Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,329 members, 7,819,131 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) (39106 Views)

Oba Bamidele Simeon Dabo Becomes Igbekebo New King In Ondo / Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos / Peremobowei Shedrack Erebulu Becomes The Youngest King In Ijaw Nation. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by YourNemesis: 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]
Keep kwayet and stop deceiving the gullible.

Ijaws in Ondo state are 200% aborigines. And the king is an Ijaw king.

Ondo is predominantly Yoruba but not fully Yoruba state.

lol, Ijaws aren't even 2% of Ondo state. There are more Igalas in Anambra than there are Ijaws in Ondo state.
Moreso the Ijaws there are even mixed... such as this Oba.
So tell me, how else do you describe a state that is more than 98% Yoruba if not a Yoruba state?

3 Likes

Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by YourNemesis: 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ijaw land grabbers at it again. This kingdom never existed historically. Nowhere has there been a Taribo kingdom anywhere in Ondo state. And I expect the Ondo state council of Obas to do something about this development as soon as possible.

His Royal Majesty, Pere Gbebokedi, D. Ajiri-Oba, Oguruyeke, Okirimini 1 of Tubutoru Kingdom in his welcome address thanked the Lord Almighty for making him the first King of the Kingdom.
http://www.gbaramatuvoicenews.com/jubilation-as-new-ijaw-kingdom-emerges-in-ondo-state/

These people just migrate anyhow and think they can form Mushroom kingdoms everywhere as they like....

3 Likes

Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by xtivin(m): 9:46pm On Oct 18, 2016
Power of Name..Ajiroba means to become king overnight,i stand to be corrected

1 Like

Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by ianSweet(f): 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
Sagman1:
Bobo Ondo is an oil producing state so it's not only Niger deltans that has militants so to speak...... And also some parts of ondo are riverine areas e.g Ilaje area and we all know ijaw ppl love riverine areas and are normally found in such areas.. So let me enlighten you, these ijaw ppl migrated there for their fishing occupation and are not Ondo state indigenes so it's just normal to reiterate that Ondo state is a Yoruba state.....next time be sure of something or better still stay enlightened just in case you wanna comment on issues such as this in future ✌

You are wrong, the ijaws in Ondo are not settlers. There are many Edo speaking communities in Akoko parts of Ondo state who speak Edoid languages and answer Edo names. Are they also settlers too? Ondo is a multi ethnic state.
Besides, some tribes like Ilaje and Ikale in the state reject to be identified as yorubas. I have met some ilajes and ask them if they are yoruba, they told me NO, that they are not yoruba but Ilaje.

1 Like

Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by dangermouse(m): 10:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
flatron LCD

Better than oblong LCD

2 Likes

Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by ianSweet(f): 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2016
dragonking3:
Ondo is just like another delta State were you will see ijaw, urhobo, isoko, Benin, Yoruba, itsekiri people and more sef.

The good thing is that the yorubas there are much more friendly and hospitable unlike the other ones that are very tribalistic in other states.

Yeah u are very correct.
Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by YourNemesis: 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2016
ianSweet:

Yeah u are very correct.
Nothing correct about that.

The people of Ondo state are Yoruba in the majority like 96%+ and an Ijaw minority mostly in Ese Odo.
Where would you find Isoko, Urhobo and whatever else it is that you are listing u there? lol
You people should stop cooking up poo...

3 Likes

Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by sylvar02(m): 7:05am On Oct 19, 2016
TippyTop:
What is strange here?

In 2015 a cow rearing, terrorist supporting gworro chewing maga emerged our president.

change your signature oga
Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by Wawawi: 7:23am On Oct 19, 2016
why is there so much hatred for the Ijaws on nairaland? after all everybody migrated from somewhere and settled in ondo state of today.
Haa Izon!
Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by ianSweet(f): 9:51am On Oct 19, 2016
YourNemesis:

Nothing correct about that.

The people of Ondo state are Yoruba in the majority like 96%+ and an Ijaw minority mostly in Ese Odo.
Where would you find Isoko, Urhobo and whatever else it is that you are listing u there? lol
You people should stop cooking up poo...

What about the Edo speaking towns in Akoko axis? There are itsekiri villages in Ondo too. Also, many Ilaje and Ikale people do not identify themselves as yoruba people. I have met some of them who claim to be distinct from yoruba just like the itsekiris do.
Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by ojoisimi(m): 11:33am On Oct 19, 2016
YourNemesis:

lol, Ijaws aren't even 2% of Ondo state. There are more Igalas in Anambra than there are Ijaws in Ondo state.
Moreso the Ijaws there are even mixed... such as this Oba.
So tell me, how else do you describe a state that is more than 98% Yoruba if not a Yoruba state?

help me enlighten the mumu barcnista o. this oba is not purely an I jaw man but a Yoruba/ijaw man.

