Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Can Writer Say Who They Want For A Particular Role In A Movie - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Can Writer Say Who They Want For A Particular Role In A Movie (586 Views)

[INTERVIEW] My First Time On A Movie Set, I Was Nervous – Actress Olabisi Adeyem / How To Write A Movie Script. Help Needed!!! / I Need A Story Editor Or A Movie Script Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Writer Say Who They Want For A Particular Role In A Movie by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 15, 2016
So I was in a heated argument with someone today,
He was saying directors have the right to choose who they want for a particular movie. Agreed
But I told him even though directors can do that, If a film writer has someone in mind for that particular role, the director can't just say no. Maybe perhaps he/she has issue with such person.
The question now is "can Writers choose who they want for a particular role in movies "

Replies are need and thanks.
Re: Can Writer Say Who They Want For A Particular Role In A Movie by ChikaSunday(m): 11:11am On Oct 16, 2016
ENDTIMEgist:
So I was in a heated argument with someone today,
He was saying directors have the right to choose who they want for a particular movie. Agreed
But I told him even though directors can do that, If a film writer has someone in mind for that particular role, the director can't just say no. Maybe perhaps he/she has issue with such person.
The question now is "can Writers choose who they want for a particular role in movies "

Replies are need and thanks.

Dear OP, I'm an actor, creative writer/script writer and an up-coming producer. When I sell a script to a producer, the script belongs to the producer and it is left for the producer and his choosen director to decide what they do with the script and who to use, they only maintain my name as the script writer. However, a producer & his director may seek your opinion of the mental picture of the whole/part scenes or presumed cast of the movie but the producer's decision is final because he is the one spending the money for everything involved. The writer can only have power over which cast to use if the shooting/production is a business collaboration between him and the producer: director no even get power most times except he is part of the collaboration. Check my profile and contact me for your writing, acting and production services. Cheers dear.
Re: Can Writer Say Who They Want For A Particular Role In A Movie by DirectorD: 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
@chikasunday...nice response. You got scripts we can work with? Email me at info@pixon.tv lets take it from there. Let me know if you are keen. Please treat as urgent. Cheers
ChikaSunday:

Dear OP, I'm an actor, creative writer/script writer and an up-coming producer. When I sell a script to a producer, the script belongs to the producer and it is left for the producer and his choosen director to decide what they do with the script and who to use, they only maintain my name as the script writer. However, a producer & his director may seek your opinion of the mental picture of the whole/part scenes or presumed cast of the movie but the producer's decision is final because he is the one spending the money for everything involved. The writer can only have power over which cast to use if the shooting/production is a business collaboration between him and the producer: director no even get power most times except he is part of the collaboration. Check my profile and contact me for your writing, acting and production services. Cheers dear.

(1) (Reply)

Maximize Your Talents: These Tips Will Help You Stand Out In Life. / The Price Of Peace / Joseph (uncut)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.