Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,497 members, 7,958,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:01 PM

Judge Links Travail To Alleged Bribery Attempt By Amaechi. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Judge Links Travail To Alleged Bribery Attempt By Amaechi. (361 Views)

Alleged Bribery: House Of Rep Summons Nsima Ekere, Ricky Tafa, Others / Osbornegate: Why We Are Yet To Recover $43m Stolen By Amaechi – Wike / 7 Things To Attempt In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Judge Links Travail To Alleged Bribery Attempt By Amaechi. by uneeking(m): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2016
Embattled Justice of the Supreme Court, John Inyang Okoro, yesterday fired back, linking his travails to his refusal to do the bidding of the Transport Minister, Chibuike Amaechi.

Justice Okoro, who was one of the judges arrested recently by the Department of State Services (DSS) over alleged corruption said Amaechi attempted to use him to compromise the outcome of election petitions in Akwa Ibom, Abia and Rivers states at the Supreme Court.

According to Justice Okoro, Amaechi visited his official residence and told him that the All Progressives Congress (APC) must win their election appeals in respect of Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Abia at all costs. The justice added that the minister informed him that the decision to compromise the election appeal had the endorsement of the president.

Justice Okoro’s revelation is contained in his letter to the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), dated October 17, explaining the circumstances surrounding the invasion of his official residence and arrest by DSS.
His words: “My lord, I strongly believe that this my travail is not unconnected with the verbal report I made to you on February 1, 2016 about the visit to my official residence by Rotimi Amaechi, former governor of Rivers State and now Minister of Transport. In that report, I told you my lord, that Amaechi said that the president of Nigeria and the APC mandated him to inform me that they must win their election appeals in respect of Rivers State, Akwa Ibom State and Abia State at all costs.

“For Akwa Ibom State, he alleged that he sponsored Mr. Umana Umana, candidate of the APC for that election and that if he lost Akwa Ibom appeal, he would have lost a fortune. Mr. Amaechi also said that he had already visited you and that you had agreed to make me a member of the panel that would hear the appeals. He further told me that Mr. Umana would be paying me millions of naira monthly if I co-operated with them. My response, as I told you on that date was that it does not lie within my power to grant his request and that I would do all within my power not to be on the panel for Akwa Ibom State.

More @ http://uneekomunikations.com/wp/judge-links-travail-to-alleged-bribery-attempt-by-amaechi/

(1) (Reply)

A Guide To $1 Web Hosting Companies / Law Students In Nigeria To Hold Their First National Convention / OPTIMISTIC: Nigeria News: 10 Things You Need To Know This Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.