Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,587 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1863 Views)

My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice / Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! / Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by boohema: 9:57am On Oct 13, 2016
Xyz
Re: . by 5minsmadness: 10:03am On Oct 13, 2016
boohema:

However this guy, I would say is the best man I av ever met in ma life. He has a good heart, hez God fearing, open minded and extremely caring. I love him so much but I think he loves me more. If only he wasn't younger or not ready to settle down. We are both done with school and all, he has very great prospects. Hez super intelligent with excellent academic records which I find very attractive in men.

Hmmm

So what you are saying is that he is just perfect. You find no flaw in the guy? Sorry, but this sounds like Infatuation/Fresh love syndrome to me.

Men dont change. He's not the issue.
However women change a lot after marriage. This one you're already having serious issues with his age, are u sure u can cope with that for the rest of your life? Its not the norm for women to marry men older than them, althoughit happens and some of them even live happiky ever after. But are you sure your temperament is that which can ignore or withstand the looks and remarks and challenges of the future? Do you get easily swayed by other people's opinions? In ten years time when he says he feels you look down on him because yoy are older, will you be able to handle it in a mature way without flying off the handle?

Think about it.

1 Like

Re: . by Janeyinspires(f): 10:21am On Oct 13, 2016
At 25 and people say there's no time on your side? People will never get tired of saying!
Stop getting worried or living your life based on what people say or think.The point should be if you are ready for marriage at 25.Marriage has got nothing to do with age but when one is ready-emotionally,financially and all that.

You are worried that your b/f is a year younger than you;that should not worry you.If you have no problem dating him,then find out how he feels about your one year gap..a year is not a big deal.

He is ambitious and has prospect,though presently he is not financially able.Give it time,he's going somewhere.

Both of you connect so well.Relationships/marriage is all about how you are connected to each other.He makes you happy;that's what every woman wants.Someone who makes them happy...Don't end up with someone who you are not connected to cos he asked to marry you.

The day is still young.Find your passion in life and follow it,build and develop yourself.Your happiness is in your hands.Don't let people's opinion sabotage your life.

5 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 13, 2016
You are 25. Even if you were 35, I wouldn't advise you to marry someone who is not right (e.g. cheater) or who you don't connect with. Why would you give up a beautiful relationship to get married to someone who will make your life miserable? Because society says so? How happy and successful are the people telling you that at 25 time is not on your side? Remember, misery loves company.

I won't tell you to wait for your boyfriend either because there is no guarantee that he will marry you eventually but I will tell you to enjoy the relationship and appreciate this man who is - as you say - perfect. You have more than millions married folks do. Do you know the number of married people who are enduring instead of enjoying their marriage because society told them that they must get married? Do you know the number of people who resent their spouses? No? Then read the threads on NL family section. grin undecided Also consider the rising divorce numbers.

Appreciate what you have instead of lamenting over what you don't. You are a lucky girl and it's a pity you don't see it.

7 Likes

Re: . by boohema: 11:41am On Oct 13, 2016
Thank you all for ur contributions!
Re: . by nnamdibig(m): 12:38pm On Oct 13, 2016
My dear, let me ask you, what will you do if the guy tells you that you are too old for him in may be 3-4yrs time?
You have to call a spade a spade, you just have to move ahead. It will be painful but that's the best for both of you. Not that I have not seen guys marry older ladies but it's one in many cases.
The guy loves you & you love him but like they say "love is not always enough". What if you get a job before him? Can you finance your marriage with him? Or can you really submit to him and be under his control?
As a sister, I will advice you look at other options and end the relationship.

3 Likes

Re: . by Osinitu(m): 1:46pm On Oct 13, 2016
In my own opinion, you should enjoy your present relationship. From your write up its obvious both of you love each other, When it comes to marriage, love isn't enough quite alright however, it's the foundation upon which every other thing is laid.

Don't get distracted or carried away by few 'unserious' guys coming your way or guys that are not your kind of person sort of.

At 25, you still have a little bit of time on your side give your current guy some time and watch his body language, see if he's ready to settle down say before you clock 28.

In relationship matters, never jump from known to unknown without the right justification, there might be disastrous implications.

I wish you the best.
Re: . by Richy4(m): 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
I used to think that being in a relationship means

<<< staying with some one that you like and someone you were compatible with, someone that makes you happy.. someone u can tolerate his or her nonsense...and when it results to marriage, fine, Good and awesome...

Maybe Africans has redefined marriage...Marriage is now called Age... A certain age u must marry... whether you like it or not even if you were miserable or not, EVEN when there are zero compatibility.....it doesn't matter as long as you are MRS.....when u go in there, you will grow to love him or her....even if he/her is a cheat, you will change him/her...

Maybe, you should pause a while and ask yourself... what do I want in all these?.... Do I really want this or am I dancing to the tone of the society or my peers...This life u are living is yours.. it is no one else...u do not have to come up one day and start regretting the mistake you made due to bad choice or decision.....You do not really have to compare yourself with A or B...the fact that A is married those not mean that the train carrying all the eligible Bachelors is leaving and you must join...and if you did not join the train, your life is practically over... Happiness should be your watch word not marriage..

But remember, I am not saying you must wait for him because reading between the line, you are not ready to wait...Do not ask me how I know... a good literature student that read your write up will know what I am talking about.... But u have to think about what you wanted not what people wanted you to do...

Oh!!!! On a lighter note, band of prayer warriors will be storming your thread very soon and demand you pray grin

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2016
Sounds like the "love" is still fresh. No one is flawless. Give him some months, you'll start seeing traits you can't tolerate. Trust me!

In the meantime, no one can give you any advice on YOUR relationship, except you and your partner.

1 Like

Re: . by boohema: 8:56pm On Oct 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: . by TV01(m): 9:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
...who's on duty here? And why is there a struggle with 101 stuff sad.

Boohema, this is relatively straight forward.

Are you right and ready for marriage? I see you nodding vigorously grin.
If you are, sImply tell your boo. After a year, you have the right to ascertain specifics.

Ask him if he will commit to marrying you. If he says no, walk.
If yes, then ask him when.

If it's too long walk, or tell him it's not acceptable.
You then tell him what is. If he agrees, fine, If not walk.

Ensure you are happy with the timeframe you specify or negotiate.

No regrets. All the best.

TV
Re: . by TV01(m): 9:28pm On Oct 13, 2016
grin
Re: . by Chubhie: 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2016
However this guy, I would say is the best man I av ever met in ma life. He has a good heart, hez God fearing, open minded and extremely caring. I love him so much but I think he loves me more. If only he wasn't younger or not ready to settle down. We are both done with school and all, he has very great prospects. Hez super intelligent with excellent academic records which I find very attractive in men.
Why is he not ready to settle down?No job?You love him and he loves you more? Why can't you guys sit down,detach emotions and plot the feasibility of you guys saying I do in the shortest time possible? There ought to be genuine disciplined commitment from the both of you.

If you guys really love each other,you guys should work together to outwit all obstacles as given.The decisions you make in regards marriage will determine how happy you lead the rest of your life. The realms must be consulted to make sure all things aligns perfectly.

Wishing you all the very best.

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Use Your Android Phones To Earn Cool Income Free Of Charge / It's Normal Now / Please Need Matured Advice: My Parents Are Too Demanding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.