Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Femi Otedola No Longer A Billionaire As Forte Oil Shares Fizzle - Forbes.com - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Femi Otedola No Longer A Billionaire As Forte Oil Shares Fizzle - Forbes.com (39946 Views)

Billionaire Femi Otedola Sells Forte Oil, Exits Fuel Business / Femi Otedola To Sell His Forte Oil Shares / See The Dilapidated Road That Femi Otedola's Forte Oil Rehabilitated In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola No Longer A Billionaire As Forte Oil Shares Fizzle - Forbes.com by ALAYORMII: 12:30am On Oct 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Your math is quite poor.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Na only 1+1 I know
Re: Femi Otedola No Longer A Billionaire As Forte Oil Shares Fizzle - Forbes.com by ALAYORMII: 12:32am On Oct 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Your math is quite poor.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Na only 1+1 I know
Re: Femi Otedola No Longer A Billionaire As Forte Oil Shares Fizzle - Forbes.com by Ranchhoddas: 12:34am On Oct 18, 2016
ALAYORMII:

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Na only 1+1 I know
Chai...So even spelling you no sabi? Abeg check dictionary help your life.
Re: Femi Otedola No Longer A Billionaire As Forte Oil Shares Fizzle - Forbes.com by anonimi: 12:44am On Oct 18, 2016
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:
Chief wailers how much do you worth? LOL no free money anymore as..

Thank to PMB for blocking free subsidy on (Crude Oil and on Dollars) no free money ooo.

Why are you reeling with so much pride in your ignorance

freespch:
While Nigerians struggled for dollars for businesses, imports and academic programs, buying as much as N370 from the back market, Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, scooped $101 million in just 11 weeks as benefit for buying forex directly from CBN at between 197 and 199, according to Reuters.

Reuters says it examined foreign currency transactions made during an 11-week period in March to May this year. Over that time, Dangote businesses were able to buy at least $161 million in hard currency from the central bank.

That was around nine percent of all the hard currency the bank sold over the period. In a single week in March, one dollar in every eight went to Dangote companies.

Compared with buying dollars on the more expensive unofficial market, though, Dangote companies benefited to the tune of about $100 million.

In simpler terms, the government sold dollars to him at subsidized rates compared to the actual value in parallel market.

Dangote’s purchases were entirely legal. The government had said it provide forex directly to Dangote’s firms partly because of his promise to build a refinery.

Reuters’ calculations are based on foreign exchange purchase data which the Nigerian government required banks to publish. Reuters examined every transaction that Dangote’s companies made between March 1 and May 13. One newspaper, This Day, calculated a weekly total of all the published official transactions. Reuters used this total to analyze Dangote’s share.

In the period Reuters analyzed, the average black market rate was around 320, according to AbokiFX, a Lagos financial company. The difference against the official rate equated to about 20 billion naira ($101 million).

http://www.freespch.com/2016/06/23/dangote-gained-101-million-in-just-11-weeks-by-buying-cheap-dollars-from-govt-reuters/

Additional source: http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-nigeria-forex-dangote-insight-idUKKCN0Z90PT

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola No Longer A Billionaire As Forte Oil Shares Fizzle - Forbes.com by ALAYORMII: 12:53am On Oct 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Chai...So even spelling you no sabi? Abeg check dictionary help your life.

Mr Ranchhodas,

Abeg

Please

Biko

Dakun

Ya hakuri

Teach Mii English Cos am really willing to learn but as for maths don't think I want to cos can't really remember the last time I withdrew XY amount of money in the bank

Ibasrevo
Re: Femi Otedola No Longer A Billionaire As Forte Oil Shares Fizzle - Forbes.com by Ranchhoddas: 1:09am On Oct 18, 2016
ALAYORMII:

Mr Ranchhodas,

Abeg

Please

Biko

Dakun

Ya hakuri

Teach Mii English Cos am really willing to learn but as for maths don't think I want to cos can't really remember the last time I withdrew XY amount of money in the bank

Biasrevo
How much be visa to Canada?
Re: Femi Otedola No Longer A Billionaire As Forte Oil Shares Fizzle - Forbes.com by Nnamdikalu: 6:29am On Oct 18, 2016
Na dem support Buhari naa,so that serves him right.
Re: Femi Otedola No Longer A Billionaire As Forte Oil Shares Fizzle - Forbes.com by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 7:50am On Oct 18, 2016
anonimi:

Why are you reeling with so much pride in your ignorance

Additional source: http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-nigeria-forex-dangote-insight-idUKKCN0Z90PT

LOL the source of your news is laughable, But to burst your brain Otedola is into shady illegal deal and when those area was blocked by PMB he started loosing out big time, Where are you when Dangote lost about $5.4 billion?

http://www.africanews.com/2016/08/31/dangote-has-lost-54-billion-35-percent-of-his-wealth-in-2016-bloomberg/

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-20/africa-s-richest-person-drops-3-7-billion-on-plunging-naira

But as a Business man the man never complain instead he is boosting is business and diverting into other business.

The world know about the Otedola/Lawan saga, Have you ever hear of Dangote and anybody dirty deal saga? Otedola is living a flamboyant life and Dangote is not. Dangote is moving is business to other countries like Togo, Netherlands, Benin Republic etc. Abeg aside Nigeria where elce did Otedola has his business.

No free money oga.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola No Longer A Billionaire As Forte Oil Shares Fizzle - Forbes.com by ALAYORMII: 9:32am On Oct 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
How much be visa to Canada?

Get my number from my signature and send Mii a msg on Whatsapp

Ire ooo
Re: Femi Otedola No Longer A Billionaire As Forte Oil Shares Fizzle - Forbes.com by redsun(m): 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
Awufu money. As soon as it honeypot dries out,the wealth disappears. Just like abiola.

Knowledge is wealth,not thieving.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means / Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please / CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.