Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,129 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Farm Management 101 - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farm Management 101 (990 Views)

Farm Management / How To Get Hybrid Cocoa Seedling T. C series In Nigeria /cocoa Farm Management / Practical Farm Management Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farm Management 101 by Emempaul(m): 10:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
1. B ready to shout, get angry and even provoked but most especially, be flexible in ur dealings with workers

2. Neva take any infection/infestation for granted as dey my destroy ur farm

3. Make certain dat wen leasing a land, the accurate measure is taken. Else freewill donationt will b ur new name
Re: Farm Management 101 by Emempaul(m): 11:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
4. U cant b a farm manager and not b ready to sweat it out. Note dat ur workers follow by example and will only b motivated wen dey c u working

5. Farming is fun wen d right steps are taking at the right time
Re: Farm Management 101 by Emempaul(m): 7:36am On Oct 19, 2016
Internet farming- its good doing research using internet. But d moment u start real practical farming u find out find out dat dere is more to farming dan meets d eyes
- disappointment frm labour
- " " " from market in terms of pricing
- " " " from pest and diseases
- " " " from farm inputs sellers who hike price at their will and creat artificial scarsity
Re: Farm Management 101 by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:12am On Oct 19, 2016
Emempaul:
1. B ready to shout, get angry and even provoked but most especially, be flexible in ur dealings with workers

2. Neva take any infection/infestation for granted as dey my destroy ur farm

3. Make certain dat wen leasing a land, the accurate measure is taken. Else freewill donationt will b ur new name
Nice one.
Re: Farm Management 101 by Emempaul(m): 9:33am On Oct 19, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:
Nice one.
thanks alot
Re: Farm Management 101 by Emempaul(m): 9:58am On Oct 19, 2016
Herds men and farmers- a major pain in d behind for farmers. If u complain of destruction, they offer meager amount as compensation. If u retaliate by siezing their cow they retaliate by killing farmers. So what is solution?
pray and fast for 100days n nite once dey come,d cows c ur lush cassava leaves and are not interested- STORY FOR THE gods

fencing ur 50 ha farm with nearly 20million only for u to wake up one day n c d handwork of cows on ur farm(u go find cry tire) for d strong heart.(heart attack/high B.P) for d weak heart

hiring nite watch with local hunters gun vs fulani herds men with AK47- well, may d best man win

coming together as a group of farmers in the community + community leaders n holding talks with the herds men on peaceful coexistence as well as tactically threatening them there by passing ur msg across- now thats an idea
Re: Farm Management 101 by TAjala: 5:04am On Oct 22, 2016
Emempaul:
Internet farming- its good doing research using internet. But d moment u start real practical farming u find out find out dat dere is more to farming dan meets d eyes
- " " " from farm inputs sellers who hike price at their will and creat artificial scarsity
Emempaul:
Emempaul:
4. U cant b a farm manager and not b ready to sweat it out. Note dat ur workers follow by example and will only b motivated wen dey c u working

5. Farming is fun wen d right steps are taking at the right time

Hi. I'm very interested in farming in Nigeria, where do you suggest I start my research from? How do I go about it? Any and every advice is appreciated
Re: Farm Management 101 by Emempaul(m): 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2016
U must note dis, in farming there is no room for absentee farmer.

Know d type of crop u want to plant, do a thorough research on market value, target market, add value etc (in dis case real time update/survey of the crop). Meaning ''U" personally ave to b involved
Re: Farm Management 101 by Emempaul(m): 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
For farm managers like me, pls and pls dont mess with the weather and also rememba dat ur farmhands are pple children.
I just got to hear dat d broda of one of my farmhands who is working on another farm close to me was struck by lighten and killed instantly yesterday.
It was a needless and aviodable incident if the farm manager had simply waited till after the rains before he sent his farmhands out to work.
No matter how lite d rain is, if thunder and lighten accompanies the rain den avoid d field at all cost till d weather clears.
Now his mistake will cost him alot
Re: Farm Management 101 by Emempaul(m): 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2016
During any farming operation, Do wat nids to be done on time and as at wen due as failure to do so will lead to stories that torches
Re: Farm Management 101 by Emempaul(m): 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
I just had to lift this from a thread i was viewing not so long for those internet farmers. Its just the plain truth wen it comes to agriculture. Read and learn.
@ all parties involved pls pardon my lifting

