Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

See the rarest citrus fruit a Nairalander Used To Mark The World Food day. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See the rarest citrus fruit a Nairalander Used To Mark The World Food day. (2651 Views)

World Food Day: What's Your Best Nigerian Food? / World Food Day Is Today. What's Your Favorite Food? / Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See the rarest citrus fruit a Nairalander Used To Mark The World Food day. by johnaruson(m): 11:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
To mark thisday, The World Food Day, i graced it with the world rarest citrus (Orange family, which i know that 95% of my follow Nairalanders reading this does not know the name of this fruit or haven't seen it before, even will mistaken it for a red- grape) that is so juicy and foody to the extent that it can serve both as food and water tank for travelers or picnic expeditions.
one among other special characteristics of this 'food flask and water bottle citrus' is that the seed from the fruit is so scarce (unlike other citrus like orange, tangerine, grapefruit, lime nor lemon), that if you smash a truck load of the fruit you may have only one seed which will call for a great celebration.
The fruit is a non-hybrid and has the biggest citrus ball, with red or pink fiber inside, almost seedless and a very thick albedo (flesh), It is pale green to yellow when ripe, It is a large citrus fruit, 15–25 centimetres (5.9–9.8 in) in diameter, usually weighing 1–2 kilograms.
It is rich in carbohydrates, small protein, large vitamin and minarals. finally the name is Shaddock! (Citrus Grandis). Irrespective of Good things are rare, you too could join me (a Nairalander) Johnson Arunsi, to enjoy Shaddock or Pomelo from the free wonders of nature. Plant a tree today, you can save the world tomorrow!

Re: See the rarest citrus fruit a Nairalander Used To Mark The World Food day. by johnaruson(m): 12:10am On Oct 18, 2016
A day after the world food day, my bowel movement was amazing,

1 Like

Re: See the rarest citrus fruit a Nairalander Used To Mark The World Food day. by Rosella1: 7:18am On Oct 20, 2016
Fruit be looking like ERAN MALU!

1 Like

Re: See the rarest citrus fruit a Nairalander Used To Mark The World Food day. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
Rosella1:
Fruit be looking like ERAN MALU!

ERAN MALU indeed grin

1 Like

Re: See the rarest citrus fruit a Nairalander Used To Mark The World Food day. by pillarmaria(m): 5:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
wow, didn't know much about this fruit, its been wasting here in my compound.
If you need it in bulk please come down to *Ihugh* here in Vandeikya LGA Benue state.
Re: See the rarest citrus fruit a Nairalander Used To Mark The World Food day. by eddyline(m): 3:06am On Oct 22, 2016
Op, how does it taste? sweet, sour, bitter or tasteless?
Re: See the rarest citrus fruit a Nairalander Used To Mark The World Food day. by MsBella: 8:39am On Oct 22, 2016
It looks like grape. I have eaten it once. I noticed it does not have seeds.
Re: See the rarest citrus fruit a Nairalander Used To Mark The World Food day. by johnaruson(m): 11:02am On Nov 01, 2016
what is Eran malu, please!
Re: See the rarest citrus fruit a Nairalander Used To Mark The World Food day. by sholay2011(m): 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2016
Is that not Shaddock?
Re: See the rarest citrus fruit a Nairalander Used To Mark The World Food day. by Donvilo(m): 9:18am On Nov 02, 2016
Yep, that kind of looks like grape though. a-great-big-kind-of grape smiley

1 Like

Re: See the rarest citrus fruit a Nairalander Used To Mark The World Food day. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
sholay2011:
Is that not Shaddock?

Absolutely!!
Re: See the rarest citrus fruit a Nairalander Used To Mark The World Food day. by Olanna45(f): 6:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
shaddock. remind of a late classmate in jnr secondary. Constance.

She plucks it from the dad's compound and sale them for 50# per ball.

We came to school on a monday morning to hear that constance died over the weekend. That was the last time i saw and ate that friut.

I was owing her 100# before her death oh.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nkobi Delicacy / Can CNG Be Used For Cooking? / Learn The Best Way You Can Earn Cool Income Using Your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.