Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

The Man: Bob Dylan, Newly Crowned Nobel Laureate - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Man: Bob Dylan, Newly Crowned Nobel Laureate (13095 Views)

Chinua Achebe: An Icon Beyond Nobel Laureate Award / Bob Dylan "Rejects" 2016 Nobel Prize In Literature. / Bob Dylan's Nobel Silence 'impolite And Arrogant' - BBC News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Man: Bob Dylan, Newly Crowned Nobel Laureate by ashala(m): 8:32am On Oct 16, 2016
ivili:
One of my favourite artist of all time.Knocking on heavens door is still my favourite rock /pop song till these day,congrats to the man,the legend.

Any link to his songs?
Re: The Man: Bob Dylan, Newly Crowned Nobel Laureate by luiginho2xl(m): 8:49am On Oct 16, 2016
Joavid:
wetin concern rock music and noble literature

Tupac was a poet.

Nas is a poet

Kendrick Lamar is a poet.

will they give anyone of them noble prize for literature

Nonsense!!!
Lauryn Hill too.
Re: The Man: Bob Dylan, Newly Crowned Nobel Laureate by geez18(m): 9:08am On Oct 16, 2016
Dexema:

Even in the so called "hallowed circles of learning and reasoning " standards seem to be dropping faster than 9.8m/s.
i certainly second that!
Re: The Man: Bob Dylan, Newly Crowned Nobel Laureate by Gerrard59(m): 1:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
Pure and unadulterated nonsense from Nairaland.

You bring to the front page the winner of the Nobel prize in Literature which has no economic value but refused doing same for Medicine, Economics, Physics, Chemistry and the always controversial Peace. undecided

Can someone tell me what economic, engineering, chemical, health and humanitarian value literature has given to the world?
Re: The Man: Bob Dylan, Newly Crowned Nobel Laureate by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
Since the time they awarded Obama Peace prize, I never took them Seriously again
Re: The Man: Bob Dylan, Newly Crowned Nobel Laureate by McSterling(m): 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
Same Nobel prize that Gandhi and Achebe never won.
Re: The Man: Bob Dylan, Newly Crowned Nobel Laureate by daveP(m): 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
midolian:
When you listen to his folk songs, you ll have no choice but to respect him. Bob Dylan is not just a poet, but a poet with a difference. He deserves it!

Knockin on heaven's door
Blowin in the wind
I ll keep it with mine

Above are a few of my favourites by him..

Mehn take five.

This man was famous cos he began the age of songwriting with meaning impact.

Those old rock guys that sang and had lil sensible words cos of their drug addiction, etc were forced to start saying sensible words.

Well Zimmerman, as Dylan's former name is, is a legend and I can't but twale fro his big big works

Knocking on heaven's door was performed by Uriah Shelton on the movie Lifted

Also Blake Shelton was totally inspired by Dylan

Rob Shelton was his biographer. Seems everything Shelton is linked to Dylan.

C
download Uriah Shelton's version and you'll hit repeat.

Caracta, comman see my num 2 music best of al time

wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Man: Bob Dylan, Newly Crowned Nobel Laureate by daveP(m): 9:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ramon92:
I think Bob Dylan is the one of the best songwriters ever.. How he's able to express stuffs with poetry is just amazing. ..
I'm looking for a thumbs up emoticon to use for u. I didn't see.

Songwriting started sensibly with this legend
Re: The Man: Bob Dylan, Newly Crowned Nobel Laureate by ivili(m): 5:48am On Oct 17, 2016
ashala:

Any link to his songs?
I am sorry,I don't know any.I am terrible with computers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nora Roberts Replies Accusation Of Plagiarism By Tomi Adeyemi In Style / A Dread In The Spine ( A Mystery Novel By Akintayo Akinjide) / Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.