Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,277 members, 7,954,094 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: (878 Views)

Find What You Are Looking For Faster On Google / Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? / Nairaland Regain Its No. 1 Spot Beats VanguardNGR.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: by soladollar(m): 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2009
I just logged onto the net and just decided to use some promo techniques, i wanted to know how much promo i would need, so i checked google for the keyword "Quick money on demand" of www.quickmoneyondemand.com i was amazed at what i saw I was first of 14,700,000 hits,   Isnt that amazing, with no single promo

You can check it out if you want: http://www.google.com.ng/#hl=en&q=quick+money+on+demand&meta=&aq=&oq=&fp=e482ea62d9650b63
Re: Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: by lagoshost(m): 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2009
Congratulations,

But let me tell you the truth about google. It only depends on the keywords you use.

You should rejoice after using about 5 different keywords and you are still number 1. So please keep promoting your site.

And that is what I am doing on www.lagoshost.com

Soon, we will get there!
Re: Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: by yawatide(f): 5:23pm On Oct 21, 2009
being the slow babe that i am, i typed "quick money" and your site came nowhere close. Obviously, if your url = your search term(s), chances are that you will be #1.

SEO is a continuous process. Keep at it and always refine. And as with all things in life, even when you get to #1, never get lax cos as they say, tis the nail that sticks out that gets hammered.

good luck!
Re: Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: by trekkie: 5:41pm On Oct 21, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

being the slow babe that i am, i typed "quick money" and your site came nowhere close. Obviously, if your url = your search term(s), chances are that you will be #1.

SEO is a continuous process. Keep at it and always refine. And as with all things in life, even when you get to #1, never get lax cos as they say, tis the nail that sticks out that gets hammered.

good luck!
grin grin grin heheheehe
that's what i call hitting the nail on the head.
Re: Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: by emmatigana: 7:26pm On Oct 21, 2009
Lol, I don't know what this people learn in schools. How could you search your url and expect not to be no 1. search another url and see if your own comes first.
Re: Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: by worldbest(m): 10:52am On Oct 22, 2009
emmatigana:

Lol, I don't know what this people learn in schools. How could you search your url and expect not to be no 1. search another url and see if your own comes first.

Dont think am beefing you,but u do sound stupid, advice the dude not talk non-sense
Re: Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: by kolitos007: 11:07am On Oct 22, 2009
Yeah just like yawa said, you are bound to be number 1 if you type in your url, I mean the chances of someone searching for "Quick money on demand" is really low, if you want to know about it register with google webmaster tools, it would show you the number of times people search for that word and how many clicked on your site.

this is a good way to optimise your site, the best way to get high is when you have 2 words search or 1 word search. So my friend, you still have a alot of work to do, did some analysis on your site and this was the result.

PageRank : 0
Indexed Page: 12
Keywords on your site :
quick: repeats 2, Density:1.02
money repeats 2, Density:1.02

This is all, shows you have got a lot of work to do, I advices you to do more research, and you don't have a site map, that will help you too.
Re: Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: by BigStar1(m): 11:48am On Oct 22, 2009
pls how do we promote site?
Re: Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: by kolitos007: 11:57am On Oct 22, 2009
Where I work, we focus alot of marketing sites for major companies around, so I have had a lot of training on this, and yet I don't think there is a perfect way to Optimise your site. Google bot is very smart, and tends to change its trend, i think adwords is a good way to promote your site, but if you have money you can easily promote your site, but if you don't want to spend, then it will be hard.

Best way forward is to have relevant links from your site to other sites, this will help with your page Ranking, good page ranking means that your site will get priority over others say site A as same number of key words with you, but site A has lower PageRank, then you will be on top of Site A.

So many other ways, alot of reading and research will help, take advantage of tool that you can get, in firefox and google and other tools on the internet.

But I still don't think there is a perfect solution, been doing site optimisation for like 6yrs now, I still can't give you a perfect solution.
Re: Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: by BigStar1(m): 12:45pm On Oct 22, 2009
Thanks alot.
Re: Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: by yawatide(f): 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2009
In addition to registering your sites at google site maps and google webmasters, you can also visit: http://www.andreas.com/ - he is google adwords certified.

He has a lot of white papers that can give you some ideas. That's where I go for mine wink
Re: Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: by soladollar(m): 7:45pm On Oct 22, 2009
Thank you all for the nice replies,

Well, the site was just launched last week wednesday, without any promotion so i dont think the page rank will just rise out of the shadows like that, Thanks to KOLITOS007 for his useful insights, i appreciate it,

Soladollar
Re: Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: by kolitos007: 11:46pm On Oct 22, 2009
soladollar:

Thank you all for the nice replies,

Well, the site was just launched last week wednesday, without any promotion so i dont think the page rank will just rise out of the shadows like that, Thanks to KOLITOS007 for his useful insights, i appreciate it,

Soladollar

You are welcome, hope it goes well for you wink
Re: Wow, I'm No 1 On Google: by DualCore1: 11:50pm On Oct 22, 2009
kolitos007:

You are welcome, hope it goes well for you wink

hmmm this dude kolitos, i remember him

flips through his to-beat-up list
flips through his blacklist
flips through his dudes-who-took-my-chic list

now i'm confused, where does this hostile fit in cuz he most defo isnt ma hommie

sup hommie long time no see, either u or me got kicked off the net grin

(1)

Help Me With Css / Web Development Tutorial Html(video Interactive) Needed / Best Open Source Blogger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.