Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories (2285 Views)

Why Do Self Taught Programmers Over Exaggerate / Looking For Php Freelancers To Work On A Big Project With Me / I Need A Programmer To Work On A Project With Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by Evansley09(m): 10:33am On Oct 17, 2016
Progammers in the house let's share and showcase our Finest project.

How to showcase Your Project:
Tell us how You achieved the project?
How long the project took You?
The cost of completing the Project?

The aim of this thread is to encourage and inspire the upcoming programmers.
Oya let see who's project will come first.
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 17, 2016
www.mma2.com.ng - I made 1m+ from that - if you are wondering whether i am just running my mouth, why not check view the source code and inspect it for my siggy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by FincoApps(m): 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
dhtml18:
www.mma2.com.ng - I made 1m+ from that - if you are wondering whether i am just running my mouth, why not check view the source code and inspect it for my siggy.

Nice... I might have actually come across this website before.... So you designed it (Y)
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
Yeah, it even has my name in the META TAG because of doubting thomases.

1 Like

Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
@op, you know you are supposed to start this by sharing something. I only help you small ni o.
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by silento(m): 9:02am On Oct 18, 2016
dhtml18:

nice work well formatted
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by FincoApps(m): 3:57pm On Oct 18, 2016
For me, my biggest project is TAM https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fincoapps.tam. Made some over Half a million from it

Programming-wise, I'll say my biggest Project is Pin Pals - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fincoapps.pinpals.... Just started monetizing it this February

1 Like

Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2016
Aho, i was waiting for the pinpals something.
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
FincoApps:
For me, my biggest project is TAM https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fincoapps.tam. Made some over Half a million from it

Programming-wise, I'll say my biggest Project is Pin Pals - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fincoapps.pinpals.... Just started monetizing it this February

Sorry to derail the thread.. Is there an easy way to convert a blog to an apk so that android users can view your blog after installing the apk. I meant without hard coding the whole thing??
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
Yes now, just code equivalent of iframe with web browser control, finish

1 Like

Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by FincoApps(m): 7:15am On Oct 19, 2016
elpedro:

Sorry to derail the thread.. Is there an easy way to convert a blog to an apk so that android users can view your blog after installing the apk. I meant without hard coding the whole thing??

dhtml has answered you. That's the best way
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 19, 2016
dhtml18:

Uhm.. Can you shed more light on this.. I'm still a bit confused..
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
In all the mobile application platforms (and most decent programming languages like C#, JAVA, C, Visual basic), there is an equivalent of what we call a:
- webbrowser control
- webbrowser object
- internetbrowser object
- iframe
- even other names
depending on the programming language you are talking about

these controls allow you to embed a webpage (or even an entire website) into your application.

I.e. You can create a new android project, and embed nairaland into it. So if anyone installs that android application and run it, they will see nairaland inside it, they can login and do everything they want to do (without you coding nairaland all over again). You can employ this technique on IOS, blackberry or any other one.

But, if you are not a mobile application developer (or a programmer), you will still not be able to do this even with all the info i have provided.

In that case, if you are not a programmer, you can go ahead and use some platforms online that will not even require you to be a programmer. Unfortunately, I cannot remember any of those platforms from my head since i have never (and will never patronize them) because they usually have one limitation or payment involved at some points.

1 Like

Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:36am On Oct 21, 2016
elpedro:

Uhm.. Can you shed more light on this.. I'm still a bit confused..
I think phonegap might help you.

u can go through the tutorial(search on google)

i think it involves u creating your website in normal html/css & javascript

add some script, upload it to their site and u will have your website app in apk.......(i think so oo
d tutorial will shed more light on it)
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:

I think phonegap might help you.

u can go through the tutorial(search on google)

i think it involves u creating your website in normal html/css & javascript

add some script, upload it to their site and u will have your website app in apk.......(i think so oo
d tutorial will shed more light on it)

Thanks mate.. I'll search for it..
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by whisp3r(m): 10:44pm On Oct 21, 2016
dhtml18:

The term is WebView. No mind your boy o....

I 1 use you shine small grin
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by derajojosblog(f): 12:51am On Oct 22, 2016
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by Nobody: 2:37am On Oct 22, 2016
whisp3r:

The term is WebView. No mind your boy o....

I 1 use you shine small grin
You have only succeeded in restricting yourself to android (that is the only place i know it is called webView).
So you no shine anything, you forget I am a fullstack programmer that work on multiple platforms.

My point remains, you will find it in all the platforms but under different names. On some platforms, you will even hear it called webkit.

You are still a learner jor. Wetin you know. Even in that your android sef, I don extend the normal webkit to youtubevideo player (without the youtube api).
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by directonpc(m): 7:49am On Oct 22, 2016
I will not mention commercial projects sha.

But as a programmer I take PN Gates along with me everyday. It is my attempt to build a more social forum community for Nigerians.
Available on the Web via http://7rl.in/phome
And the mobile app for Android can be downloaded from Playstore via https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.pngates

My Rome in a making.
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by whisp3r(m): 8:29am On Oct 22, 2016
dhtml18:

You have only succeeded in restricting yourself to android (that is the only place i know it is called webView).
So you no shine anything, you forget I am a fullstack programmer that work on multiple platforms.

My point remains, you will find it in all the platforms but under different names. On some platforms, you will even hear it called webkit.

You are still a learner jor. Wetin you know. Even in that your android sef, I don extend the normal webkit to youtubevideo player (without the youtube api).

I'm not an Android developer. That's not my stack.
Check my profile: https://freelancer.com/u/raphaelokekeze.html before you call me a learner.

Here's my website: https://www.monsterstudios.com.ng

Caio
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by directonpc(m): 9:17am On Oct 22, 2016
whisp3r:

I'm not an Android developer. That's not my stack.
Check my profile: https://freelancer.com/u/raphaelokekeze.html before you call me a learner.

Here's my website: https://www.monsterstudios.com.ng

Caio
Abeg. Make una take this off-topic discussion elsewhere.
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by whisp3r(m): 9:57am On Oct 22, 2016
directonpc:

Abeg. Make una take this off-topic discussion elsewhere.

No vex Sir
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 22, 2016
No vex directonpc, if no be say i respect you, i for hammer that boy wela for this thread (i will catch him anoda day)
#peace-things
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by FincoApps(m): 11:09pm On Oct 22, 2016
dhtml18:

There's Web browser Control in BlackBerry too sef
Re: Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 23, 2016
FincoApps:

There's Web browser Control in BlackBerry too sef
Web browser control is the most generic name every programmer can relate to on their platform.

(1) (Reply)

Two types of "likes" on profile image (old & new likes) / Do People Actually Graduate From ALX SE Program? YES THEY DO!!! / [News] Mark Zuckerberg’s Sister Is Now A Google Employee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.