Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Help!!! MTN is ripping me off - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!!! MTN is ripping me off (1283 Views)

Is This The Way Jumia Is Ripping Nigerians? Very Bad!! / Somebody Help! MTN Want To Steal My Money O / Help...!!! Mtn Cug Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by johnwizey: 11:34am On Oct 18, 2016
This rome media service has been eating my airtime as if we bought it together. I didnt subscribe for it and i have called out MTN on twitter as their customer care no gree pick my call, i was told it has been fixed only for me to wake up the next day to see a message that #30 has been deducted again. Sometimes they may deduct it twice in a week and the funny thing is that i will only see the message for deduction and nothing else again till the next time they will deduct again. I won't see any message or tips on what the rome media is all about, they just deduct the money.
I know #30 is small but if i am seeing the value of my money perhaps i won't be angry. Moreover, i'm a student, nt working yet. #30 twice in a week is something o for this buhari's era. They are not even replying my message on twitter again.

Oga Lalasticlala epp me put this on fp perhaps it can get to them

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by Nightie(f): 12:02pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hmmm. I dnt really knw wat to say. MTN is jst sumtin else. Dey kip deducting money for no reason and dnt give back to d masses. Bunch of crooks.
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by johnwizey: 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
Nightie:
Hmmm. I dnt really knw wat to say. MTN is jst sumtin else. Dey kip deducting money for no reason and dnt give back to d masses. Bunch of crooks.
At least they should have looked for rich peoples line nw

1 Like

Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
Nightie:
Keep calling their service provider line, more especially around mid-night since they have this tendency of not picking up at times. You might have subscribed for something unknowingly.

Call around mid-night, it always works for me
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by Nightie(f): 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2016
johnwizey:
At least they should have looked for rich peoples line nw

Lol. I knw itz painful, bt u shud try wat Jagugu88li said.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by johnwizey: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2016
jagugu88li:
Keep calling their service provider line, more especially around mid-night since they have this tendency of not picking up at times. You might have subscribed for something unknowingly.

I have tried dat too, i was once called by one of their cc rep and she took down every details i provided but yet no improvement. I couldnt have subscribed for it cos i kept the sim in one small phone. Those guys are army-robbers
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by pinkyruledworld(m): 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
jagugu88li:

am 1Billion percent sure the guy subscribed to nothing...na so mtn dey do, but theres something I noticed about mtn and browsing it seems some browser pop ups initiates these things, I was browsing tru waptrick last week and mtn game popped up (as an ad). Oh boy, next thing na text message enter my phone sayin I had subscrides for mtn game plus. I just stop am but my doe was gone.
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
pinkyruledworld:
but theres something I noticed about mtn and browsing it seems some browser pop ups initiates these things.
That could be true you know, now that you mentioned it. You are dead!

johnwizey:
Those guys are army-robbers
You cant be serious even when you have too. This guy, dead @ army robbers
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by pinkyruledworld(m): 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
jagugu88li:
That could be true you know, now that you mentioned it. We are dead!

I think the best way to stay out of it is try using the opera browser since it has ad blocker embedded in it... Tha shii actually happened to me while browsing with either chrome or mozilla (cant remember).
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by johnwizey: 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
pinkyruledworld:
am 1Billion percent sure the guy subscribed to nothing...na so mtn dey do, but theres something I noticed about mtn and browsing it seems some browser pop ups initiates these things, I was browsing tru waptrick last week and mtn game popped up (as an ad). Oh boy, next thing na text message enter my phone sayin I had subscrides for mtn game plus. I just stop am but my doe was gone.
The sim is not even in a browsing phone
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by pinkyruledworld(m): 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
johnwizey:
The sim is not even in a browsing phone
lobatan. end of discussion
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by JideSM: 6:50am On Oct 19, 2016
johnwizey:
This rome media service has been eating my airtime as if we bought it together. I didnt subscribe for it and i have called out MTN on twitter as their customer care no gree pick my call, i was told it has been fixed only for me to wake up the next day to see a message that #30 has been deducted again. Sometimes they may deduct it twice in a week and the funny thing is that i will only see the message for deduction and nothing else again till the next time they will deduct again. I won't see any message or tips on what the rome media is all about, they just deduct the money.
I know #30 is small but if i am seeing the value of my money perhaps i won't be angry. Moreover, i'm a student, nt working yet. #30 twice in a week is something o for this buhari's era. They are not even replying my message on twitter again.

Hello johnwizey, I am so sorry about the deduction. Kindly PM your number in order to enable me assist. I also run a thread where such issues are treated.https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 19, 2016
had a similar issue yesterday, i never suscribed for any game+ but these guys took my 50 Naira
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by pinkyruledworld(m): 8:27am On Oct 19, 2016
due to my recent post on this thread about game+ pop up, it has happened to me again making it the second time. I received a message for game+ subscription and 100 was deducted inly for me to see a game+ webpage on my browser. if u are using mozilla, chrome and ucbrowser pls be very careful of the sites u visit except u dont have miney on the sim. the hustle is real. Browser pop ups is the new way mtn is using to deduct our hard earned change. egungun becareful
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by joseph214(m): 8:53am On Oct 19, 2016
pinkyruledworld:
This exact thing happened to me. Through an ad N100 was deducted for game+. I dont use my mtn to browse again.
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:48am On Oct 19, 2016
joseph214:
This exact thing happened to me. Through an ad N100 was deducted for game+. I dont use my mtn to browse again.
am just sick and tired of mtn, mtn don do only me strong thing this morning, first was another game+ deduction and now a N35 was deducted for registring my samsung galaxy wch I recently formated, like wtf wetin consine mtn with my fone, am just tired bro.
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by thesolutions(m): 10:49am On Oct 19, 2016
johnwizey:

Dial *123*5*1*2# and your problem is 99% solved. The remaining 1% is up to you.
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by johnwizey: 11:00am On Oct 19, 2016
thesolutions:

Dial *123*5*1*2# and your problem is 99% solved. The remaining 1% is up to you.
What is the remaining 1% all about

I have tried it bfor and i got a message that i didnt subscribe for their packs, but the deduction still continues
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by joseph214(m): 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
pinkyruledworld:
am just sick and tired of mtn, mtn don do only me strong thing this morning, first was another game+ deduction and now a N35 was deducted for registring my samsung galaxy wch I recently formated, like wtf wetin consine mtn with my fone, am just tired bro.
I don't know why but mtn must always look for a way to steal your money. You can't leave N100 in a sim without it been deducted. They are real thieves.
Re: Help!!! MTN is ripping me off by thesolutions(m): 8:49am On Oct 20, 2016
johnwizey:
What is the remaining 1% all about

I have tried it bfor and i got a message that i didnt subscribe for their packs, but the deduction still continues
Try it now. The 1% is your ability to follow instructions.

*123*5*1*2#
*123*5*2*8#
*123*5*3*7#
*560*1#

(1) (Reply)

Coolest Xiaomi Note 4 Pouch Ever (pic) / Infinix S2 X522 5.2-inch (2gb, 16gb) Android 6, 13mp + 8mp Smartphone - Black / Infinix Smart (X5010) Specifications & Price (jumia & Konga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.