Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Is The Water Dripping From My Air Conditioner Safe For Human Consumption - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is The Water Dripping From My Air Conditioner Safe For Human Consumption (957 Views)

See How A Nigerian Man Gave Mercedes-benz Car A Dripping Graffiti Paint Job / 3-year-old Boy Caught Riding A Massive 20-ft Python In The Water During Floods / Guys Should I Buy Insurance For My Air Conditioner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Water Dripping From My Air Conditioner Safe For Human Consumption by Facetoface(m): 10:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
Well, I really want to know if the water coming out of my air conditioner is safe for cooking, if not drinking.
The AC makes gallons of water (clean water in appearance) per day - depending on the humidity of the day. I usually use the water for toilet and laundry. Now, I am tempted to use the water for kitchen and the "other room" (sorry, for drinking), especially now that our public water supply is not working.

I have actually made a web search on that, but, I didn't get something concrete, hence I want to find out from this ever reliable forum.

Re: Is The Water Dripping From My Air Conditioner Safe For Human Consumption by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 18, 2016
Your answer would lie here: https://www.nairaland.com/1995260/how-clean-water-dripping-out

I'm still not fully convinced one can use it to water flowers but give it a try and report your findings. I highly discourage any use which would bring contact between the water and your skin. Nowadays everything can cause cancer, avoid a situation where you self-inflict it unknowingly.
Re: Is The Water Dripping From My Air Conditioner Safe For Human Consumption by billark: 5:46am On Nov 19, 2021
When your air conditioner is releasing too much water, it could mean there is a problem and the the likely solution is cleaning up the air filters. I also experienced my air conditioner releasing unusual amount of water until I had the air filters cleaned. So now, every 3 months I have them washed. However there could be other reasons why it could be releasing a lot of water. You can read more here: https://tumfweko.com/2021/08/10/portable-air-conditioner-fills-with-water-quickly/
Facetoface:
Well, I really want to know if the water coming out of my air conditioner is safe for cooking, if not drinking.
The AC makes gallons of water (clean water in appearance) per day - depending on the humidity of the day. I usually use the water for toilet and laundry. Now, I am tempted to use the water for kitchen and the "other room" (sorry, for drinking), especially now that our public water supply is not working.

I have actually made a web search on that, but, I didn't get something concrete, hence I want to find out from this ever reliable forum.

(1) (Reply)

El Rufai 24hours Cofew,encouraged Attacks On Southern Kaduna. / How I Make Over N50K Daily From Ebonybet.com / Regina Daniels & Osita Iheme As Maid Of Honour & Best Man At Prince Nwafor’s Wed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.