3 Likes

Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by ojoisimi(m): 11:34am On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

What about the Edo speaking towns in Akoko axis? There are itsekiri villages in Ondo too. Also, many Ilaje and Ikale people do not identify themselves as yoruba people. I have met some of them who claim to be distinct from yoruba just like the itsekiris do.

see lie in its pinnacle

2 Likes

Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by ojoisimi(m): 11:41am On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

Mr man, stop these lies now. haba! I'm an irele guy and I have never seen any ikale person that says such. its something else these days when one person from his far away clan will be claiming to know more than the ondo onile.

1 Like

Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by orimsamsam(m): 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
ojoisimi:

Mr man, stop these lies now. haba! I'm an irele guy and I have never seen any ikale person that says such. its something else these days when one person from his far away clan will be claiming to know more than the ondo onile.
the guy is a bloody fool. I don't knw wht always wrong with all this Igbos, lying to support there selfish argument.

Ilaje, ikale akoko . they are pure yoruba
Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by YourNemesis: 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

All the Edo speaking towns have been systematically demarcated into Edo state. Infact Ondo lost Sobe to Edo state because the town spoke an Edo-ish language, while Edo lost Imeri to Ondo for being a Yoruba speaking town. As it stands today if more demarcation was to be done on language basis, Edo state will be the one to lose more settlements to Ondo and not the other way round.
As for Ikales and Ilajes what else are they if not Yoruba? that you met one or two of them saying they are not does not mean anything. Moreso, they might have said that in an environment where the anti Yoruba sentiments are very high to protect themselves.
Their towns are Ayetoro, Mahin, Igbokoda, Atijere, Shabomi, Obe Nla, Olotu, Idogun, Ugbo Nla, Oroto, Alagbon etc. All Yoruba. Infact the Ikales and Ilajes are the people the ijaws of Ondo are mixed with linguistically and culturally, that makes them not fully Ijaw.

1 Like

Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by ianSweet(f): 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
YourNemesis:

All the Edo speaking towns have been systematically demarcated into Edo state. Infact Ondo lost Sobe to Edo state because the town spoke an Edo-ish language, while Edo lost Imeri to Ondo for being a Yoruba speaking town. As it stands today if more demarcation was to be done on language basis, Edo state will be the one to lose more settlements to Ondo and not the other way round.
As for Ikales and Ilajes what else are they if not Yoruba? that you met one or two of them saying they are not does not mean anything. Moreso, they might have said that in an environment where the anti Yoruba sentiments are very high to protect themselves.
Their towns are Ayetoro, Mahin, Igbokoda, Atijere, Shabomi, Obe Nla, Olotu, Idogun, Ugbo Nla, Oroto, Alagbon etc. All Yoruba. Infact the Ikales and Ilajes are the people the ijaws of Ondo are mixed with linguistically and culturally, that makes them not fully Ijaw.

U are right, but there are still some edo speaking towns left in Akoko LGAs. Find out, i have met people from these places, they even answer Edo names, just that i have forgotten the name of the towns.
What abt the itsekiri communities that were carved into Ondo state?
Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by ianSweet(f): 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
ojoisimi:

orimsamsam:
the guy is a bloody fool. I don't knw wht always wrong with all this Igbos, lying to support there selfish argument.
Ilaje, ikale akoko . they are pure yoruba

I am a lady and not a guy. I did my youth service in Okiti pupa. So i came in contact with a lot of Ondo folks.
I have met many of these Ilajes and Ikales who say they are not yorubas but they understand yoruba.
I am from Kogi state.
Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by orimsamsam(m): 3:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

I am a lady and not a guy. I did my youth service in Okiti pupa. So i came in contact with a lot of Ondo folks.
I have met many of these Ilajes and Ikales who say they are not yorubas but they understand yoruba.
I am from Kogi state.
good of u then. I school in ondo state. I have many ilaje friends. This guyz will never tell u dey are not yorubas. Never. They are full Yorubas

1 Like

Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by ehix89(m): 4:31pm On Jul 11, 2017
threadstone:

Baale nta 'gbo
Iyawo n' ta oti
Omo n'gbowo ita

Ede le e fesu labule

Esu ti dabule naa.

grin grin grin
Hello Threadstone, this is ehix89 from FSWP thread, its almost impossible accessing the messages you sent to me via inbox, i was thinking if you could drop your number here so i can contact you. I had to quote you elsewhere for privacy, we will edit as soon i get your digit. Thanks.
Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by MayorofLagos(m): 1:22am On Jul 12, 2017
UnclePati:
Just as Fulani took over kwara.......

Ijaws may possibly take Ondo.....from the sophisticated indigenous Sudanese people.

Anyway our own na to sit down look and observe from south east / south south. ...

Did you not see his last name...Ajiroba?
Beside, read Ijaw roots. They are not Jews, their root is dotted to Ife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) by threadstone(m): 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
ehix89:
Hello Threadstone, this is ehix89 from FSWP thread, its almost impossible accessing the messages you sent to me via inbox, i was thinking if you could drop your number here so i can contact you. I had to quote you elsewhere for privacy, we will edit as soon i get your digit. Thanks.

Resent an email to you. Its not cool dropping numbers publicly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife, His Wife And High Chiefs Worship At A Church In Canada. Photos / Osu Caste System Abolished In Irete, Owerri West LGA / Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.