Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

See 5 Bible Verses That 'prove' Christianity Is Not A Peaceful Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See 5 Bible Verses That 'prove' Christianity Is Not A Peaceful Religion (959 Views)

5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything / 5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers / 5 Bible Verses To Help Parents In Bringing Up Their Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See 5 Bible Verses That 'prove' Christianity Is Not A Peaceful Religion by aboy247: 8:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
Is Christianity Truly A Peaceful Religion? See 5 Bible Verses That 'Prove' Otherwise

For most Christians, the Bible or the Holy Bible as many call it is their yardstick. The book is revered, believed in some cases to possess magical powers and is also regarded as the law. Many will however be shocked by some verses of scripture in the Bible that they have not come across before. Here they are:

1. Deuteronomy 25:11

This Bible verse is weird, funny and kind of scary. Deuteronomy 25:11 says: “When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man by his privates, you must cut off her hand and show her no mercy.”

2. Psalms 137:9

This Bible verse is confusing and scary at the same time. It says: “Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.”

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt37u1jhp2ibp.e16f99cb.jpg[/img]

3. 2 Kings 2: 23 – 24

Elijah was obviously in a bad mood here, no other way to explain it. 2 Kings 2: 23 – 24 says: “And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. “And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.”

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt60gpkee1scs.bcaa1c5b.jpg[/img]

4. 1 Peter 2:18

On the matter of slavery, the Bible had these to say, at 1 Peter 2: 18: “Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.”

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt3kaadrnb2gu.7ca6a08d.jpg[/img]

5. Jeremiah 19:9

Cannibalism? This Bible verse proclaims some scary things. Jeremiah 19:9 says: “I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another’s flesh because their enemies will press the siege so hard against them to destroy them.”

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt396am86h9leg.b5fe39a3.jpg[/img]

SOURCE: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/religion/item/8565-is-christianity-truly-a-peaceful-religion-see-5-bible-verses-that-prove-otherwise
Re: See 5 Bible Verses That 'prove' Christianity Is Not A Peaceful Religion by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
people are looking for ways to make the world a better place while this goat of an op is here marketing stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: See 5 Bible Verses That 'prove' Christianity Is Not A Peaceful Religion by Chibuhealth(f): 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2016
You didnt understand that verse well and besides, this is the reason why we have new Testament...... Stop criticizing Christianity, Jesus never fail
Re: See 5 Bible Verses That 'prove' Christianity Is Not A Peaceful Religion by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2016
Is it now God's fault that you have refused to seek understanding? If you like, turn the bible upside-down, the name of Jesus will still do wonders.

You better stop being bitter and turn to Christ. There is salvation even for trouble makers like you. Shalom grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See 5 Bible Verses That 'prove' Christianity Is Not A Peaceful Religion by jopretty(f): 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2016
And have you seen any group of persons shouting, destroying properties and killing in the name of Jesus? If your answer is 'No' then quit searching the scriptures because you will end up disappointed.
Re: See 5 Bible Verses That 'prove' Christianity Is Not A Peaceful Religion by thesicilian: 9:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
When you wrestle with a pig, he will drag you into the mud. You get stained, but he'll enjoy it

1 Like

Re: See 5 Bible Verses That 'prove' Christianity Is Not A Peaceful Religion by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
People hardly understand the difference between the period of law and the hour of grace. The difference between the believers and the heathens is_the holy spirit_no religion on earth except Christianity is capable of giving the holy spirit_as long as you don't have it_you will never ever, ever comprehend Christianity even if you claim to be a Christian.

Christ came because of those type of verses_to give us something perfect_unblemished. It is the sick that need a physician not the healthy_ Christ did not give us those verses! God gave the Jews those laws and the rest because of their harden heart. Christ fulfilled the law and gave us grace_learn from the master he is meek and humble in spirit!
Re: See 5 Bible Verses That 'prove' Christianity Is Not A Peaceful Religion by Wilgrea7(m): 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
Daniel1990:
People hardly understand the difference between the period of law and the hour of grace. The difference between the believers and the heathens is_the holy spirit_no religion on earth except Christianity is capable of giving the holy spirit_as long as you don't have it_you will never ever, ever comprehend Christianity even if you claim to be a Christian.

Christ came because of those type of verses_to give us something perfect_unblemished. It is the sick that need a physician not the healthy_ Christ did not give us those verses! God gave the Jews those laws and the rest because of their harden heart. Christ fulfilled the law and gave us grace_learn from the master he is meek and humble in spirit!

the only law God gave the Israelites that i know of is the 10 commandments
Re: See 5 Bible Verses That 'prove' Christianity Is Not A Peaceful Religion by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2016
Wilgrea7:

the only law God gave the Israelites that i know of is the 10 commandments

Then, you are actually ignorant of the Bible! Google the word "book of laws in the old testament "and see how many books are regarded as the book of laws.
Re: See 5 Bible Verses That 'prove' Christianity Is Not A Peaceful Religion by Wilgrea7(m): 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
Daniel1990:

Then, you are actually ignorant of the Bible! Google the word "book of laws in the old testament "and see how many books are regarded as the book of laws.

yes sir
Re: See 5 Bible Verses That 'prove' Christianity Is Not A Peaceful Religion by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
Wilgrea7:

yes sir

Don't be offended, I don't mean to offend you_the word ignorant as I used it wasn't used in the context of insult. I'm sorry!

(1) (Reply)

Photo: See The Dead Man Raised To Life By Man Of God / The Call Of God / Apostle Johnson Suleiman Teachings And Quotes Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.