Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? (1215 Views)

Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God / Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / The Word Of God Is Powerful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by Abdulgaffar22: 3:57am On Oct 11, 2016
What is written in Surah 6:115 is "NONE CAN CHANGE HIS WORD (La mubaddilalikalimatihi)" not "NOTHING SHALL ABROGATE HIS WORD". Please don't ever think that Quran is like Bible whose the original language is not within the reach of the general Christians. As Muslims we possessed the Quran written in its original language. Nobody is free to translate anything according to his taste. Therefore, there is no any contradiction between Surah 6:115 and Surah 2:106. The former is talking about the protection of Quran from corruption in the hands of the false scribe and the latter is talking about substituting some divine temporary commands revealed for specific situations and purposes with newer ones. This is known as abrogation in Islamic law. The laws governing the mankind changes according to the needs of the society but the concept of oneness of God remain the same. This concept of abrogating one specific law for another is not only found in the Quran. It is also present in the Bible. Some few examples are as follows: Abraham married his half sister (Genesis 20:11-12). Later, such kind of marriage was abrogated and the one who practices it is cursed( Deuteronomy 27:22). Again, People were allowed to practice divorce and divorcee was allowed to marry another person (Deuteronomy 24:1-2). But this ruling was later abrogated by Matthew 19:9. Similarly,in Leviticus 20:21, a man cannot marry his brother' s wife.But this ruling was later abrogated by Deuteronomy 25:5 which permits the brother of the deceased husband to marry his widow. Furthermore, pork meat is clearly forbidden as unclean in Leviticus 11:7-8 but according to the New testament writers, Jesus abrogated this verse when he said:"Don't you see that NOTHING that enters a man from the outside can make him unclean? For it does not go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body" In saying this, Jesus declared all foods and meats clean. Finally, Jesus and his disciples were not allowed to preach to the Gentiles ( Matthew 15:24, Matthew 10:5-6) but according to the NT writers, these verses were later abrogated by Matthew 28:19, where disciples were commanded to preach to all the nations. Now if Christians insist and proclaim that Quran could not have been the word of God because it contains some abrogated verses, then can they level similar allegation to their own Bible since it also contains some abrogated verses? To proclaim that Quran is not word of God create more problems than it solves. The reason is that unlike Bible, Qur'an speaks in the name of God. That is, the divine formular "BISMILLAHI AR-RAHMAN AR-RAHIM" translated as "IN THE NAME OF GOD, THE MOST GRACIOUS, THE MOST MERCIFUL" is inserted at the beginning of its chapters. Yet Deuteronomy 18:20 declare as follows; "But the prophet which shall presume to speak a word IN MY NAME which I have not commanded him to speak or that shall speak in the NAME of other gods, even THAT PROPHET SHALL DIE" See how God still remember to put " In the name of other gods" in case we have some people who Will insist that "Allah" is not a corresponding name for "God" in Arabic language. Obviously, this verse established that any false prophet who speak falsely in the name of God would meet his untimely death. But since it is a well-known fact that Muhammad(pbuh) spent additional 23 years after his claim as a prophet of God, majority of the Christian scholars now insist that the phrase " THAT PROPHET SHALL DIE" at the end of the verse cited above means "spiritual death" and not "untimely physical death". However, to prove that Christian scholars were wrong in their subjective interpretation, God Almighty allow the practical implication of this very verse to be realized in the life of Hananiah, the false prophet. Hananiah was a false prophet who prophesied fasely in the name of God during the time of prophet Jeremiah; "Then the prophet Jeremiah said to Hananiah the prophet, listen Hananiah! The LORD HAS NOT SENT YOU, yet you have persuaded this nation to trust in lies. Therefore, this is what the LORD says: I am about to remove you from the face of the earth. This very year you are going to die, because you have preached rebellion against the LORD. IN THE SEVENTH MONTH OF THAT SAME YEAR, HANANIAH THE PROPHET DIED (Jeremiah 28:15-17). You can see that Hananiah the false prophet met his untimely physical death just as God foretold in Deuteronomy 18:20. The most amazing fact is that the same acid test was put forward by God in the Qur'an to establish the true prophethood of Muhammad (pbuh). In the Quran, God says: " This is a revelation sent down from the Lord of the worlds. And if he( Muhammad pbuh) had forged a false saying in OUR NAME, WE SURELY should have seized him by his right hand. And then CERTAINLY should have CUT OFF his life artery (Surah 69:43-44). But despite all these challenging verses and many battles he fought with the idol worshippers in Mecca which would have been a very great opportunity for God to CUT OFF his life artery using the sword in the hand of his enemy, yet prophet Muhammad's life was still spared by God for good 23 years. But Hananiah the false prophet was not even allowed to live for a year before God removed him from the face of the earth. After all these analyses, to proclaim that Quran is not the word of God is NOT ONLY A BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE MAJESTY OF GOD BUT ALSO AN INSULT TO THE PRECIOUS INTELLIGENCE OF MAN!!!

