterday one of the Journalists was asking Randy when are we going to see her Play… Nawa…. Truth be told going by the number of 18players that goes to the Olympic Games, I don’t see Monday Gift making the squad thuo!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 12:24am On Apr 07
Deltamani:

Lol 😂 😂

We used to have very big goalkeepers back in the days especially as Back up’s goalies Judith Chime Pic.1 (Played in the 🇺🇸) one of the first generation set, Racheal Ayegba Pic.2 (Played in 🇫🇮) among the 2nd generation set of goalkeepers and they were very very good too even with their bulky size…!

Nadine was never as bulky as Linda, I don't get where this contstant comparison is coming from. Nadine was just 5'9" and Linda is at least nothing less than 6'0" ( Chiamaka is 5'11" and Linda is comfortably taller than her ). Nadine was just a regular sized GK her playing weight is listed as 154lbs. Goalkeepers like Chrisiane Endler, Musovic, Berger etc are all comfortably bigger than she was.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:27am On Apr 07
ThePresenceWtf:

Nadine was never as bulky as Linda, I don't get where this contstant comparison is coming from. Nadine was just 5'9" and Linda is at least nothing less than 6'0" ( Chiamaka is 5'11" and Linda is comfortably taller than her ). Nadine was just a regular sized GK her playing weight is listed as 154lbs. Goalkeepers like Chrisiane Endler, Musovic, Berger etc are all comfortably bigger than she was.

Excluding 2007 to 2010. Did you even watch Nadine in the Period of 2011-2015?? Haba… Nadine is way bigger than all you just mentioned except Endler and Berger who are taller! How do you even bring Endler, Musovic and Berger into this issue. You would have mentioned Belgium/RSC Anderlecht Goalkeeper Justine Odeurs I wouldn’t have replied you brought in Endler and co🙄🙄

Linda is well built just like Nadine Angerer, you might just come up with Linda slightly bigger and taller but again they’re both in same range, I followed her game alongside Hope Solo because of their constant comparison of who was better between them then..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 12:39am On Apr 07
Deltamani:

Haba… Nadine is way bigger than all you just mentioned except Endler and Berger who are taller!

No, she wasn't. She just played during the time female Goalkeepers were all short... Under 5'7". For reference, Hope Solo is the same size as she was ( 5'9"wink albeit, 2lbs smaller).

One of the players in that picture is literally bigger than her. Don't let those oversized jersey and Monstrosity of Shin-pad she's doning fool you 😂😂

These were the GK she competed with Wising, Scurry, Jönsson, Rottenberg etc and she wasn't bigger than any of them. She was just regular sized. (For a female GK )

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:53am On Apr 07
ThePresenceWtf:

No, she wasn't. She just played during the time female Goalkeepers were all short... Under 5'7". For reference, Hope Solo is the same size as she was ( 5'9"wink albeit, 2lbs smaller.

Of of the players in that picture is literally bigger than her. Don't let those oversized jersey and Monstrosity of Shin-pad she's doning fool you 😂😂

Not all were short pls, there were a lot of tall ones just that Hope and Nadine dominated their time!
Lydia William of Australia, England goalkeeper then, I think the Norwegian goalie was tall too, even Dede who was among their set was also tall.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:54am On Apr 07
The Super Falcons will travel to South Africa on Sunday (7th April) afternoon.

Do come and catch a glimpse of the team as they train at the Moshood Abiola Stadium on Sunday (7th April ) by 10 am

Thank you for your continual support. The fight for the Olympic ticket is more intense. 🔥

Oluchi Tobe-Chukwu
Media Officer Super Falcons.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:54am On Apr 07
It’s very Clear and obvious that this Zambians team is thriving on individual Brilliance especially from the Pace of Physical Strength of their Male like Players ( Prisca Chilufya, Barbra Banda, Kabange Mupopo, Racheal Nachula, Ireen Lungu)

https://www.youtube.com/live/CPxkBFJRqr8?si=pzc0FfbhNb1MGJ48

📷#15 Prisca Chikufya

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 8:51am On Apr 07
South Africa got lucky, ref should’ve given that defender a red card

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by oweniwe(m): 10:03am On Apr 07
Deltamani:
It’s very Clear and obvious that this Zambians team is thriving on individual Brilliance especially from the Pace of Physical Strength of their Male like Players ( Prisca Chilufya, Barbra Banda, Kabange Mupopo, Racheal Nachula, Ireen Lungu)

https://www.youtube.com/live/CPxkBFJRqr8?si=pzc0FfbhNb1MGJ48

📷#15 Prisca Chikufya

This is man nau

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:49pm On Apr 07
lovewins:

I think it's just a case or square peg in round hole. HVL shouldn't have transferred to LSU. She was phenomenal in Louisville last year and was potentially a first round picks in mock drafts. She should either have stayed in Louisville or go a program like Iowa that is sincerely a better fit. This has been a terrible year for her quite frankly.

