Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

S3x Worker Sells Daughter In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / S3x Worker Sells Daughter In Lagos (823 Views)

Mother-In-Law Dies After Her Daughter-In-Law Poured Hot Water Mixed With Pepper / Man Caught Sleeping With His Teenage Step Daughter In Akwa Ibom. Photo / Man Kills Wife, Daughter In Abuja Because He Couldn't Feed Them (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S3x Worker Sells Daughter In Lagos by yungcrae(m): 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2016

A s3x worker, Grace Aghomi, who allegedly sold her daughter for N60,000, today appeared before an Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos on a two-count charge.

Thirty-seven-year-old Aghomi sold her child to a woman, simply identified as Endurance, on Sept. 30 at Badagry, Lagos, according to the prosecutor, Insp. Daniel Ighodalo.Ighodalo told the court that Endurance was at large, adding that the offences contravened Sections 142 and 274(1) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011. The accused, however, pleaded not guilty.

The Chief Magistrate, granted bail to the sex worker in the sum of N50,000 with one surety in like sum. Awogboro adjourned the case till Nov. 21 for further hearing.

Source: http://nignews.com.ng/s3x-worker-sells-daughter-in-lagos/
Re: S3x Worker Sells Daughter In Lagos by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2016
Somebody sold her own daughter and it's now a crime? Hmm. Wahala.
What if the only survival money the mother makes is from her business and is only enough to feed one individual daily? It means she would indirectly breed a future prostitute because the child would follow her mother's example to make ends meet.
It's a free world, she can sell her child. It's highly likely the woman she sold the child to would raise her better than the mother ever can.

1 Like

Re: S3x Worker Sells Daughter In Lagos by neocortex: 7:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
charix:
What if the only survival money the mother makes is from her business and is only enough to feed one individual daily? It means she would indirectly breed a future prostitute because the child would follow her mother's example to make ends meet.
It's a free world, she can sell her child. It's highly likely the women she sold the child to would raise her better than the mother ever can.

The question is why will a lazy prostitute get pregnant and give birth ?
Re: S3x Worker Sells Daughter In Lagos by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
neocortex:

The question is why will a lazy prostitute would get pregnant and give birth ?
Accidents happen, condoms burst.

1 Like

Re: S3x Worker Sells Daughter In Lagos by neocortex: 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
charix:

Accidents happen, condoms burst.

Prostitutes are professionals, even if condom bursts
they know what to do.
My guess is this one deliberately gave birth for business
purposes.
Re: S3x Worker Sells Daughter In Lagos by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
neocortex:

Prostitutes are professionals, even if condom bursts they know what to do. My guess is this one deliberately gave birth for business purposes.
Possible also.
Re: S3x Worker Sells Daughter In Lagos by sisisioge: 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
charix:
It's a free world, she can sell her child. It's highly likely the woman she sold the child to would raise her better than the mother ever can.

Oga, it is called human trafficking! Its a punishable offense. If she could no longer care for the child, she could just give her up for adoption legally. I think some are allowed to get financial compensation sef...
Re: S3x Worker Sells Daughter In Lagos by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
sisisioge:

Oga, it is called human trafficking! Its a punishable offense.
Why is it legal for adoption agencies to sell of one's child but not the parent personally? This is like the marijuana debate where the government flexes muscles unnecessarily.

If she could no longer care for the child, she could just give her up for adoption legally.
I believe this should come as a secondary option when the chance to sell the child off personally is already available.

I think some are allowed to get financial compensation sef...
Never have I read of this happen. Would google now to check if there are such cases. Majority of people who give children off for adoption do it because they have no other method of giving it out. If neighbours existed who'd pay for the child they wouldn't go this route.

[UPDATE]
A quick google search later I've discovered my original assumption was accurate: adoption agencies don't pay mothers for their children. Already pregnant mothers get special care in the form of medical expenses, health bills, rent etc getting paid to ensure they birth the child safely. They get no compensation of any sort for putting the child up for adoption.

Opinion: I prefer women selling children they can't take care of to childless couples.

Source: http://www.americanadoptions(dot)com/pregnant/article_view/article_id/4415
Re: S3x Worker Sells Daughter In Lagos by sisisioge: 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
charix:

Why is it legal for adoption agencies to sell of one's child but not the parent personally? This is like the marijuana debate where the government flexes muscles unnecessarily.

I believe this should come as a secondary option when the chance to sell the child off personally is already available.

Never have I read of this happen. Would google now to check if there are such cases. Majority of people who give children off for adoption do it because they have no other method of giving it out. If neighbours existed who'd pay for the child they wouldn't go this route.

[UPDATE]
A quick google search later I've discovered my original assumption was accurate: adoption agencies don't pay mothers for their children. Already pregnant mothers get special care in the form of medical expenses, health bills, rent etc getting paid to ensure they birth the child safely. They get no compensation of any sort for putting the child up for adoption.

Opinion:I prefer women selling children they can't take care of to childless couples.

Source: http://www.americanadoptions(dot)com/pregnant/article_view/article_id/4415

grin grin grin you are really a lonnney ke? Women should sell off their children (if they want to), you kept hammering! Well in simpler terms...it is illegal! The adoption agencies that handle adoption processes are licenced to "sell" the babies(borrowing your term) Ever heard of prescription marijuana? Yeah, some people are legally permitted to handle that too.

Pls don't ask why...the society deliberately have channels in charge of making, interpreting and enforcing the law. Geskia
Re: S3x Worker Sells Daughter In Lagos by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
sisisioge:

grin grin grin you are really a lonnney ke? Women should sell off their children (if they want to), you kept hammering! Well in simpler terms...it is illegal! The adoption agencies that handle adoption processes are licenced to "sell" the babies(borrowing your term) Ever heard of prescription marijuana? Yeah, some people are legally permitted to handle that too.

Pls don't ask why...the society deliberately have channels in charge of making, interpreting and enforcing the law. Geskia
It is rubbish like this feminism and womens' rights groups should put in order and not irrelevant issues they keep chasing. It doesn't make sense why a female or couple can't sell off children they can't fend for. It would balance the wealth inequality gap to an extent because childless couples mostly have high amounts of disposable income.
Re: S3x Worker Sells Daughter In Lagos by sisisioge: 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
charix:

It is rubbish like this feminism and womens' rights groups should put in order and not irrelevant issues they keep chasing. It doesn't make sense why a female or couple can't sell off children they can't fend for. It would balance the wealth inequality gap to an extent because childless couples mostly have high amounts of disposable income.

... Ritualists won't need to kidnap anymore too. They could just buy from you nau. Pls stop quoting back...its gonna be a futile back & forth thing. The thought of a child or person being sold is appalling enough...let's not blow it out of proportion.

Good evening.

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Stolen Stolen Camry 2000 Pencil Light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Husband Bites Off Wife’s Nose Because She Couldn’t Pay His Expenses (photo) / 419 At It Again ; Door To Door Delivery Scam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.