Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

All Naira Debit Card Has Been Suspended From Operations World-wide - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / All Naira Debit Card Has Been Suspended From Operations World-wide (1426 Views)

How Much Where You Charged On You Naira Debit Card Today For Online Payment? / Where Can I Buy Bitcoin Online Instantly With Naira Debit Card / Updates On Naira Debit Cards Limit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Naira Debit Card Has Been Suspended From Operations World-wide by kfreak(m): 1:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
Due to current volatility in foreign exchange market, please be informed that international transactions on your naira denominated debit card will be temporarily disabled effective OCTOBER 13, 2016. As an alternative , every nigerian abroad is adviced to get a foreign currency debit card available in USD, GBP and EURO.
students are largely affected due to the clamp down on banks.

Re: All Naira Debit Card Has Been Suspended From Operations World-wide by iykepromotions: 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2016
you may not be right. Have you tried GtBank cards?
Re: All Naira Debit Card Has Been Suspended From Operations World-wide by abhosts(m): 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2016
Not a Fan of Emelefe, but the CBN did what they had to do to save the Naira. Those banks have made billions from Dollar Racketeering.

Banks were getting Western Union Dollar at official Rate and then Resold it to their customers at Black Market Rate contrary to what they were instructed by the CBN. This action starved the BDCs of the much needed liquidity they needed. Nigerian Banks are the chief culprits in all this devaluation mess. Now the CBN has decided to reach out to BDCs via Travelex.

Banks are now Required to Remit all those Dollar Inflows to the CBN so it can be channeled properly to the BDCs via Travelex. That is why they have no dollars to give Card Holders anymore.

Those that are wise should begin to offload their Dollars now. I see the Dollar falling to 320-360 within the next 2 weeks if new policy is well implemented.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Naira Debit Card Has Been Suspended From Operations World-wide by ezechueze(m): 2:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
OK
Re: All Naira Debit Card Has Been Suspended From Operations World-wide by kfreak(m): 2:17pm On Oct 14, 2016
iykepromotions:
you may not be right. Have you tried GtBank cards?
yes I reside at ghana and have a friend at USA gtbank stopped working months ago
Re: All Naira Debit Card Has Been Suspended From Operations World-wide by nairaman66(m): 4:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
Emiefele the trial and error CBN governor!! Tiri gbosa for you!
Re: All Naira Debit Card Has Been Suspended From Operations World-wide by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 15, 2016
I tried my Ecobank card today at on Ecobank ATM at Abidjan it .........

TRANSACTION DECLINED . CONTACT YOUR BRANCH ! cry cry cry....
Re: All Naira Debit Card Has Been Suspended From Operations World-wide by chibecan: 9:12am On Oct 16, 2016
Does it mean that Nigerian cards linked to Nigerian domiciled PayPal are no longer usable?
I tried making a payment with my Nigerian Paypal yesterday and the transaction was declined and Paypal error message was to the effect that my linked card was not accepted and for me to continue I must add another card

(1) (Reply)

Payporte Set To Launch Offline Stores Soon / Will You Become A Sperm Donor To Make Money? / Simple Website To Earn At Least $5 Dollars Daily And Pays To Bitcoin Or Paypal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.