Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,318 members, 7,819,079 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/10/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/10/16 (532 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/10/17 / Rccg Sunday School Manual(16/10/2016) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sun. 16/10/2016) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/10/16 by dallyemmy: 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE : SUNDAY 16 OCTOBER 2016

THEME : I KNOW YOUR WORKS I

Memorise:

Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou has left thy first love. Revelation 2:4

Read: Revelations 2:1-5, (KJV)

1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Many people think of a high level of sin and crime when we talk of backsliding, whereas to backslide does not require going into heinous sins as some erroneously think. What is backsliding? Simply defined, backsliding is failure to do the good things you were doing before. James 4:17says:

“Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.”

It becomes a serious matter when you have started doing a good work and you stop doing it; that is backsliding in its practical form. This was the situation in the Church at Ephesus. The Lord commended their labour, their patience and their zero tolerance for evil. The Lord also knew how careful they were in scrutinizing and distinguishing between true and false apostles. In other words, they did not take any message in the Name of the Lord if they were not persuaded in the Holy Ghost about its authenticity. They held fast the faith, labouring to defend it without compromise. However, the Lord had something against them; they had left their first love. As a Christian, where is your first love? Is it still intact or have you left it for the theology of relativism? Is the end justifying the means of your livelihood? Your Church is swelling up in attendance after you compromised the faith. Those who you could not tolerate on God’s altar are those that are frequently invited. Those singers that you could never allow near God’s sanctuary are those who now frequently “minister” in songs to your congregation. Where is your first love? The Master in Revelation 2:5 is saying:

“Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove they candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.”

In the past, Christians didn’t walk in the counsel of the ungodly. They didn’t stand where sinners stood, and they didn’t sit at the forum of the scornful (Psalms 1:1). Nowadays, Christians promote and applaud jesting and ungodly jokes. We seem to have forgotten that not only doers will be punished but also those who love the doers. Romans 1:28, 32 says:

“…Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”

Beloved, we should never allow our love for Christ go cold. Let us go back to our first love and be ready to suffer fleshy loss so that we can ultimately win Christ.

Prayer Point:

Father, please forgive me in anyway I have backslide and restore me to my first love for You and Your Kingdom.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : Daniel 11-12 and Psalms 79

AUTHOR : Pst E. A ADEBOYE

HYMN 4: TAKE MY LIFE AND LET IT BE

1. Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

2. Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3. Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/10/16 by dallyemmy: 2:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens,( Sunday, October 16th, 2016) - I KNOW YOUR WORKS 1

1.Thank you Father, for your mercies that endureth forever, over my life.

2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, have mercy and forgive me.

3.Father, in anyway l have backslidden in my thoughts and commitments to the cause of your kingdom, please, forgive me.

4.Father, let every spirit of weariness that has crept into my life, be consumed by your fire.

5.Father, please, restore my former love, zeal and commitment, for your work.

6.Father, help me to hold on strongly to my faith in Jesus, and to labour to defend it, without fear or compromise.

7.Father, help me never to water down or compromise your standard, at the interest of increasing church attendance.

8.Father, rekindle with your fire my relationship with my first love, Jesus Christ.

9.Father, rekindle the fire of your revival, in your church, and let there be signs, wonders and miracles again, as of old.

10.Father, give me the grace never to walk in the counsel of the ungodly; nor stand in the way of sinners; nor sit in the seat of the scornful, in Jesus' name.

11.Father, perfect everything, concerning me and remove by your fire, every "but", in my life, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal petitions. (Phil 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.(John 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers. (1 Thes 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

RCCG In Trouble For Advertising MMM During Church Service (photos) / What Is Reformation Day? / Pastor Adeboye Retires As General Overseer Of RCCG, Names Successor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.