She don comot. LSU need to play Flau'jae at point next season.
South Carolina will get revenge today sha grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:56pm On Apr 07
BascoVanVeli:

She don comot. LSU need to play Flau'jae at point next season.
South Carolina will get revenge today sha grin

All of Una dey do bad belle for my girl Caitlin. Lol

I really do hope Iowa wins today. Really want this for Caitlin. We'll see how it goes.

As for HVL, she needed the extra year cause her draft prospect dropped badly so didn't make sense for her to enter in for the draft this year. Plot twist will be her going to Iowa but rumour says she's heading to Washington
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:14pm On Apr 07
lovewins:

All of Una dey do bad belle for my girl Caitlin. Lol

I really do hope Iowa wins today. Really want this for Caitlin. We'll see how it goes.

As for HVL, she needed the extra year cause her draft prospect dropped badly so didn't make sense for her to enter in for the draft this year. Plot twist will be her going to Iowa but rumour says she's heading to Washington

It's not bad belle grin South Carolina have been the best team all year and they have like 3 players that can make things tough for Caitlin. Plus Raven Johnson will be looking to get her getback for what happened last season with Caitlin.

I don't know why people keep saying Hailey should go to Iowa. They need a point guard and we just saw a year's worth of proof that she is not. The only thing she has in common is her being a high volume shooter.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lavylilly: 8:19pm On Apr 07
Are we discussing football here or basketball 🏀
BascoVanVeli:

It's not bad belle grin South Carolina have been the best team all year and they have like 3 players that can make things tough for Caitlin. Plus Raven Johnson will be looking to get her getback for what happened last season with Caitlin.

I don't know why people keep saying Hailey should go to Iowa. They need a point guard and we just saw a year's worth of proof that she is not. The only thing she has in common is her being a high volume shooter.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 8:20pm On Apr 07
Have Super Falcons taken off to South Africa?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:36pm On Apr 07
BascoVanVeli:

Are you being entertained Basco. Grateful the witness the greatness that is Caitlin Clark.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:04pm On Apr 07
lovewins:

Are you being entertained Basco. Grateful the witness the greatness that is Caitlin Clark.

She is doing her thing but the refs are clearly against SC. They can't even touch Caitlin without a foul getting called
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:09pm On Apr 07
Some of the white folks in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 wants to play for Nigeria, I know few girls in my team who told me that they will like to get the Nigeria citizenship so that they can play for Nigeria 🇳🇬.

The greatest achievement my dad did for me is getting Nigeria citizenship for me , and I am enjoying wearing the Nigeria jersey.

Playing for the greatest black nation on earth is a dream come true for me . Ashleigh Plumptre!!!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Goldsplash(m): 9:28pm On Apr 07
Deltamani:
Some of the white folks in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 wants to play for Nigeria, I know few girls in my team who told me that they will like to get the Nigeria citizenship so that they can play for Nigeria 🇳🇬.

The greatest achievement my dad did for me is getting Nigeria citizenship for me , and I am enjoying wearing the Nigeria jersey.

Playing for the greatest black nation on earth is a dream come true for me . Ashleigh Plumptre!!!
We really don't know our worth as a nation.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:10pm On Apr 07
Hey Lovewins I told u about South Carolina. Best team in the nation cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 10:29pm On Apr 07
lavylilly:
American College soccer smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lavylilly: 10:35pm On Apr 07
yinkeys:

Are you talking about point guard
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 10:35pm On Apr 07
And the result is 75-87 South Carolina??
Ah ah, Alhaji! If you go lie, make you try small. grin
yinkeys:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 10:38pm On Apr 07
AkinDS:
And the result is 75-87 South Carolina??
Ah ah, Alhaji! If you go lie, make you try small. grin
grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:01pm On Apr 07
lavylilly:

This one on me, my bad. In my R Truth voice grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:55am On Apr 08
BascoVanVeli:
Hey Lovewins I told u about South Carolina. Best team in the nation cool

Was never in doubt. You'll notice I didn't make mouth like I did against UConn. Just wanted this win for Caitlin but how do you beat that setup. USC was getting multiple second point chances and were locked in on defence. Also, Caitlin's teammate weren't as effective offensively so the handwriting was clear.

Really loved this for Dawn Stanley though. Amazing woman.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:04am On Apr 08
oweniwe:

This is man nau

According to Physical appearance she’s a man ooo, Infact about 6 of the regular Starters in the Zambians Squad.. but Biology wise she’s a Woman with higher level of Testosterone than Usual.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.