Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? (4677 Views)

British Council of Nigeria Customer Service Officer Recruitment (₦452K Monthly) / Work For British High Commission As Programme Manager - Salary – N812,470 / Apply For British Council Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment (3 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by bigheadday: 10:57pm On Oct 13, 2016
Hello house, having successful registered for the IELTS exam, I'm having challenges as to how to make the payment in Benin city since I don't have their office location here in Benin city.
Kindly help me with information on how to go about this... Thanks house...
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by bigheadday: 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2016
Seems no one has an idea about it.. Thanks anyways..
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by EdoBoy90(m): 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
Google it[color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by Chuxchudi: 4:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
you generate bank draft at any Zenith bank branch and take to the closest British council to you
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by Ademat7(m): 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2016
Chuxchudi:
you generate bank draft at any Zenith bank branch and take to the closest British council to you
How much is the fee presently.
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by Tej2(m): 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
I think it is possible to pay for it online, the offline option takes away the need to physically visit their office. If you choose to pay for it offline, get a bank draft of any bank, pay in favor of the British Council.

I did mine in June, got my bank draft from Access Bank since I already had an account with them. I paid 52k for the exam at the time.

Hope you find this information helpful.
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by bigheadday: 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2016
Tej2:
I think it is possible to pay for it online, the offline option takes away the need to physically visit their office. If you choose to pay for it offline, get a bank draft of any bank, pay in favor of the British Council.

I did mine in June, got my bank draft from Access Bank since I already had an account with them. I paid 52k for the exam at the time.

Hope you find this information helpful.

If i pay in bank here in Benin city, how do I submit the bank draft? Thanks a million boss
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by Tej2(m): 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
If you do a bank draft, you would have to visit their office. If you pay online, you won't need to do a bank draft and you won't have to visit their office.
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by bigheadday: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2016
Tej2:
If you do a bank draft, you would have to visit their office. If you pay online, you won't need to do a bank draft and you won't have to visit their office.

Thanks @Tej2. But I don't think online payment is enabled. Any idea as to that? Thanks I really do appreciate your contributions
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by bigheadday: 10:33pm On Oct 14, 2016
Tej2:

Please find below what is written on their page.
Due to technical issues relating to online payment for IELTS test, we encourage candidates to pay offline for Standard IELTS, IELTS for UKVI and Life Skills test via bank draft raised in favour of British Council from any Nigerian bank.
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by Tej2(m): 11:30pm On Oct 14, 2016
bigheadday:

Please find below what is written on their page.
Due to technical issues relating to online payment for IELTS test, we encourage candidates to pay offline for Standard IELTS, IELTS for UKVI and Life Skills test via bank draft raised in favour of British Council from any Nigerian bank.

Oh okay. Then you would have to do a bank draft. And submit at the nearest British Council office around you. I know there's one in Lagos, I assume there'd be one in PH, and another in Abuja. Benin is in the middle of them all, you can just decide to visit any of them.
You could go to Lagos, submit, and get back to Benin that same day, as long as you leave really early.
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by bigheadday: 8:44am On Oct 15, 2016
Tej2:

Oh okay. Then you would have to do a bank draft. And submit at the nearest British Council office around you. I know there's one in Lagos, I assume there'd be one in PH, and another in Abuja. Benin is in the middle of them all, you can just decide to visit any of them.
You could go to Lagos, submit, and get back to Benin that same day, as long as you leave really early.

Thanks @Tej2.. Will try and get it done as requested. Cheers...
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by Tej2(m): 11:55am On Oct 15, 2016
bigheadday:

You are welcome. Good luck.
By the way, they also sell aids to help you study for the exam. As at the time I registered, they had two different ones. Each one was 4k. I don't remember the name of one I bought but I remember it had a red and white cover. It was really helpful.
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by Ademat7(m): 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2016
Tej2:

You are welcome. Good luck.
By the way, they also sell aids to help you study for the exam. As at the time I registered, they had two different ones. Each one was 4k. I don't remember the name of one I bought but I remember it had a red and white cover. It was really helpful.
I like ur input,can u share ur pre,during and result experience? Also other info about the exam.
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by Tej2(m): 5:30pm On Oct 15, 2016
Ademat7:

I like ur input,can u share ur pre,during and result experience? Also other info about the exam.

Gladly.
The test was in two phases. The speaking test held first, about a week later, the other three tests were conducted.

IELTS tests your speaking ability, listening ability, reading ability and finally, writing ability.

During the test, there are breaks in between sessions, you can use the restroom or basically catch a break.

You would be given a headset for the listening test. And writing materials for the rest.

You can only go into the hall with your writing materials and international passport.

The result would be ready for collection about 3 weeks after the test. Although using your data, you can check it online even before the hard copy is available.

It is very helpful to get the learning aids. It prepares you immensely for the test.

Good luck.
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by cc150615(f): 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2016
bigheadday:

After raising the bank draft, you don't have to physically visit their office; just make a photocopy of ur international passport, and put it in an envelope with your bank draft and send it to their ph office if they don't have an office in Benin (which I don't think they have) through dhl or ems, I'll recommend dhl tho since its faster, they'll confirm your registration as soon as they receive it.
As for preparation, download the edx app and register for the ielts training course there offered by university of Queensland or so, they don't only treat past questions there but they teach indepth on how to tackle the different parts of the test, and it's all free, offcos except for the data you use.
I hear roadtoielts.com is another good site for preparing.
Good luck!
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by Ademat7(m): 5:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
Tej2:

Gladly.
The test was in two phases. The speaking test held first, about a week later, the other three tests were conducted.

IELTS tests your speaking ability, listening ability, reading ability and finally, writing ability.

During the test, there are breaks in between sessions, you can use the restroom or basically catch a break.

You would be given a headset for the listening test. And writing materials for the rest.

You can only go into the hall with your writing materials and international passport.

The result would be ready for collection about 3 weeks after the test. Although using your data, you can check it online even before the hard copy is available.

It is very helpful to get the learning aids. It prepares you immensely for the test.

Good luck.
Wao,wonderful write up; can I share on Facebook
Re: How Can I Pay For British Council IELTS Exam Fee In Benin City? by Tej2(m): 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
Ademat7:
Wao,wonderful write up; can I share on Facebook
Sure you can. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Nestle Food Distributor / Vacancy For Female: A Self-Employment Role In Small Outlet / SPAR Recruitment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.