1 Like

Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by annunaki2(m): 5:44am On Oct 11, 2016
The quoran was never the word of God in the first instance but the hallucinations of a seventh century barbarian.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by true2god: 7:22am On Oct 11, 2016
annunaki2:
The quoran was never the word of God in the first instance but the hallucinations of a seventh century barbarian.
How can allahh call the Christians and the Jews 'the worst of creatures' (evil Koran 98:6) and call muzlimes the 'best of mankind' (evil koran 3:110-111) and remain the word of a sane god? allahh is surely insane for calling me a bad name because of the fact that I reject him and his pedofile profiteer Mohammed.

3 Likes

Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:17am On Oct 11, 2016
another one
Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by true2god: 8:39am On Oct 11, 2016
Abdulgaffar22:
The most amazing fact is that the same acid
test was put forward by God in the Qur'an to establish the true prophethood
of Muhammad (pbuh). In the Quran, God says: " This is a revelation sent
down from the Lord of the worlds. And if he( Muhammad pbuh) had forged a
false saying in OUR NAME, WE SURELY should have seized him by his right
hand. And then CERTAINLY should have CUT OFF his life artery (Surah
69:43-44). But despite all these challenging verses and many battles he
fought with the idol worshippers in Mecca which would have been a very
great opportunity for God to CUT OFF his life artery using the sword in the
hand of his enemy, yet prophet Muhammad's life was still spared by God for
good 23!
Narrated Ibn Abbas: 'Umar bin Al-Khattab used to let Ibn Abbas sit beside him, so 'AbdurRahman bin 'Auf said to 'Umar, "We have sons similar to him." 'Umar replied, "(I respect him) because of his status that you know." 'Umar then asked Ibn 'Abbas about the meaning of this Holy Verse:-- "When comes the help of Allah and the conquest of Mecca . . ." (110.1)
Ibn 'Abbas replied, "That indicated the death of Allah's Apostle which Allah informed him of." 'Umar said, "I do not understand of it except what you understand."
Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet in his ailment in which he died, used to say, "O 'Aisha! I still feel the pain caused by the food I ate at Khaibar, and at this time, I feel as if my aorta is being cut from that poison ."
Sahih Bukhari 5:59:713.

Narrated 'Aisha: "When the Prophet became seriously ill and his disease became aggravated he asked for permission from his wives to be nursed in my house and he was allowed. He came out with the help of two men and his legs were dragging on the ground. He was between Al-Abbas and another man." 'Ubaid Ullah said, "I told Ibn 'Abbas what 'Aisha had narrated and he said, 'Do you know who was the (second) man whose name 'Aisha did not mention'" I said, 'No.' Ibn 'Abbas said, 'He was 'Ali Ibn Abi Talib.' "
Sahih Bukhari 1:11:634

Narrated Anas bin Malik: A Jewess brought a poisoned (cooked) sheep for the Prophet who ate from it. She was brought to the Prophet and he was asked, "Shall we kill her?" He said, "No." I continued to see the effect of the poison on the palate of the mouth of Allah's Apostle .
Sahih Bukhari 3:47:786.

Narrated 'Aisha and Ibn 'Abbas: On his death-bed Allah's Apostle put a sheet over his-face and when he felt hot, he would remove it from his face. When in that state (of putting and removing the sheet) he said, "May Allah's Curse be on the Jews and the Christians for they build places of worship at the graves of their prophets." (By that) he intended to warn (the Muslim) from what they (i.e. Jews and Christians) had done.
Sahih Bukhari 4:56:660.

