Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

EPL : Manchester City Vs Everton Today At 3:00pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL : Manchester City Vs Everton Today At 3:00pm (440 Views)

Arsenal Vs Everton (3 - 2) On 23rd February 2020 / Manchester City Vs Arsenal At (3 - 1) Live / Chelsea Vs Everton (5 - 0) On 5th November 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EPL : Manchester City Vs Everton Today At 3:00pm by luvola(m): 11:05am On Oct 15, 2016
This is another North west derby between Merseyside and The Manchester .... The 2nd North -West derby is coming up on mon..
Re: EPL : Manchester City Vs Everton Today At 3:00pm by luvola(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2016
TEAM NEWS
Manchester City pair Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling could return from respective hamstring and calf injuries.
Fabian Delph could also be involved and Vincent Kompany is training after a groin problem, but Bacary Sagna has been ruled out with a hamstring injury.
Everton defender Leighton Baines is available after a two-match absence with a hamstring strain.
Romelu Lukaku and Phil Jagielka have recovered from thigh problems and Darron Gibson is fit.
Aaron Lennon and James McCarthy will be assessed.
MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
Guy Mowbray: "This game's sub-plot would make a good documentary, if not quite the full film story.
"Twenty six years ago, the late, great Johann Cruyff first encouraged a young Pep Guardiola to learn from his Barcelona team-mate Ronald Koeman, laying the foundations for his much admired football philosophies.
"Now, as they meet for the first time as opposing coaches, will the mentor be able to outsmart his once very eager pupil? How very Star Wars!
"It mostly depends on how their players perform of course, and whilst City should have the edge - especially at home - Koeman will feel that his can follow the Spurs example of how to beat them.
"A game to have made Cruyff proud will do beautifully."
Twitter: @Guymowbray
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola on former room-mate Ronald Koeman: "I switched off the light before we went to sleep! When he needed water - wake up to get water for him. I was the youngest so I adapted to him.
"Last season with Southampton he did great, he did an extraordinary job and they qualified for European competition. They (Everton) started really well this season as well."
Everton manager Ronald Koeman: "I have all good memories of Pep. We have a really strong friendship. Sometimes we have time for dinner and to talk about football and to talk about life.
"When he was manager of Barcelona I saw the best Barcelona team in every aspect of football. Most of the other managers win titles but not with that way of football.
"It is impressive the way City play football. It's difficult to defend against but we have had some good examples of teams getting a good result against City."
LAWRO'S PREDICTION
I think it might be a frustrating afternoon for City. They have had players scattered around the globe over the past week or so and may not be at their best.
It is the same for Everton of course but, if both teams are below par, I would still expect the Toffees to leave with a point.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/37594239
Re: EPL : Manchester City Vs Everton Today At 3:00pm by goalisma(m): 11:39am On Nov 05, 2016
The Blues have been in imperious form in the English top flight in recent weeks thanks to a run of four successive Premier League victories.

http://www.goalisma.com/2016/11/chelsea-v-everton-betting-prediction.html

(1) (Reply)

Daily Football Predictions (PREDICTIONS (11/05/2017)) / UCL Semi Final Second Leg : Liverpool Vs Barcelona today At 8:00pm / Willian Sets Heart On Stamford Bridge Move As Spurs Deal Was Rejected: Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.