Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Help! My Computer Connection Says ''limited Access'' - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! My Computer Connection Says ''limited Access'' (1231 Views)

RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers / Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? / Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Computer Connection Says ''limited Access'' by sirOrubebe: 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2016
Please guys I need help here.

I bought a Modem that's a Wifi dongle and after the whole set up on my PC, I launched my browsers. But I was unable to open any page.

On closely checking the connectivity of the PC I discovered that while it was 'connected' there was something else written: ''Limited access''. And I'm made to understand that's the reason I can't browse.

I also tried using the Wifi connection via phone, with the same ish.

I have taken the computer to 'technicians' and they couldn't resolve it. Please I'd highly appreciate the help of anyone who has a knowledge of what I can do next.

Thanks
Re: Help! My Computer Connection Says ''limited Access'' by Lexusgs430: 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
sirOrubebe:
Please guys I need help here.

I bought a Modem that's a Wifi dongle and after the whole set up on my PC, I launched my browsers. But I was unable to open any page.

On closely checking the connectivity of the PC I discovered that while it was 'connected' there was something else written: ''Limited access''. And I'm made to understand that's the reason I can't browse.

I also tried using the Wifi connection via phone, with the same ish.

I have taken the computer to 'technicians' and they couldn't resolve it. Please I'd highly appreciate the help of anyone who has a knowledge of what I can do next.

Thanks

Have you right clicked the wifi icon and troubleshoot it?

OR

Tweak your Ipv6 & Ipv4 settings?

OR

Change IP settings to auto selection?
Re: Help! My Computer Connection Says ''limited Access'' by sirOrubebe: 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Have you right clicked the wifi icon and troubleshoot it?

OR

Tweak your Ipv6 & Ipv4 settings?

OR

Change IP settings to auto selection?
Thanks bro.

The trouble shoot option isn't working.

Please where can I change the Ipv6 and Ipv6 settings from? And what should I change it to?
Re: Help! My Computer Connection Says ''limited Access'' by mohemos: 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
I've encounter this error many times, no need to do anything on your system because nothing is wrong with it, the problem is your internet device (Modem), since is a Wi-Fi, try connect another device like phone or another system to it and see if it will work.
Re: Help! My Computer Connection Says ''limited Access'' by Lexusgs430: 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
sirOrubebe:
Thanks bro.

The trouble shoot option isn't working.

Please where can I change the Ipv6 and Ipv6 settings from? And what should I change it to?

Try this..........

1 Like

Re: Help! My Computer Connection Says ''limited Access'' by sirOrubebe: 8:50am On Oct 12, 2016
mohemos:
I've encounter this error many times, no need to do anything on your system because nothing is wrong with it, the problem is your internet device (Modem), since is a Wi-Fi, try connect another device like phone or another system to it and see if it will work.
I have already done that and it didn't work. Connecting a phone, that is.
Re: Help! My Computer Connection Says ''limited Access'' by sirOrubebe: 8:52am On Oct 12, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Try this..........
thansk a lot. I'll try it now...
Re: Help! My Computer Connection Says ''limited Access'' by mohemos: 8:56pm On Oct 13, 2016
The problem is with your modem not computer

(1) (Reply)

Super Deal (5 In 1 Combo Heat Press Machine)t-shirt/mug/ Cap/plate / HP Envy 15 Beatbydre Edition With 4gb GTX Nvidia Dedicated Graphics 16gb RAM / Lenovo T440s Core I5 With Keyboard Light @ 75k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.