From your own source documents, it was 100% proven that your prophet was a real fake. The Quran spelt out the punishment for Mohammed and your hadith confirmed it. Mohammed aorta or artery was finally cut off or severed in fulfilment of what he said in the Quran. This alone made him fake because there is no prophet, in the Bible, that died of food poisoning. Elijah ate poison but it did not have any effect on him. Apostle paul was bitten by snake and it had no effect on him, why did Mohammed die of food poisoning and his aorta destroyed?

2 Likes

Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by malvisguy212: 9:23am On Oct 11, 2016
Why is the abrogated verses still exist in the quran ? Surah 2:106 say :

“None of Our revelations do We abrogate
or cause to be forgotten, but We
substitute something BETTER OR SIMILAR:
Knowest thou not that God Hath power over
all things?” (Yusuf Ali)

Why replace one verse with another if they are
similar. If the Quran is the Word of God, should it not be perfect from the start? How can one perfect verse be BETTER than another perfect verse?

3 Likes

Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by Blackfire(m): 11:55am On Oct 11, 2016
face Jerusalem today... no no face kabbah in makkah.. those Jews and Christians didn't accept me.

all of u can marry 4 wives... but me as al Hassan.. I can marry as many as I want.

a woman is worth half of a man in the shariah court.

let's I forget, our prophet invented chewing stick .

2 Likes

Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2016
Abdulgaffar22, abrogation is no different from interpolations and substitutions. Since you see such changes as invalidating the bible, then it is the same with the Qur'an. And abrogation is not a concept but a fact. If Allah had indeed kept the Qur'an from corruption, then why is there need to abrogate a verse since the Qur'an is supposedly perfect and why are Suras totally foreign to today's Qur'an being quoted in certain hadiths?

3 Likes

Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by annunaki2(m): 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
Blackfire:
face Jerusalem today... no no face kabbah in makkah.. those Jews and Christians didn't accept me.

all of u can marry 4 wives... but me as al Hassan.. I can marry as many as I want.

BLACKFIRE!!! gringringrin
Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by true2god: 2:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
Where is Abdulgaffar22?
Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by annunaki2(m): 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
true2god:
Where is Abdulgaffar22?

He as beaten a shameful retreat. grin
Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by Anas09: 8:29pm On Oct 11, 2016
These Muslims enh?
Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by true2god: 4:54am On Oct 12, 2016
annunaki2:

He as beaten a shameful retreat. grin
Do you have abdulgaffar22's contact? I need him ask him some Islamic questions but he seems to have ran away in shame with the way his pedofile prophet died. The acid test he wanted to use to validate the prophethood of his dear prophet seems to have backfired.
Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by BetaThings: 5:43am On Oct 15, 2016
true2god:
How can allahh call the Christians and the Jews 'the worst of creatures' (evil Koran 98:6) and call muzlimes the 'best of mankind' (evil koran 3:110-111) and remain the word of a sane god? allahh is surely insane for calling me a bad name because of the fact that I reject him and his pedofile profiteer Mohammed.

How can a MERCIFUL "God" have His own child (Jesus) murdered
for the sin of another person (Adam)

Was "God" not able to forgive?
Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by BetaThings: 5:45am On Oct 15, 2016
Blackfire:

Can a woman speak in Church? Show me the relevant verse of the Bible
Can a woman rule over men? Please show the verse of the Bible

annunaki2:

BLACKFIRE!!! gringringrin

and the New and Old Testaments are from "God"?
Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by BetaThings: 7:04am On Oct 15, 2016
true2god:

From your own source documents, it was 100% proven that your prophet was a real fake. The Quran spelt out the punishment for Mohammed and your hadith confirmed it. Mohammed aorta or artery was finally cut off or severed in fulfilment of what he said in the Quran. This alone made him fake because there is no prophet, in the Bible, that died of food poisoning. Elijah ate poison but it did not have any effect on him. Apostle paul was bitten by snake and it had no effect on him, why did Mohammed die of food poisoning and his aorta destroyed?

