Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government (48539 Views)

Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules / Heritage Bank Should Be Shut Down – Company Tells Court, CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by Mujaheeeden: 8:30am On Oct 15, 2016
lajoshua:

grin grin grin grin..ehen so you believe them
No matter the economy of this Nigeria i will never eat ....

Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 15, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
where iz ur pix on dat ur dp kiss it looks lovely
have you seen my pix before
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by flokii: 8:38am On Oct 15, 2016
Sad thing is.. most of these food items we import have been modified genetically which is very dangerous to human health..

It's a norm now in most advanced countries tho.

1 Like

Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by lajoshua: 8:39am On Oct 15, 2016
flokii:
Sad thing is.. most of these food items we import have been modified genetically which is very dangerous to human health..

true embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by uboma(m): 8:43am On Oct 15, 2016
Pavore9:
Local farmers should be encouraged to grow organically.

Exactly.

Organically grown foods are better and more healthy than genetically modified food.
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by flokii: 8:44am On Oct 15, 2016
lajoshua:

true embarassed embarassed embarassed

It was meant to be a form of technological advancement which is in a way i.e bigger fruits, seeds etc.

But the cons far outweighs the pros.. it's like writing love letter to cancer, tumors etc. etc.
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by Mujaheeeden: 8:46am On Oct 15, 2016
suzan404:
have you seen my pix before
Yes. It has a BIG....

Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 15, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Yes. It has a BIG....
big what
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by Mujaheeeden: 8:50am On Oct 15, 2016
suzan404:
big what
Ayam not saying it

2 Likes

Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by lajoshua: 8:56am On Oct 15, 2016
flokii:

It was meant to be a form of technological advancement which is in a way i.e bigger fruits, seeds etc.

But the cons far outweighs the pros.. it's like writing love letter to cancer, tumours etc. etc.
I'm telling you....disastrous. i was just discussing this with someone yesterday of the damage civilisation has done...i mean our forefathers lived a healthy life..you hardly hear all these strange diseases then. Today thanks to air pollution,processed food and what have we.
well there is a price to pay for everything.

1 Like

Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by Pavore9: 9:03am On Oct 15, 2016
uboma:

Exactly.

Organically grown foods are better and more healthy than genetically modified food.

But unfortunately for us, anything in sight is food! A strong local network of organic farmers will really push healthy food. At the just concluded Nairobi International trade fair, Kenya Organic Agriculture Network gave out booklets titled Nairobi green shopping guide that lists out bio restaurants, organic food stores, organic farmers' markets, organic gardens, processors of organic foods etc It now gives one the choice to eat healthy!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by uboma(m): 9:54am On Oct 15, 2016
Pavore9:

But unfortunately for us, anything in sight is food! A strong local network of organic farmers will really push healthy food. At the just concluded Nairobi International trade fair, Kenya Organic Agriculture Network gave out booklets titled Nairobi green shopping guide that lists out bio restaurants, organic food stores, organic farmers' markets, organic gardens, processors of organic foods etc It now gives one the choice to eat healthy!

this is good.

with the booklet, one can now make an informed decision.

I have always been against the idea of Shoprite selling fruits that are genetically modified. Go to their malls, the Watermelon sold there were not grown organically. Same goes for some other fruits on their shelves.
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2016
There the government goes spreading fear and ignorance amongst the masses regarding GMO. Why not say the truth of their licenses getting expired than manufacturing false allegations?

2 Likes

Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by poweredcom(m): 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2016
haha close shoprite NA be say una wan starve people for lekki n Ikeja n apapa surulere v.I where spenders de
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by d33types: 4:38pm On Oct 15, 2016
flokii:

Not all GMO's are bad.
All the apples sold in Nigeria are GMOs. They are modified not to have viable seeds so that nobody can replant them

3 Likes

Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by erico2k2(m): 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2016
lajoshua:

lol..but seriously all these big stores affect the sales of the local market, any city they are located the local market suffers and the irony is the import even basic things such as fruits,pathetic. lalasticlala what do you think?? grin grin grin
lubish how can importation of apples be pathetic?or Blue and Black Berries ?
And the phone you ate using not imported right ?
See the reason we are mega backward ? ?
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by Anabel(f): 4:44pm On Oct 15, 2016
The way I'll dance if they shut shoprite down will be priceless.
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2016
Anabel:
umnh bad belle
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by clems93(m): 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2016
undecided
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
Anabel:
i like you
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by HomeOfMe(f): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2016
lajoshua:

source:http://www.voiceofaudacity.com/2016/10/gmo-foods-fg-may-shut-shoprite-next.html

It's about time,they've been killing people silently. I bought a kilogram each of garlic,cucumber,ginger and apples two months ago,we finished eating the apples,but a month after,those things didn't get rotten a bit which shows that they were genetically modified. Most of their products are GMO which is very unhealthy.
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by bumi10(m): 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2016
if they give una money now

everybidy go shot up
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2016
Just lookat how dis ppl changed this thread to a meme thread! angry

6 Likes

Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by airsaylongcon: 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2016
lajoshua:

lol..but seriously all these big stores affect the sales of the local market, any city they are located the local market suffers and the irony is the import even basic things such as fruits,pathetic. lalasticlala what do you think?? grin grin grin

Go and see how Onitsha shoprite is comatose because of Onitsha open market

1 Like

Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by indomitablesq(m): 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2016
u wan make some people cry their mind out
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by seunlayi(m): 5:01pm On Oct 15, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Can we have fun while the guy hustles in Obodo oyibo grin

Baby I've got the antidote for hunger grin

I will kill this one for you in the #Kitchen while you treat me well in #TheOtherRoom

This is really trending

1 Like

Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by adedayoa2(f): 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2016
suzan404:
make them kuku close everything and starve us to death

I blame buhari undecided
read my dear, read

1 Like

Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by pimplucious: 5:03pm On Oct 15, 2016
Please somebody correct me if I'm right.

Did anybody read where they wrote that all GMO must be registered? Does that mean GMO products are allowed in Nigeria market so long it's registered?
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by seunlayi(m): 5:06pm On Oct 15, 2016
This thread is funny sha, almost all the post on fp are 4ni

1 Like

Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by columbus007(m): 5:08pm On Oct 15, 2016
Tinubu may be in for trouble undecided
Re: GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government by LuvU2: 5:13pm On Oct 15, 2016
pimplucious:
Please somebody correct me if I'm right.

Did anybody read where they wrote that all GMO must be registered? Does that mean GMO products are allowed in Nigeria market so long it's registered?
yes nd thats saddening. I thought they were goin to ban their importation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Nigeria A Truly Wealthy Nation? See What Economic Facts Say / How Much Is CEFA Against Naira Today? / Naira Redesign: Old, New Notes Are Legal Tender – CBN Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.