Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (803085 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:03pm On Jun 26, 2022
Deltamani:

That one na Ordega nature for you… Always staying Fresh and Sexy, never to be caught un fresh
She should stay sexy football-wise too...she is gradually losing her spot.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2022
Deltamani:
Morocco here we come :
Official team Photo of the Super Falcons of Africa.

Awwwww..... my Franny soso fresh and sweet
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:45pm On Jun 26, 2022
#footballliveng
Which Falcons player is under the most pressure going to Morocco?

The Super Falcons are a week away from the title defence of their WAFCON honors.

The team's history is laden with taliswomen who have set the tournament alight in years past with Mercy Akide, Desire Oparanozie, Perpetua Nwokocha and even Asisat Oshoala carrying the hopes of a nation...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:46pm On Jun 26, 2022
mostob:
She should stay sexy football-wise too...she is gradually losing her spot.

She would definitely deliver when it matters…

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Tinneh: 3:03pm On Jun 26, 2022
Deltamani:
Super Falcons set for Morrocco.

The ladies had a wonderful time training twice today at the practise pitch 1 of the Moshood Abiola Stadium, Abuja.
Enjoy the training in pictures.
This onumonu girl so fine....natural stuffs

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
Deltamani:
2022 AWCON: We Are Ready For Super Falcons - South Africa Coach

Head Coach of Banyana Banyana of South Africa, Desiree Ellis, said they are ready to confront Nigeria's Super Falcons, BSNsports.com.ng gathered

Both teams will come face to face in the opening group C slated for Rabat in Morocco on the 4th of July.

The team which arrived in Morocco on Wednesday had their second training session on Friday morning and coach Ellis was impressed with the drive and enthusiasm showed by the players.

“We were welcomed warmly when we arrived at the airport. We are coping very well and there has been so much enthusiasm and drive at our training session,’’ said Ellis.

[b][/b]“The closer we get to our opening game the more we get into more detail. We show the players footage and try to break it down.

“We are still working on a lot of things and we have the footage for the players to see who they are up against and work on different areas on the field,’’ concluded Ellis

These South African girls are really serious about their first game with SF. They even have video footages of SF games. Hope Randy Waldrum too have done his own homework on RSA. We want our 10th title this year. Wishing the team all the best
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2022
Okobi has vastly improved her fitness. Very impressive.
This is an exciting team.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 7:20pm On Jun 26, 2022
Deltamani:

That one na Ordega nature for you… Always staying Fresh and Sexy, never to be caught un fresh
she nor fine for my eye sha

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2022
What the Hell ,, Spain just put 7 past Australia cool shocked
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
do4luv14:

Awwwww..... my Franny soso fresh and sweet
grin grin you still never move on from this your crush grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
Deltamani:

She would definitely deliver when it matters…
Hopefully..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:44pm On Jun 26, 2022
Tinneh:

This onumonu girl so fine....natural stuffs
Alozie? grin
Na fine girls we dey parade now...gone are the days of ranju pa...ma rerin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 10:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
mostob:
Alozie? grin
Na fine girls we dey parade now...gone are the days of ranju pa...ma rerin grin grin

Omoh That Alozie babe fine no cap...

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:37pm On Jun 26, 2022
justicechichex:

Omoh That Alozie babe fine no cap...
better package... I no know why Iwobi dey dull am ...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 10:41pm On Jun 26, 2022
mostob:
better package... I no know why Iwobi dey dull am ...

My own package. Who goes Iwobi na? Abeg this WAFCON go make sense...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
justicechichex:

My own package. Who goes Iwobi na? Abeg this WAFCON go make sense...
You wan compete with Iwobi? grin

Yea...I really want us to beat those south African... it's as important as winning the trophy. They have been making too much noise for some days now. I wish and hope he girls can do it for me
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 4:34am On Jun 27, 2022
mostob:
Alozie? grin

I think we get fine girls since, imagine this Rebecca Kalu, who get her contact now sef, somebody is asking honourably

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:27am On Jun 27, 2022
naijaseeker:

I think we get fine girls since, imagine this Rebecca Kalu, who get her contact now sef, somebody is asking honourably

Rebecca Kalu stopped playing football years ago…,

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:29am On Jun 27, 2022
Good to see Flourish Sabastine back with Bayelsa Queen.. She also had a great game against the Superfalcon during the Friendly game that ended (1)-(1)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 7:49am On Jun 27, 2022
mostob:
grin grin you still never move on from this your crush grin

move on from where kwenu, you see fresh and sweet bae, you go move on without her

awwwww Franny is so Sweet mehn.......,

my only fear is Plumtre and those oyibo beauties that coming to join in not so distance time,

but................ nothing beats home made Franny

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 7:54am On Jun 27, 2022
mostob:
You wan compete with Iwobi? grin

Yea...I really want us to beat those south African... it's as important as winning the trophy. They have been making too much noise for some days now. I wish and hope he girls can do it for me

I feel it's going to be a repeat of that last edition were we lose or draw against them in the group stages and then we beat them in the final (that's if they get to the final). Coz for sure falcons will be in the finals.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:21am On Jun 27, 2022
justicechichex:

I feel it's going to be a repeat of that last edition were we lose or draw against them in the group stages and then we beat them in the final (that's if they get to the final). Coz for sure falcons will be in the finals.

