Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October (7000 Views)

Poll: Who wins?

Chelsea: 81% (31 votes)
Blackburn: 13% (5 votes)
Draw: 5% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs Manchester City (0 - 0) On 25th October 2015 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014 / Manchester United Vs Blackburn (2 - 3) On Saturday 31st December 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by Ibime(m): 5:27pm On Oct 22, 2009
Chelsea take on the Lancastrians in a 17.30 (GMT, NT) kick-off at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. . . .

Chelsea go into this clash buoyed by a comfortable 4-0 win over Athletico Madrid in the Champions League, but with question marks still hanging over their defending after conceding soft goals from set-pieces against Wigan and Aston Villa in recent weeks. Blackburn go into this match on the back of a 3-2 win over Burnley, but still smarting from a 6-2 thrashing against Arsenal on their last visit to London.

Ricardo Carvalho will probably make way for Branislav Ivanovic in keeping with Carlo Ancelotti’s preference for the latter in games which are expected to involve a lot of aerial challenges. Carvalho’s performance at set-pieces against Aston Villa also weakens his case for inclusion against Blackburn. Didier Drogba will also have to be more diligent at set-piece marking after losing James Collins for Aston Villa’s winner last week, especially as he is the only Chelsea player with the physical profile to mark Blackburn’s Chris Samba effectively. The Congolese goliath is an ever-present threat from aerial balls, and Ancelotti would have been hoping that Alex was available for selection but with only 45 minutes of reserve action under his belt this season, this game comes too soon for the Brazilian centre-back. Michael Ballack makes a welcome return from injury as he is one of Chelsea’s most effective players from set-pieces. Ancelotti will also be glad of his return as Essien, Belletti and Lampard have been unable to effectively fill his shoes on the right-side of the diamond whenever he has been injured.

Thankfully for the Pensioners, one of Blackburn’s stellar performers is Franco Di Santo, the Chelsea loanee who is prohibited from playing against his parent club. Di Santo’s absence throws up a dilemma for Sam Allardyce. Nicola Kalinic, the big-money summer recruit from Hadjuk Split is still struggling to adapt to the English game whilst the portly Benni McCarthy is too work-shy to merit inclusion in the first eleven. In Di-Santo’s absence, Allardyce is likely to recall Jason Roberts, with David Dunn deployed just behind him in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Blackburn’s tactical set-up is a slight variant of the 4-5-1 formation first used in England by Sam Allardyce before Jose Mourinho adopted it at Chelsea. The irony is that Chelsea have now dropped their tried and trusted 4-5-1/4-3-3 in favour of a diamond formation which ensures that Chelsea always have an extra man in midfield, but are exposed on the wings as the onus is on the full-backs to provide their attacking width.

The extra man in midfield is Deco, and Chelsea fans will be hoping that he can help his midfield dominate possession sufficiently enough to deny Blackburn the opportunity to win set-pieces. The lilliputian midfielder is back in favour after falling victim to Guus Hiddink’s preference for a more physical approach. Chelsea fans will recall Deco’s performance away to Stoke last season, where Deco dominated possession so exclusively that Stoke were denied the opportunity to win throw-ins from which Rory Delap could launch his gravity-resistant projectiles. With Petr Cech in shaky form, Chelsea will be hoping that Deco can have the same effect on Saturday.

All said, it should be an interesting match. Let the games begin. . . . .

Chelsea (fromsmiley Cech, Bosingwa, Belletti, Ivanovic, Carvalho, Terry, Cole, Zhirkov, Essien, Ballack, Deco, Lampard, Malouda, Cole, Anelka, Kalou, Drogba

Blackburn (fromsmiley Robinson, Jacobsen, Chimbonda,  Emerton, Samba, Givet, Nelson, Olsson, N’Zonzi, Grella, Andrews, Diouf, Pederson, Roberts, McCarthy, Kalinic
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
Na you go be the official CFC matchday thread author.

CFC to spank Blackburn.
Score, 2 nil in favour of the Blues.
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by mukina2: 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2009
Nice . . .
Add a poll . . wink
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by Cristalz(f): 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2009
Was about saying the same thing. . .needs a poll.

Thanks for the effort.

What's Blackburn's recent form like?
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2009
Match facts

Chelsea are looking for the 200th Premier League win at Stamford Bridge.

Blackburn have failed to score in their last six league meetings with Chelsea.

Only Arsenal (6) have won more times at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League than Blackburn (5).

Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 15 league games at Stamford Bridge and have won the last six in a row.

The Blues have only conceded one goal in their last five games at Stamford Bridge and one of the clean sheets in that run was a 2-0 win against Rovers.

Nicolas Anelka has scored 10 goals in 12 Premier League starts against Rovers - he has not been more prolific against any other opponent.

Didier Drogba has scored three goals in four Premier League appearances against Rovers.
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by Borat1: 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2009
Gaskiya. . .
Ibime will be doesing our matchday thread from now on grin
A good win for chelsea, but i also forsee another set-piece gaffe.
3-1
Chelsea Recent Form: WWWLWL
Blackburn Recent Form: DWLWLW
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by bammy(m): 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2009
wotever,

we are winning , 2nil
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by ndcide(m): 12:22am On Oct 23, 2009
another surprise loss for chelsea

Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by tayoccu(m): 10:26am On Oct 23, 2009
chelsea 0 blackburn 1
(ball cannons off ref to beat cech grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by HNIC(m): 10:47am On Oct 23, 2009
Chelsea should win this easily.
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 23, 2009
Blackburn and Sam Allardyce are not a push-over.

