Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,562 members, 7,861,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:37 PM

Please I Need Help Lighting A Coal Stove - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please I Need Help Lighting A Coal Stove (1690 Views)

Lighting Strike(thunder) Kills Cows In Ondo State (pics) / This Is The Reason You Need Independent Surrounding Security Lighting System / Green Stove For Cooking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help Lighting A Coal Stove by eldeeBaba(m): 6:49am On Oct 19, 2016
Goodmorning guys! i recently bought a coal stove so as to heat up my poultry, but I've tried unsuccessfully to fire it up, ive used kerosene, petrol and even diesel but the flame will just burn out.

pls can anybody tell me how to light it?

Re: Please I Need Help Lighting A Coal Stove by Smartademu(m): 7:02am On Oct 19, 2016
Are there perforations underneath?
Re: Please I Need Help Lighting A Coal Stove by eldeeBaba(m): 7:08am On Oct 19, 2016
No just by the sides
Re: Please I Need Help Lighting A Coal Stove by Sensie(f): 7:34am On Oct 19, 2016
Then maybe the charcoal is not good. Try using leather, pieces of plastics and paper to light it. Put the paper and leather under a layer of the charcoal then put the plastics ontop of it and light the leather and paper and let it burn till the flame dies out then fan till the top charcoal is glowing red. It will spread to the others. Hope this helps. Good morning
Re: Please I Need Help Lighting A Coal Stove by eldeeBaba(m): 8:22am On Oct 19, 2016
thank you will surely try your method
Re: Please I Need Help Lighting A Coal Stove by jfkenny(m): 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
eldeeBaba:
thank you
will surely try your method
His method will work. U can also get pieces of wood, soak in kerosene put beneath a layer of the coal. Light it up, allow the flame to burn out, fan till it gets to other coal. It is really hard for a Novice,i was once in ur shoes..
Re: Please I Need Help Lighting A Coal Stove by eddyline(m): 2:10am On Oct 20, 2016
also load the coal in such a way that you have a hollow middle where you can put in the paper, pieces of wood or polythene. light and leave till the flame goes off then fan the coal
Re: Please I Need Help Lighting A Coal Stove by Abramgreen: 7:20pm On Jan 05, 2019
If you are ready,I will give you notes on making briquettes that fire readily and cost far less than charcoal. Mail me here:aabrahama18@gmail.com.
Re: Please I Need Help Lighting A Coal Stove by Ameboperoo(m): 12:23pm On Jan 06, 2019
Abramgreen:
If you are ready,I will give you notes on making briquettes that fire readily and cost far less than charcoal. Mail me here:aabrahama18@gmail.com.
Tell us more about this here.
Re: Please I Need Help Lighting A Coal Stove by ezra4real: 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2019
please i am interested dpo7454322gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

10 Weeks Broilers Needed / 17 Weaners Available For Sale / Cp1 Stone Free Rice Available At Dawanu Market Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.