Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,141 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Nigeria Police Force "website" - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigeria Police Force "website" (7644 Views)

Nigeria Police Force Website / I Started Webdesign And Brute Force Hacking Since I Was 14 / Naijacyberhactivists Shuts Down Nigeria Police Force Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Police Force "website" by yawatide(f): 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2009
You might want to grab some headphones while you are at it. 

http://www.police.gov.ng/

Upon all the bribe they get on the streets, this is all they can boast of. Tufia!!

Anyone want to bet the original bid winner got millions then outsourced it for 10 or 20K?  tongue
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by remoranger(m): 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2009
well, tongue
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by onimisi: 9:28am On Oct 20, 2009
Hmm, A web page that perform nothing. Shit happens,
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by KanuChris: 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2009
That website is an epitome of digital primitivity, after-all what's good about NPF? Well, it's still another big-blow for web-developers in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by ohisng(m): 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2009
A disgusting website. Whoever designed this site needs to go to JAIL!!!!
Fucking LOUD sound
Dull colors
Red color for text on a blue background?
This is IRRITATING, DUMB, TASTELESS and STUPID
Just like our police!!!!
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by Shola2009(m): 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2009
Jesus wept! cry
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by newbride: 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2009
NIGERIANS

when are we ever going to appreciate anything we do
why must we complainabout the slightest thing
you may think th ewebsite does nothing but i think posting details of stolen cars on the net is a great step for the future

habaaa, learn to appreciate what we have
if we keep complaining like this we will never move forward
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by vicade(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2009
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  grin

The worst website i have ever ever seen . The website is simply Terrible just like those it is supposed to represent
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by buffead(f): 1:52pm On Oct 20, 2009
vicade:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin

The worst website i have ever ever seen . The website is simply Terrible just like those it is supposed to represent

abegggg sharapppp jor at least dere is a website , go do ur own bad bele !! if we no get websiste dem go make noise . dem get website dey still complain , da colour background dis dat , wat not , who cares ,
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by MrCrackles(m): 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2009
Disgraceful . . . . If the point of having a website is that rubbish up there, then i will rather invent a spider-site!
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by saydfact(m): 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2009
@poster, u most be out of ur mind., does that look like the nigerian police website? its just anoda company selling and buying vehicles, lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by vicade(m): 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2009
buffead:

abegggg sharapppp jor at least dere is a website ,  go do your own bad bele !! if we no get websiste dem go make noise . dem get website dey still complain ,  da colour background dis dat ,  wat not ,  who cares ,  

why u dey vex?

http://www.ghanapolice.info/main.htm

That is the link to the ghanian police website and even though some links are not working it is far better and richer with content.

I can bet you that the nigerian police website might have been designed for between 10-20 million naira on paper and that is what makes it extra terrible.

Probably the worst most expensive website on the internet today in terms of style and content and every other thing
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by Nezan(m): 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2009
This is 9ja police for you.
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by saydfact(m): 2:15pm On Oct 20, 2009
vicade:

why u dey vex?

http://www.ghanapolice.info/main.htm

That is the link to the ghanian police website and even though some links are not working it is far better and richer with content.

y u dey compare primary 6 pikin to year 2 student for university, tak ur time oh. , lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by LFJ: 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2009
I am surprise that some people do not see anything wrong with this web site. What is the reason for a police site without contact address, no single phone number talk less of emergency number, no e-mail address. Shame on our leaders and coward followers
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by neatact: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2009
lets be realistic its sad, not talk of the vast amount that would have been spent,
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by soloqy: 2:27pm On Oct 20, 2009
And why are they talking about only stolen vehicles on that site as if thats the only crime they fight? embarassed
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by nethacker(m): 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2009
na only cars i dey see for here oooo grin grin
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by Hanonymous: 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2009
Am yet to come to terms that the website is actually hosted by the NPF. Am suspecting foul play somewhere. I'll rather they do not have any than to come up with this.
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by quadrillio(m): 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2009
To be sincere with am not disappointed,

It's only you people that were expecting much got disappointed.

My problem is not d amount they collected for all this project. my problem is d quality of job they give after collecting all d millions.

I knew when they wanted it but never knew when it's was done.
I don't  want to say much.
d last thing I want now is a police wahala.

SAFE
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by shevalync: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2009
No good thing can come out of Nigeria police.
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by yawatide(f): 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2009
Who would have thought that my innocent, lowly post would find its way to the home page of NL? tongue

This post is not a case of bad belle. Let's get that straight up front. Most likely, those saying this are not in web dev and so what they see is "police follow get website" as opposed to appreciating good work.

IMHO, they are better off without a website. Even though Ghana's isn't good either and could be better, it is more pleasing to the eye than Nigeria's and let's not forget - for those who are old enough, there was a time that Ghana was the laughing stock of west africa though now, we as Nigerians are sending our kids to get schooled there (I digress, sorry grin).

Nigeria, based on those I have met on the webmaster board, has a large pool of *exceptional* talent who could have given the NPF the site it deserves. Unfortunately, do to a combo of cronyism and lack of encouragement/appreciation on the client's part, all we get is crap like this. Unless, like most things Nigerian, we have been conditioned to accept bad/mediocre work and to be surprised when "something good comes out of Nazareth", you have no reason to say we should accept what is there. IT IS TERRIBLE!
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by djpalapala(m): 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2009
We all know that things rarely work in Nigeria, but to the poster, are you aware of this website for the Nigerian Police, www.nigeriapolice.org? Its actually really a nice site if you take time to check it out. That site you posted maybe fraudulent or just for stolen car report as the name of the site implies.
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by PurestBoy(m): 6:00pm On Oct 20, 2009
Seems some police are trying to sell off some cars
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by calyx: 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2009
I was going to say something until I saw Ghana's Police website. Am just. . . embarassed
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by djpalapala(m): 6:08pm On Oct 20, 2009
@ Yawa-ti-de,

Can you just pause for a while and check out the official website of the Nigerian Police. It will give you a better perspective of things. www.nigeriapolice.org
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by Shola2009(m): 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2009
im sure they gave them enough to contract a profession,but they chopped the money! ordinary website!! useless vagabons!!
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by mrperfect(m): 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2009
The good news is that project was given to somebody who must be enjoying his money now.
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by Pharoh: 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2009
@poster that website is for the department for stolen vehicles and does not represent the true website of our respected police force. cool I even doubt if that website was built by them so here are our police force websites.

http://www.nigeriapolice.org/

http://www.psc.gov.ng/

http://www.npf.gov.ng/
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by Shola2009(m): 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2009
^^ thanks for the info.
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by r231(m): 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2009
Pharoh:

@poster that website is for the department for stolen vehicles and does not represent the true website of our respected police force. cool I even doubt if that website was built by them so here are our police force websites.

http://www.nigeriapolice.org/

http://www.psc.gov.ng/

http://www.npf.gov.ng/

dats more like it
nice 1
Re: Nigeria Police Force "website" by yawatide(f): 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2009
Granted I am not saying I know the official website, I am sure you all will understand when I say that I can't just take anyone's word for it what the true website is.

Assuming my url is wrong, then the police of all people are not doing a good job of monitoring the 419 sites out there and bringing the owners to justice. If they can't enforce the integrity of their own website, then what kind of force are they? This opens up yet another question which should belong to another thread.

I guess someone needs to report something to the EFCC (it won't be me tongue)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Considered Quitting Social Media? / Don't Buy Adsense Accounts From Mikketech- He Defrauded Me Of N120,000 / Share Your SEO Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.