I don't see the South Africa side beating the Superfalcons.... They have improved yes, but the Superfalcons at the Aisha Buhari Cup last year isn't thesame...

Now we have Osinachi Ohale and Ashleigh Plumptre in defense

Ajibade, Ucheibe, Ayinde, Tony Payne didn't feature in that tournament but the SA team had 100% of their squad at the Aisha Buhari Cup

Upfront they still have Ifeoma Onumonu and a better Oshoala to face, Let's keep our hope high...

Franny Ordega was injured during the Aisha Buhari Cup, we all know how excellent she's if she is in top form...

No need to Panic, it's an open game!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:25am On Jun 27, 2022
South Africa can easily be beaten, Cut out all Supplies to Thembi kgatlana you have already reduced them to 60%...

Take over the Midfield from Linda Maserami Mothalo and Rafilo Jane it's done..

This game doesn't need Rita Chikwelu in Midfield, Play Ucheibe, Ayinde and Ajibade or Okobi cause I'm pretty sure Randy will fix Tony Payne elsewhere..

Then bring in Otu for Ucheibe or Ayinde if any of them tire out...

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:30am On Jun 27, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
South Africa can easily be beaten, Cut out all Supplies to Thembi kgatlana you have already reduced them to 60%...

This game doesn't need Rita Chikwelu in Midfield, Play Ucheibe, Ayinde and Ajibade or Okobi cause I'm pretty sure Randy will fix Tony Payne elsewhere..

Totally agree.

I am however still a little concerned with how we move the ball. Our midfield hasn't inspired confidence and could sometimes quake under a fast paced team like the South African.

I see us winning the game, just hoping the girls would have improved their ball movement when we get to see them play.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:32am On Jun 27, 2022
South Africa hasn't greatly improved. They aren't going to surprise anyone anymore. Their gameplay is same. Quick, counter attack to play to Kgatlana. Rafilo Jane as an outlet and Mothlalo as the midfield vision.

Dennerby tactically shut them down in the last Awcon final. Kgatlana didn't see any ball after the first 20 minutes.
In the Aisha Buhari cup, they had Solgado as a 9 to assist Kgatlana and that worked by stretching Onome Ebi. With Ohale coming in, we should tame Kgatlana since there's no Solgado in the team this time.
Our strength will be a solid, balanced team. Our weakness is the right and left back positions. Oshoala finding her scoring book is also key.
If we play a solid 442 or even 352, we will best them very well.
Game changer will be the link between midfield and attack for us. We can use Ajibade there and deploy Toni Payne on the flank.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 8:35am On Jun 27, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

True, all we need to do is put Ohale on Kgatlana's wing. We all know Kgatlana is no match for Ohale. Any of Ucheibe or Otu can also lock that midfield against the South African team. Beating them is not hard at all.

My only worry now is: Why our team struggled to draw 1-1 with Balyesa Queens, even though it was a friendly.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:07am On Jun 27, 2022
The Nigeria Superfalcon Squad for the AWCON 2022 was announced on 25 June 2022.

Head coach: Randy Waldrum

Goalkeepers
1. Tochukwu Oluehi 2/5/1987 (35yrs) Maccabi Kishronot Hadera FC, ISRAEL
2. Chiamaka Nnadozie 8/12/2000 (21yrs) Paris FC, FRANCE
3. Yewande Balogun 28/9/1989 (32yrs) Coppermine United, USA

Defenders
4. Onome Ebi 8/5/1983 (39yrs) En Avant Guingamp Fc, FRANCE
5. Glory Ogbonna 25/12/1998 (23yrs) Santa Teresa FC, SPAIN
6. Osinachi Ohale 21/12/1991 (30yrs) Deportive Alaves FC, SPAIN
7. Ashleigh Plumptre 8/5/1998 (24yrs) Leicester City Women, ENGLAND
8. Nicole Payne 18/1/2001 (21yrs) USCWSoccer, USA
9. Michelle Alozie 28/4/1997 (25yrs) Houston Dash, USA
10. Akudo Esther Ogbonna 9/4/2000 (22yrs) Edo Queens, NIGERIA

Midfielders
11. Ngozi Okobi 14/12/1993 (28yrs) Eskilstuna United, SWEDEN
12. Peace Efih 5/8/2000 (21yrs) Kiryat Gat FC, ISRAEL
13. Toni Payne 22/4/1995 (27yrs) Sevilla FC SPAIN
14. Halimatu Ayinde 16/5/1995 (27yrs) Eskistuna United, SWEDEN
15. Christy Ucheibe 25/12/2000 (21yrs) Benfica FC, PORTUGAL
16. Regina Otu 5/4/1997 (25yrs) Minsk FC, BELARUS
17. Rasheedat Ajibade 8/12/1999 (22yrs) Atlético Madrid Femenino, SPAIN
18. Rita Chikwelu 6/3/1988 (34yrs) Madrid CFF, SPAIN