I wouldn't want to be overly confident especially as our form has been indifferent.
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by tayoccu(m): 12:41pm On Oct 23, 2009
a chelsea fan speaks the truth
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by Ekwere(m): 1:04pm On Oct 23, 2009
@Tayoccu

Go and sit down hit your hating head on the hard wall, the more you hate Chelsea the more we surprise you.

Get off this thread or betterstill go and play with children on the sand
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by bandely(m): 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2009
Good one Ekwere.

Was about telling him the same thing.

You suck Tayoccu tongue
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by mukina2: 1:19pm On Oct 23, 2009
Cheksli to lose tongue
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by tkb417(m): 1:23pm On Oct 23, 2009
Chelsea to win by force tongue
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by tayoccu(m): 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2009
Ekwere:

@Tayoccu

Go and sit down hit your hating head on the hard wall, the more you hate Chelsea the more we surprise you.

Get off this thread or betterstill go and play with children on the sand

bandely:

Good one Ekwere.

Was about telling him the same thing.

You suck Tayoccu tongue

y'all better be careful cos i sting!

back to the issue chelsea 0 blackburn 1
anybody that has a problem with my prediction should go jump off 3rd mainland bridge,and i don't mean bungiee jumping.
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by Ekwere(m): 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2009
tayoccu:

y'all better be careful cos i sting!

back to the issue chelsea 0 blackburn 1
anybody that has a problem with my prediction should go jump off 3rd mainland bridge,and i don't mean bungiee jumping.

I shoot with AK47 or bazoka and I would blow ur bleeping head off and at the end of the day, we shall know. You silly thing
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by tayoccu(m): 2:01pm On Oct 23, 2009
chei!
which kind agbero dey follow chelsea these days?
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by Ekwere(m): 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2009
tayoccu:

chei!
which kind agbero dey follow chelsea these days?

When you started it you never remembered that you are the Chief Agbero,attacking my beloved club would put you in a very tight corner

I hope next time you would be careful or fire go burn to ashes
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by tayoccu(m): 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2009
look here old man,
roll out all your aks,bazookas(not bazoka), roll out whatever you got, it ain't enough to make me back off taunting your pathetic pensioner signing team. tongue
chelsea 0 blackburn 1
john terry red card
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by Ekwere(m): 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2009
Weda it is bazuuka or bazooka, Chelsea is carrying the day as usual.

Let us come out for spelling competition and let see who would win, Idiot and silly son of a bitch like you telling me that I was wrong with my shortened spelling I used.

Since i am an old man, you must learn how to respect your elders or did you not have good home training ?

Hey you dont you just start ok
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by bandely(m): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2009
tayoccu, have you taken that your brain injection? tongue
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by Ekwere(m): 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2009
bandely:

hahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Laugh want kill me die

Bandely u have made day
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by khanye(m): 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2009
Ekwere:

Let us come out for spelling competition and let see who would win, Idiot and silly son of a bitch like you telling me that I was wrong with my shortened spelling I used.

Since i am an old man, you must learn how to respect your elders or did you not have good home training ?

easy mr rugby team supporter grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by tayoccu(m): 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2009
Ekwere:

Let us come out for spelling competition and let see who would win, Idiot and s[b]illy son of a bitch[/b] like you telling me that I was wrong with my shortened spelling I used.

@ least I know who my mother is . . .
she was around to instill proper etiquette in me tongue

bandely:

I thought you were dumb, but you've surpassed your previous mark, you are irredeemably retarded.
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by Ekwere(m): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2009
@Khanye,

Look at your bighead like hammer head of horror to call Chlease rugby team, I remember when you posited that Atletico Madrid would win Chelsea but after the match you ran away from the nairaland only to appear today to write some craps because you have access to a pc, I no blame you shaa because UEFA connived to do away with Chelsea

Go and suck with your team that, lost a relatively unknown team and Xavi is crying like a baby that the did not deserve to lose as if they are invincible.

I bless the name of the Lord the day I choose Almighty Chelsea over any club, even if we lose I am with Chelsea afterall in life, we would not win win and win alright
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by khanye(m): 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2009
Ekwere:

@Khanye,

Look at your bighead like hammer head of horror to call Chlease rugby team, I remember when you posited that Atletico Madrid would win Chelsea but after the match you ran away from the nairaland only to appear today to write some craps because you have access to a pc, I no blame you shaa because UEFA connived to do away with Chelsea

Go and suck with your team that, lost a relatively unknown team and Xavi is crying like a baby that the did not deserve to lose as if they are invincible.

I bless the name of the Lord the day I choose Almighty Chelsea over any club, even if we lose I am with Chelsea afterall in life, we would not win win and win alright

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp0VWxcsjZ8&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash] grin cheesy
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by bandely(m): 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2009
@ Khanye, u don come again? grin

Tayoccu, you suck believe me, probably today's hot weather is disturbing you, get Ice block and put it on your head! tongue

@Ekwere, leave Tayoccu, I no wetin dey do am.
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by khanye(m): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2009
bandely:

@ Khanye, u don come again? grin

tell ur dude to stop ranting grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by tayoccu(m): 3:27pm On Oct 23, 2009
ibime call your rabid mongrels to order!
Re: Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October by kristos(m): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2009
Ekwere:

Ekwere:

I shoot with AK47 or bazoka and I would blow your bleeping head off and at the end of the day, we shall know. You silly thing

I have noted how you dish out insults without any reason. There was no need to start abusing tayoccu. He has a right as much as you to post his opinion about chelscum.
@ topic
chelstwats to lose

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Basel: UCL ( 1 - 1) oN 9th December 2014 / Liverpool Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On Saturday 15th October 2011 / Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.