Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,970 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

I Know Your Works 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Know Your Works 2 (356 Views)

If This Isn't Happening In Your Church Then Just Know Your Pastor Needs Help / How You Know Your Pastor Just Scammed You. / I Know Your Works 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Know Your Works 2 by kpakpandoN(m): 6:05am On Oct 17, 2016
The Almighty Father knows all that we do, nothing we do is hidden from Him. This should make us rejoice because it means that our Master knows our works, (assuming that our works are good) and He will appreciate and commend us for them. In other words, even if people don't appreciate us or if they misunderstand us, God never misunderstands. In Revelations 2:9, the Lord sent a message of goodwill to the Church in Smyrna:
"I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan."

There are beautiful things to note from the above scripture: Jesus knows about the tribulation we are passing through. Little wonder one of the saints of old wrote a hymn titled: "There's not a Friend like the Lowly Jesus." The Chorus reads:
Jesus knows all about our struggles,
He will guide till the day is done;
There's not a friend like the lowly Jesus,
No, not one! No, not one!

Another interesting thing about Revelation 2:8-11 is the courage that the Master gave to the Church in Smyrna. He said: "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer...Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." Beloved, this is a message from Jesus, the Lover of your soul. Before this time, in John 16:33, Jesus made a categorical statement void of ambiguity:
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

Jesus further assured us of the great reward of escaping the second death if we will strive to overcome (Revelation 2:11). May the Lord help us to overcome in Jesus' name.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

OPEN HEAVEN Devotional(tue. 18/10/2016) / The Lord Is My Shelther / The Cure To Lukewarmness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.