Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,983 members, 7,952,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:05 AM

What Is Really Stopping You From Kicking Off Your Idea/career? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is Really Stopping You From Kicking Off Your Idea/career? (361 Views)

Light Bulb Principle: How To Ignite Your Idea / Right Now A Career In Web Design & Development Is Really Paying / How To Kick Start Your Idea With Tony Elumelu Foundation Grant In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Really Stopping You From Kicking Off Your Idea/career? by Revamped(m): 8:27am On Oct 13, 2016
So you've got nice & awesome ideas, you constantly get inspired but you just can't get your head around why you haven't been able to start any one yet.

If it's not tied to any of these things listed below, then I don't know (I guess) Something seriously needs to change about you.

TECHNICAL RELATED: If your idea is actually tied down by things that can be explained described as 'technical' issues, that's very much explainable.

This could be, you, having problems running or getting something to just work properly in order for your idea or business to kick off.

Maybe you can't launch an app, software, or install a key hardware that needs to propel every other thing, one can relate with such problems easily, and it's totally understandable.

SOMEONE YOU HIRED ISN'T KEEPING THEIR END: This can be related to the first one. If you hired someone to help you carry out a task in order for you to successfully launch your dream or business, s/he took the money and ain't showing much of work-in progress, then it's totally explainable & it is not your fault at all. As long as you are working to sort things with whomever the freelancer is.

MONEY/FINANCE IS LIMITING OR TOTALLY INCAPACITATING YOU: Sure, we can absolutely relate with that - finance is very much needed to propel & pay for so many things, it enhances many things & acts as the fuel that starts almost every other process.

So if there is shortage of finance or no money at all to help you kick off your idea, then it is totally understandable if you tell someone why you haven't started yet.

other than these things, if there's any other thing I missed, please add them in the comments section

But please, I don't want to agree that time is your problem, you'll always find time no matter how little it is, to do the things that matters most in your life. So why is starting something even more profitable not forthcoming?

What Is Stopping You?
Most people have problem with Decision-making & Action than they really have with finance/money.

It's like gambling problem, you are so addicted that you're not even conscious it's a problem anymore..

Unlike procrastination, most people just don't realize why they abandon a project.

You'd likely, easily shower the whole blame on procrastination, 'but don't'

Procrastination is not your problem, you're your own problem. & you're the solution too.

Procrastination has always taken the blame in many people's failure, we fail to admit, I mean, to truly admit that we are our own problem sometimes. Procrastination doesn't have legs & hands, it doesn't walk into our lives itself, 'we invite it' we create it.

You either get rid of that mindset or you roll along & waste your entire life.
No one would ever help you wear your skin, switch lives with you, just to help you solve your problem, they can only give support to an extent - the rest lies with you.

So what exactly is stopping you?

Do you have decision problem? which is quite different from procrastination, really, but you might mistake them for each other.

The problem most times with not being able to make decisions & taking action is that you never even got close to attempting an idea, you only thought of it & probably tell a few friends about it, but the drive isn't just there to even implement a first stage.

Different from procrastination you most of the time create the framework, you sketch, you sometimes hit the road, but you stop & turn back, telling yourself you'll continue later - especially when you hit a roadblock, a big mighty obstacle.

Procrastination always looks for the easiest, 'no need to do the hard work' kinda way out. So when you see the work in it, you simply tell yourself "I'll do this later"

So what's really stopping you at this point?
You can't explain it either, can you?
No, I guess, you can't truly give a clear explanation to it, so when someone asks you

'oh Bob! how about that idea you shared with me the last time, have you done the mapping out?'

you say.........

nah!

And the person goes again to ask you

'but Bob why, what is the problem you're encountering?'

errr..... You won't really understand pal, it's quite complicated.

END OF CHAPTER. crazy end isn't it?

If you can't simply identify or explain what the problem is, then 90 percent chances are, you are your own problem.

You just need to rethink your whole life from scratch... Forget procrastination bullshit, forget playing blame game. Most people are so used to blaming the government for just about anything & everything, they blame the government for not implementing policies that are friendly. etc, etc...., but if you really want to do something, you'll always find a way.

So can you explain? What exactly is stopping you from starting?
Drop your comments below

If you want to Redefine Your Life & stay more focused, READ THIS http://turnerandrew..nl/2016/10/how-to-redefine-refine-your-life.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Enterprenuers Guide To Dealing With Disappointment- Chris Myers / Is There Any Reason To Embrace Sudden Change In Life? / Online Survey About Household Spending During Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.