Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

How Do I Learn Programming In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Learn Programming In Nigeria? (868 Views)

Which School Can I Learn Programming In Lagos / Who Wants To Learn Programming In Python Easily Without Stress? READ THIS / I Want To Learn Programming In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Learn Programming In Nigeria? by Pressclix(m): 6:17am On Oct 17, 2016
I don’t think it’s different than in any other country. If you have access to the internet, you’re good to go. There are plenty free books and tutorials out there for any programming language you can imagine. If you’re not sure where to start or which languages to learn, don’t worry, there are a plenty of discussions about that too. There are many people who are more than willing to help you get started.
Of course, it would be easier if you could find some people near you who are into programming, so you can get together and talk about it and they can also show you a few things when you need it, but, it’s not really necessary in today’s world.
What are some of the best ways to learn programming?
Don't just read the books. The best way to learn how to program is by doing it. It's easy to spend hours reading about syntax, but computer languages like human languages require you to use them in order to understand them.

Try starting with simple projects. If you're going the HTML / CSS route, play with JavaScript and get a simple div to move around on the page when you click on something. Then work your way up to more complex ones. For instance, write a simple todo list with HTML form elements. You have to learn DOM manipulation to properly handle when the user interacts with the page.

At Stanford, they teach beginning CS with games. Try building a hangman game using JS, or even just on the command prompt using Ruby or Python.

Edit: A new YC company called Codecademy just released an all-Javascript tutorial that is quite good. (Disclosure: I'm a venture partner at YC and worked with the founders this past summer.)
Why should I learn to program?
Here are three reasons why learning how to code is one of the best things you can decide to do today.

> Knowing how to code makes launching a startup 100 times easier

If you dream of running your own startup in the future, you should equip yourself with the key skill for any startup entrepreneur: knowing how to code, build and launch real-world web applications.

Getting your own startup off the ground and towards profitability, will be so much easier if you are able to build and launch a fully functional web application yourself. That way visitors can actually use what you’ve built to get a specific task done and give you direct feedback on what you can improve next.

Knowing how to build a web application and use direct user feedback to improve it as fast as possible, is how most startups become successful. Read More…

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Help Me With This Qbasic? / Best Upcoming Tech From CES 2017 / Help! I Want To Learn Matlab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.