Re: We Now Buy Plantain In
Large Quantity by
TAEpiphany: 2:21pm On Feb
26, 2015
Mr World1,
Don't take it personal, I don't
think he meant that
statement to be an attack on
you. GGfadar is one of the
truth-tellers regarding
plantain on this forum. Check
a lot of the articles, you are
led to believe plantain can be
sold between 1000 - 1500
per bunch always. There are
talks of demand being higher
than supply, and that it's a
farmers market.
But here you are professing
that if you get 750 per bunch
you are lucky. I'm thinking
the per kilo will not include
the plantain stalk, so the
person calculating 750 is
generous, it sounds to me
more like 400- 600 per bunch
depending on the size. Even
lower if the plantains are not
bulky.
Produce market can be very
dicey, there are times in the
ever ready Mile12 market
that a bunch has been sold
for 150 naira per bunch, just
like cassava there was glut.
Too much produce not
enough buyers, I haven't
seen any of these internet
farmers advice on how prices
can crash just like the forex
market. No price control, you
can sell for 1500 naira today
in Mile12 and 150 naira next
week. Other markets?
Everybody is looking for a
deal and an opportunity to
rip-off. As a farmer with a
perishable item, you receive
the short end of the stick.
Re: Farm Management 101 by Emempaul(m): 9:13pm On Mar 23, 2017
ABOUT THE CASSAVA INITIATIVE COOPERATIVE

Since the advent of the previous govt, The outlook for the
agricultural sector started having a positive outlook and cassava the
once neglected crop became a hot cake.

But also came the middlemen who
position themselves to reap off the famers with poor pricing, hence
the need arose for a "strong voice" - a cooperative

The aim of the cooperative is to be able to aid ourselves not to be at
the mercies of market men and women as well as middlemen who think that they can increase or crash prices at their will.

For these reasons, the cooperative will be all about:-

1. Organising ourselves as cassava farmers

2. Picking areas in which we as a cooperative can help each other in
the form of marketing and processing

3. As a united voice approach govt agencies like BOI, BOA, FMARD and
even international donor agencies for grants, credit facilities with single digits interest rates and even interventions dat enable we farmers grow and make profits

4. Also approach industries dat can serve as our financier for huge projects that can favour both parties

5. Put resources together to setup SME dat in turn processes our cassava into finished goods thereby effectively freeing ourselves from
the grip of middlemen and entering into the finished goods market both locally
and internationally

6. Monthly or quarterly meetings to discuss natters affecting us as a cooperative as related to the current realities of the nation

7. We are no longer looking to just sell fresh tubers cos now with the aid of the cooperative we can fund ourselves to build a local processing factory to process our produce effectively cutting off middlemen

So how can we be part of

THE CASSAVA INITIATIVE COOPERATIVE

1. Have at least an acre with the ongoing 2017 cassava farming season

2. Be an active member by attending meetings

3. Pickup ur forms at any of our designated points or representative

(temporary office):-

FINMBA FARMS LTD. Off idiroko border road oko-eiye after custom check point Ogun state.

REPRESENTATIVES:

1. Mr Solomon
Meiran and environs

2. Mr David
Abule Egba and
environs

3. Mr. Mba
Lekki / Idiroko border
and environs

4. Mr Odewale
Victoria island and
environs

5. Alhaji Oyeleke
Ojo and environs

6. Mr Emem Paul
Owode and environs

The launch of the

CASSAVA INITIATIVE COOPERATIVE

Will be taking place on the 1st of April 2017

Venue:
FINMBA FARMS LTD.

Off idiroko border road oko-eye after custom check point Ogun state.

Time: 10:00 am

Attend this cassava revolution and be part of this opportunity
STANDARD IMPACT GROUP

(1) (Reply)

Help ..... Help For Broiler Formula / Get Your Super Gro At An Affordable Price / GNLD Super Gro The Wonderful Natural Liquid Fertilizer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.