Strikers
19. Francisca Ordega 19/10/1993 (28yrs) CSKA Moscow, RUSSIA
20. Vivian Ikechukwu 10/7/1997 (24yrs) Gintra FC, LITHUANIA
21. Chinonyerem Macleans 1/10/1999 (22yrs) Gornik Łęczna FC, POLAND
22. Ifeoma Onumonu 25/2/1994 (28yrs) NY/NY Gotham FC, USA
23. Asisat Oshoala 9/10/1994 (27yrs) Barcelona Femenino, SPAIN
24. Uchenna Kanu 20/6/1997 (25yrs) UANL Tigres, MEXICO
25. Gift Monday 9/10/2001 (20yrs) Bayelsa Queens, NIGERIA

14 of the Players are making their AWCON debut..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by chrisooblog: 9:11am On Jun 27, 2022
grin grin

mostob:
Alozie? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:15am On Jun 27, 2022
olapluto:
South Africa hasn't greatly improved. They aren't going to surprise anyone anymore. Their gameplay is same. Quick, counter attack to play to Kgatlana. Rafilo Jane as an outlet and Mothlalo as the midfield vision.

Dennerby tactically shut them down in the last Awcon final. Kgatlana didn't see any ball after the first 20 minutes.
In the Aisha Buhari cup, they had Solgado as a 9 to assist Kgatlana and that worked by stretching Onome Ebi. With Ohale coming in, we should tame Kgatlana since there's no Solgado in the team this time.
Our strength will be a solid, balanced team. Our weakness is the right and left back positions. Oshoala finding her scoring book is also key.
If we play a solid 442 or even 352, we will best them very well.
Game changer will be the link between midfield and attack for us. We can use Ajibade there and deploy Toni Payne on the flank.

There's Solgado in the SA team. She's currently their rising star ...

The depth we have no team have it in the AWCON..

Talking about having Fullbacks, We have them
Michelle Alozie isn't a natural Right Back but she gets better with every game she plays..

Again Nicole Payne is an excellent and the fastest full back in the team going forward and back, her only problem right now is her final deliveries( Decision Making) after overlapping. Use the first game against Canada as a case study, she had the chance from her flank down to the Canadian box18 but her final pass was off, if she can work on this I bet she would be a superb full back as she's good playing Left/Right. Her mentor is Alexander Alnord and Lucy Bronze and she plays similarly like them..

As for Glory Ogbonna, I will say she's the weakest link among the full backs..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:46am On Jun 27, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

There's Solgado in the SA team. She's currently their rising star ...

The depth we have no team have it in the AWCON..

Talking about having Fullbacks, We have them
Michelle Alozie isn't a natural Right Back but she gets better with every game she plays..

Again Nicole Payne is an excellent and the fastest full back in the team going forward and back, her only problem right now is her final deliveries( Decision Making) after overlapping. Use the first game against Canada as a case study, she had the chance from her flank down to the Canadian box18 but her final pass was off, if she can work on this I bet she would be a superb full back as she's good playing Left/Right. Her mentor is Alexander Alnord and Lucy Bronze and she plays similarly like them..

As for Glory Ogbonna, I will say she's the weakest link among the full backs..
I thought Solgado is injured and not going to Morocco.
I like this Nigerian team very much for the nice blend of youth and experience.
Will you go with 442 or 352 considering that SA will target our full backs or try to draw Onome or Ohale out? I'll like to have Ayinde start as the holding DM.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2022
olapluto:

I thought Solgado is injured and not going to Morocco.
I like this Nigerian team very much for the nice blend of youth and experience.
Will you go with 442 or 352 considering that SA will target our full backs or try to draw Onome or Ohale out? I'll like to have Ayinde start as the holding DM.

I will prefer they continue with 4-3-3 or the 3-5-2 Considering the Caliber of Center Backs we have, playing Onome in-between Ohale and Plumptre..

Again There's no need playing Ayinde as DM when you already have the Combative duo of Ucheibe and Otu, either of them can do the job very well... Ayinde will have to remain in Central Midfield position where she can easily operate as a double pivotal Midfielder playing Box-to-Box allowing whosoever that is playing the AM have more freedom to do her job..
With the 3-5-2, Tony Payne and Alozie will also benefit well as Wing Backs...
Upfront should have Oshoala and Onumonu with the rest coming in as Substitutes...But this might reduce our attacking threat upfront...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:57am On Jun 27, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Upfront should have Oshoala and Onumonu with the rest coming in as Substitutes...But this might reduce our attacking threat upfront...

If Asisat is going to start (and I believe she will), I'll prefer a 4-3-3 formation. It may be difficult switching her to a supporting role offensively especially since she's functions a little differently as the top striker in Barcelona. A third person with them should balance this out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.