Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,957 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

TIME Humility And You - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / TIME Humility And You (528 Views)

Justice, Mercy, Humility. / True Humility. / "Humility Is No Longer Just A Virtue But A Strategy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TIME Humility And You by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
What can we really control about time? Why do we feel we have so much control?

We procrastinate so many things in our life as if we have total control.. funny isn't it?

My dad passed away this morning and all the emotions i feel have done nothing but make me think, all the time i had to get close to him and i never did give him the chance telling myself that theres always time.

He and i always had a strained relationship, but as he got older he started actually reaching out and i always resisted, i felt it was my right to make him feel guilt for not being a better dad.

As i stared at his greyed lips today and his pale skin cold as ice it felt like a million daggers shredded my heart all at once.

I feel tired exhausted and weak.
As i took his face in my palms my hands were shaking and i was broken inside.

Last we spoke he told me to please come to him for any advise i needed and again i took this for granted.. i assumed i knew all he had to teach, as usual i was non challant about it.

Now my chest feels so heavy and i wonder all the things we could have done together, all the father son talks we could have shared if only i had humbled myself and just made out time.

Now i will never get the chance to say I LOVE YOU DAD... something i have never said to him.. He wont ever see me get married or ever see me be a father..

wow this reality is dawning on me more and more. For some reason i cant seem to stop my eyes from leaking water i wonder why? cry

Learn from this, go home kiss your mum and dad, kiss your wife and Kids, hug your girls friend or aunt..

Forgive that person who hurt you, because trust me when they are gone you would wish you had forgiven them.

There's no time like the present to show love... forget how bad that persons tribe is and focus on the good things about them, forget how annoying that religion is and focus on the good things about it.

Trust me there's some good to be found in everything if only you look hard enough.

Make peace not war

Dedicated to my dad

Wish we had spent more time together, all the same thanks for an awesome childhood.

Rest In Peace Pops

Be strong everyone says..but even Superman weeps sometimes cry

cc; Lalasticlala,mynd44

1 Share

Re: TIME Humility And You by Kenshinmunac(m): 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
cry eyah. Brother I'm really sorry. Read your write up was touching. Learnt something from it.

Rip to your dad cry

(1) (Reply)

Cash Loan / Abia: We Planned To Murder Our ‘friend’ After Final Exam – Suspects / kk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.