Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Paulownia - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Paulownia (3110 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paulownia by oriaburefarms: 11:49am On Oct 12, 2016
Good morning everybody
We the oriaburefarms would like to announce to the NL community about the most valued plant in our Nursery, paulownia also known as the princess tree.

Paulownia is called in many ways, some call it the miraculous tree. And every of it's part is useful. From the leaves to the root, and most importantly it's ranked as one of the most fast growing plants in the planet.

After 5years it can be harvested for it's high quality timber and no need to replant because shots grow from the cut trunk. So in 15 years it can be harvested 3 times. Not to talk about the huge market

It's used for reforestation and erosion control

Used in gardens. It become beautiful shade tree in few years and their purple flowers are stunning.

It's used also in the apiculture sector.

Sincerely we don't want to convince you. Do your research and come back here and ask any question

We are now selling. We can supply as many as you want

2 Likes

Re: Paulownia by oriaburefarms: 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
The use of paulownia in Japan dates from 200 AD. The tradition said that when a dauhgter was born in the family a paulownia had to be planted. Then when she married the tree was truncated and her wedding chest was made of it. It was also believed that if near home a paulownia was planted, the Phoenix shall come and bring luck.
Historically China is the largest producer of paulownia. The paulownia wood is used to make furniture, building structures, toys, plywood, musical instruments and for packaging.
In the 19th century paulownia enters the U.S. territory. Seeds of paulownia were used as a packaging material when transportin plates of fine porcelain through the Pacific ocean. After unpacking blown by the wind tiny seeds adapted to the Eastern states' environment.
From the seventies of the twentieth century Japan is no longer able to produce enough paulownia to satisfy the demand. The perfect appearance of the wood is highly appreciated there and in the most Japanese homes attends at least one thing or furniture made of paulownia. Japan is the biggest buyer of grow paulownia trees.
Just in China 1,2 billion of paulownia trees are planted.
In the Ninties of the past century paulownia plantations especially in the Mid and South States of America were made. Now these plantations are ready to timber light wood of high quality. Except induatrial growing up in order to timber, paulownia has a meaning as a honey plant. Paulownia blooms abundantly, the blossoms are rich in nectar and the honey from them – extremely qualitative.

The heavy flowering, the fast growing, the large (about 70 cm in diameter) leaves, the beautiful crown and the indifference of paulownia make it extremely suitable to be a park tree . The huge paulownia leaves function as a natural dust collector and the quick metabolism accompanying the rapid growth of the tree, makes it an oxygen factory.

For the same reason again that paulownia is a fast growing tree, the species of this genus are proper assistant in building wind – belts, recovery of burned forests and as plants fighting the erosion.

Planting of paulownia is extremely profitable! It is not in vain called " The Wonder - Tree" or "The Oil Well Tree". If you wish to grow paulownia industrially or you are engaged in the landscape architecture or just want to know more about this tree of wonder, its features and proper planting, then you are in the right place!

Oriaburefarms
Re: Paulownia by whirlwind7(m): 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
Was waiting to see pictures of this tree. Not just ones from the internet. Also the ones you havr planted for sale.
Re: Paulownia by oriaburefarms: 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
I'm not at home now..but i have some pics i took n 30th of settembre. I only have video of thier actual stage

Re: Paulownia by Razphils1986(m): 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
I really appreciate your efforts in enlighten us about hidden agribusiness... please kindly drop your contact or add me on whatapp lets talk. Much gratitude...
Re: Paulownia by oriaburefarms: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
Razphils1986:
I really appreciate your efforts in enlighten us about hidden agribusiness... please kindly drop your contact or add me on whatapp lets talk. Much gratitude...

I appreciate your common sense in understanding the value of this tree.

Oriaburefarms@yahoo.com
No 8 baba awori street, baruwa inside, ipaja

We'd like to inform the public that we are already taking orders.
We thank everyone for the support

ORIABUREFARMS LTD
Re: Paulownia by oriaburefarms: 7:59pm On Oct 18, 2016
This is what you call organization and sense of business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-MeSt6cgOA

Nigerians agriculture is not always about things you eat. We need to buit the forestry sector. Imagine that houses are springing up in every corner and we use wood for roofing. Trees are been chopped down for charcoal and to cook. For construction in general and also for export.
And we have the most deforestated land cry
Re: Paulownia by oriaburefarms: 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
For those following

Re: Paulownia by HeavenCrystal(f): 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2016
I was impressed with the farms. Kudos

1 Share

Re: Paulownia by oriaburefarms: 11:00am On Nov 03, 2016
HeavenCrystal:
I was impressed with the farms. Kudos

Thank you ma for the support. Hoping to do more business with you.
If you can, kindly document their growth and update
Re: Paulownia by oriaburefarms: 10:08am On Nov 06, 2016
Some pics

Re: Paulownia by oriaburefarms: 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2016
PLEASE FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AT

Oriabure farms limited
Re: Paulownia by whirlwind7(m): 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2016
A question, please.

What specie of Paulownia are you raising for sale? I did a search and saw several species
Re: Paulownia by oriaburefarms: 12:10am On Nov 07, 2016
Paulownia tomentosa
Re: Paulownia by mfm04622: 6:18am On Nov 07, 2016
Do you stock Paulownia Elongata?
Re: Paulownia by whirlwind7(m): 10:11am On Nov 07, 2016
oriaburefarms:
Paulownia tomentosa

Is this the specie that sprouts purple to pinkish flowers when in bloom?
Re: Paulownia by oriaburefarms: 10:43am On Nov 07, 2016
mfm04622:
Do you stock Paulownia Elongata?
No only paulownia tomentosa

whirlwind7:

Is this the specie that sprouts purple to pinkish flowers when in bloom?
Yes

I would like to invite you once again to visit our Facebook page, where we wont be uploading only pictures but also video.
Thanks for your support smiley

1 Like

Re: Paulownia by oriaburefarms: 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
Growing fast

Re: Paulownia by oriaburefarms: 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
A month after smiley smiley smiley

Re: Paulownia by mfm04622: 10:39am On May 27, 2017
Hello, can you help m get Paulownia Elongata? Why are you concentrating on Tomentosa? Elongata is the type you need to promote for those interested in turning it to planks for use in construction industry as it doesn't have branches
Re: Paulownia by mfm04622: 11:46am On May 27, 2017
Can you please compare Gmelina with Paulownia? Which grow faster? Which matures faster? Which is more in demand? Thank you

(1) (Reply)

THE MIRACLE OIL OF OUR ANCESTORS / Become A Wholesales Dealer In Kaduna Orange Market / How An Illiterate Farmer Makes Cool Money From Rabbit Urine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.