Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] (53331 Views)

Hot Water Bath Or Cold Water Bath? Which One Is Better? / 8 Benefit Of Drinking Cold Water. / 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by Healinicblog: 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hey everyone! Today we will be looking at the harmful or negative effects of Cold water or too much cold water in our system. We all as individuals love cold stuffs especially after a sunny hectic day, we need some cold drinks or water to refresh and cool our body. This includes even me that’s writing this to you all lol; But we need to know this and how to minimize the rate at which we take in cold drinks regularly..

According to Natural Law, our normal body temperature is about 98.6 degrees F. If we raise that temperature a few degrees, the body starts to show signs of distress, and we say we have a fever. We try hard to return to homeostasis or normal functioning. Experts have said drinking cold water regularly could have negative impact on the heart and the digestive system. Food and healthy living expert say that cold water is at a temperature that contradicts the overall temperature within the body system.
Even though cold drinks or water has many health benefits, drinking ice water or cold water can only give temporary relief and drinking ice water regularly has its downside.

Here are some reasons why you shouldn’t drink ice or cold water:

1 Slows Down Digestion: Drinking ice water or cold water hampers the process of digesting food as it causes your blood vessels to shrink. This can slow down the process of digestion and as the food is not digested properly, the nutrients are lost or not absorbed by the body.

2 May Lead To sore throat: Drinking cold water can cause the buildup of respiratory mucosa, which is a protective layer of the respiratory tract. When this layer gets congested, the respiratory tract is exposed and becomes vulnerable to various infections and hence the chances of your throat turning sore are high.

3 Shortage Of nutrients: The body’s temperature is 37o C and when you drink something at a very low temperature, your body has to spend energy to regulate its temperature. This spent energy is otherwise used to digest food and absorb nutrients, thereby leaving your body short of nutrition.

4 Decreases your heart rate: Drinking ice water or cold water decreases your heart rate. Studies have shown that drinking ice water stimulates the vagus nerve. The vagus nerve is the 10th cranial nerve and is an important part of the body’s autonomous nervous system that controls involuntary actions of the body. The vagus nerve mediates the lowering of the heart rate and the low temperatures of ice cold water act as a stimulus to the nerve which causes the heart rate to drop.

In conclusion, take water at a normal temperature, the brain is sensitive to temperature change which is why it freezes when one drinks cold water at first, adding that such continuous seizure is not good for it, more so That is why we advise people not to take drugs with cold water. The drugs will not digest on time; it means you won’t get the best of the drugs because the water did not dissolve on time. Thank You for reading, Kindly drop your thoughts below.

Health source : http://healinic..com.ng/2016/10/dangers-of-drinking-cold-water-must-read.html

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by Baonel(m): 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by 1zynnvn(m): 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2016
next time you come back sweating like nama please make sure you boil hot water and drink, it does everthing that coldwater doesn't

145 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2016

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by lafuria1(m): 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
You want to kill cold pure water business abi

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by MinorityTribe: 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
In this kind of heat the only danger is "Not" drinking cold water. Make i go melt ice block drink am jor, I am even eating ice block.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by odidigborigbo: 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
good one
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by twentyk(m): 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
g
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by mrmaze(m): 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
Quite informative

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
Excess of code water intake gives room to body pain.

4 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by ExAngel007(f): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
so we shud be drinking boilingwater ..

9 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by EmmaOgbu(m): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
I concur
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by lilmax(m): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

18 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by soberdrunk(m): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
Cold beer nko? grin

38 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by Healinicblog: 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
subscribe to my blog for more health tips >>> [url]healinic..com[/url]

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by Topestbilly(m): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
Have stopped taking it since 4months now, I realised it truly not good for my system.

3 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
Very soon,the air you breathe can give you cancer.

5 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by Wilson125(m): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
Dis one no concern me as light no dey ma area n ma I pass my neighbour no get strength 2 power ma papa fridge...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by teelaw4life(m): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
Please don't come for my cold water. 20 years and still counting, the symptoms listed above can be exhibited by those who don't drink cold water too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by vicechancellor(m): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
so mah no drink kool water again?
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by finito88(m): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
Lol...make i hear say i no drink cold water
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by CuteTj(m): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
I shouldn't drink cold water abi? No problem! But can I use it to drink garri?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by Exponental(m): 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2016
I can't drink garri with ordinary water.... Abomination!!!!
Don't you know that hot drinks can cause unwanted abortion, stomach upset and kolostaticmiasis (don't ask me the meaning)
Drinking Ordinary water in hot sun is a sign that you don't have access to good electricity or you are rehearsing life in hell fire.
Even when I am sick, I take my drugs with cold water.... e.g using procold with ice chilled water makes the cold disappear on time.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by DAVE41(m): 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2016
I will try
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by Saint52(m): 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2016
We don hear, hot water has effect, warm water has effect and cold water has effect. If you dont drink water you will be dehydrated.
Everything has effect. i prefer cold water like that.

8 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by clevadani: 12:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
but e too sweet na
Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
op,nice points but I will like to inquire if one can drink cold water first thing in the morning, a nutritionist said it help to reduce belly fat, how true is this?

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by 190theclown: 12:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
in a useless country like nigeria
u still want people not to drink ice water

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by Presh900(m): 12:59pm On Oct 18, 2016
Im be lyk say u no dey Naija... By the time sun knack u for ur bald head eh, you go know say Ice Cold water na bae

7 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] by wuye: 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
Wow!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Infrastructural Decay In University Of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) / Patient Dies Of Bubonic Plague In China, An Entire Village Sealed Off / What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.