Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,095 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

15 Keys To Being Successful In Life #mustread - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 15 Keys To Being Successful In Life #mustread (448 Views)

Starting A Business 101 #mustread / How To Be Successful In Life / 5 Major Keys To Being The Perfect Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

15 Keys To Being Successful In Life #mustread by barnyolix(m): 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2016
*1.Think big.*
It's is less dangerous to set our aims high and fall short than setting our aims low and achieving our mark, aim big, it's ur blue print of success, it's the first plan, it is better to know your destination before the race begin than looking for a destination along the lane, you might just be running in circles. And please don't forget, don't just aim correctly, fire ur bow harder.

*2.Find what u love to do and do it.*

You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job not really for the pay, that is what I call, paying for my passion.
From me; "Study yourself to show yourself yourself".
You really have to know the present you before planning to build the later you, both you must share things in common.
I use to think that the difference BTW a black and a white is, we blacks work for money, and the white works for name. Now the real diff is, we look for what would better pay and they make a lot (not just money) out of what they could do best and enjoy doing (not sure of the silly idea tho, just an instinct).

*3. Learn how to balance life.*

From Phil Knight; “There is an immutable conflict at work in life and in business, a constant battle between peace and chaos. Neither can be mastered, but both can be influenced. How you go about that is the key to success.”
Please life is not a bed of roses, but you can always make your own bed of roses, life might come difficult, but the way u overcome is you main key to success.

*4. Defeat ur greatest enemy.*

I believe our greatest enemy and ally lie in us.
Fear & Doubts; these two are the first to attack us even before we start moving for success, it's in you yet could brake you. Be strong my dear, don't feed those two, they would reduce your believe and fighting spirit (your best ally).
You loose 100% of the shots you don't take at all, try making a shot, the outcome is still unknown until you make that shot.

*5. Do not be afraid of failure.*

From Henry Ford; “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”
From me; “Success is a failure and a manure“
Let your failure boost rather than the opposote

*6. Have an unwavering resolution to succeed.*

I made a resolve then that I was going to amount to something if I could. And no hours, nor amount of labour, nor amount of money would deter or stop me from giving the best that there was in me.
U no1 competitor is still yourself, challenge your self, it only set paces for yourself.

*7. Be a man of action.*

It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.
A new generation begins with us, be that change you wish to see.
Act and don't be acted upon, Nigeria is a great nation.

*8. Avoid conflicts.*

The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people.
Then when my mum would make troubles or get involved in one, i'll always tell her “Reduce you enemy, haters and leave long”
Your attention at early stage shldnt be upon the beefs you want to return.

*9. Don’t be afraid of introducing new ideas.*

From Mark Twain; “A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.”
Pst. Mathew never forgets to unveil to us that the world is ruled by ideas.
Can't you see, every generation is someone idea.
Let's be creative and smart thinkers. To all those who had ideas but think they can't make through, I got one secret for you, that idea chose you.

*10. Believe in your capacity to succeed.*

From Walter Disney; “If you can dream it, you can do it.”
No matter how big your dream is, I think u've got that chance to tell that dream how big you could get. Don't be weakened by the words of others, instead they should boost your morale.

*11. Always maintain a positive mental attitude.*

From Thomas Jefferson; “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”
For every character u exhibit, it has first been conceived in your mind. Please let's make our minds a yard of positive thoughts.

*12. Don’t let discouragement stop you from pressing on.*

From Abraham Lincoln; “Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed.”
What ever bad you experience, prevails when you let it get over you. Maintain that fighting spirit.

*13. Be willing to work hard.*

From JC Penny: “Unless you are willing to drench yourself in your work beyond the capacity of the average man, you are just not cut out for positions at the top.”
Hard work pays, no work no gain, you've got to make good use of you to be a better you.

*14. Be brave enough to follow your intuition.*

From Steve Jobs: “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
Pls o, this is different from following you instinct, it is following your heart, everyone has got something kicking in there heart. Following others motive about what you really good art is giving them the wheel of your life.

*15. Please share this.*
Be of benefit, don't have this alone.

Written by: Ig/tw @barnyolix

(1) (Reply)

Are We Aware Unemployment Caused By Lack Of Skills?? / For Home Tutorial In Orlu L.G In Imo State. / To Realize Your Full Potential – Resist The Enemy Within

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.