How John die? And what for?
How Jesus die? and what for? What was his crime?
Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by true2god: 7:42am On Oct 15, 2016
BetaThings:

How can a MERCIFUL "God" have His own child (Jesus) murdered
for the sin of another person (Adam)

Was "God" not able to forgive?
So your allahh and Hillary Clinton, who called millions of Americans 'the deplorables and the irredeemables' because the don't want to vote for her, are now operating on the same level. As I have said earlier, allahh is just Mohammed's working tool to manipulate the ignorant Arabs into submission to his selfish desires. Even Aisha, his 6-yr old 'wife' attested to Mohammed's criminal behaviors in the name of allahh.

You are smarter than believing the lies of the pedofile Mohammed.

2 Likes

Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by Oponel1962: 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
Keep religion to yourself.
Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by enilove(m): 1:38am On Mar 01, 2018
BetaThings:

How John die? And what for?
How Jesus die? and what for? What was his crime?

They died for the truth and not for a lie like the below :

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 616:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "(The Prophet) Moses was a shy person and used to cover his body completely because of his extensive shyness. One of the children of Israel hurt him by saying, 'He covers his body in this way only because of some defect in his skin, either leprosy or scrotal hernia, or he has some other defect.' Allah wished to clear Moses of what they said about him, so one day while Moses was in seclusion, he took off his clothes and put them on a stone and started taking a bath. When he had finished the bath, he moved towards his clothes so as to take them, but the stone took his clothes and fled; Moses picked up his stick and ran after the stone saying, 'O stone! Give me my garment!' Till he reached a group of Bani Israel who saw him naked then, and found him the best of what Allah had created, and Allah cleared him of what they had accused him of. The stone stopped there and Moses took and put his garment on and started hitting the stone with his stick. By Allah, the stone still has some traces of the hitting, three, four or five marks. This was what Allah refers to in His Saying:-- "O you who believe! Be you not like those Who annoyed Moses, But Allah proved his innocence of that which they alleged, And he was honorable In Allah's Sight." (33.69)

I really don't see why Arabian Muslims believed this kind of story and the teller. This was why they could accept a person like Muhammed as a prophet.
Re: Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? by true2god: 6:18am On Mar 01, 2018
enilove:

They died for the truth and not for a lie like the below :

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 616:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "(The Prophet) Moses was a shy person and used to cover his body completely because of his extensive shyness. One of the children of Israel hurt him by saying, 'He covers his body in this way only because of some defect in his skin, either leprosy or scrotal hernia, or he has some other defect.' Allah wished to clear Moses of what they said about him, so one day while Moses was in seclusion, he took off his clothes and put them on a stone and started taking a bath. When he had finished the bath, he moved towards his clothes so as to take them, but the stone took his clothes and fled; Moses picked up his stick and ran after the stone saying, 'O stone! Give me my garment!' Till he reached a group of Bani Israel who saw him naked then, and found him the best of what Allah had created, and Allah cleared him of what they had accused him of. The stone stopped there and Moses took and put his garment on and started hitting the stone with his stick. By Allah, the stone still has some traces of the hitting, three, four or five marks. This was what Allah refers to in His Saying:-- "O you who believe! Be you not like those Who annoyed Moses, But Allah proved his innocence of that which they alleged, And he was honorable In Allah's Sight." (33.69)

I really don't see why Arabian Muslims believed this kind of story and the teller. This was why they could accept a person like Muhammed as a prophet.

This Mohammed's moses story just reminded me of one of the tales my grandmother used to tell us, when we were kids, of how the tortoise defeated the elephant In those days we used to believe all these tales hooks, line and sinkers (as little kids). Now as adults, we have seen that it's all fairytale. 90% of stories in the hadith are all fairytale and adult Muslims, in their mosques, still believe they are true. Below is one of them;

Sahih bukhari:
Volume 5, Book 58, Number 188:
Narrated ‘Amru bin Maimun: “During the pre-lslamic period of ignorance I saw a she-monkey surrounded by a number of monkeys. They were all stoning it, because it had committed illegal sexual intercourse. I too, stoned it along with them.”

This is also one of the most hilarious Islamic stories found in the most trusted hadith of sahih bukhari.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Girlfriend Did A Blood Oath With Her Ex / Naked Mermaid With Webbed Toes Found Near Lake / Price For Anointing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.