Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,983 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes (974 Views)

Dogs In Smoking Households Passively Puff More Than 3,000 Sticks A Year / End Time Dog: A Dog Seen Smoking, Causes Stir Online (Photos) / Watch An Ape Smoke Cigarettes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes by fogechi: 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
Planet of the vapes: Chain-smoking chimp puffs away on cigarettes - and even knows how to use a lighter - at North Korean zoo where she has developed a 20-a-day habit

A chain-smoking chimp is pulling in the crowds at a newly-opened zoo in North Korea where she has developed a 20-a-day habit.

The star of the zoo in the country's capital Pyongyang is Azalea, who has taught herself how to light her own cigarettes.

She now gets through a pack a day and has even picked up on how to feed her habit if there is no lighter available - by igniting her smokes with a discarded cigarette
The chimp also goes by the Korean name Dalle, and her trainer at the zoo helps feed her habit.

Though it would be frowned upon in many countries, locals are lapping it up at the attraction which re-opened in July.

The 19-year-old is one of two chimpanzees at the zoo, and visitors roared with laughter when she sat puffing away inside her enclosure today.

Her trainer egged her on, but insisted she does not inhale the smoke.

Azalea was also prompted to touch her nose, bow thank you and dance.

The zoo is pulling in thousands of visitors a day with a slew of attractions ranging from elephants, giraffes, penguins and monkeys to a high-tech natural history museum with displays showing the origins of the solar system and the evolution of life on earth.

Another of the most popular attractions that might come as a surprise to foreign visitors is the dog pavilion, which features everyday breeds like German shepherds and Shih Tsus.

The zoo also has performances featuring other animals trained to do tricks, including a monkey that slam dunks basketballs, dogs trained to use an abacus and doves that fly around and land on a woman skating on an indoor stage.

Renovations for the new zoo began in 2014 as part of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's efforts to create more modern and impressive structures and leisure centers around the capital.

The zoo actually dates back to 1959, when Kim Il Sung, the nation's first leader and the grandfather of Kim Jong Un, ordered for it to be built on the outskirts of the city.

According to its official history, the zoo started off with only 50 badgers

source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3851218/Planet-vapes-Chain-smoking-chimp-puffs-away-cigarettes-knows-use-lighter-North-Korean-zoo-opened-Kim-Jong-s-orders-developed-20-day-habit.html?ito=social-facebook

Re: Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes by fogechi: 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
cc lalasticlala
myd44
seun
Re: Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes by freesinzu(m): 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
We humans are heartless, y teach the chimp how to smoke. Animal services should rescue this ape before she dies of lung cancer.

P.S: can chimps get lung cancer undecided
Re: Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
fogechi:
cc lalasticlala
myd44
seun
any small tin una go dey call all these men to come and move what's' not worth FP.....
U smoke maiduguri leaf ni
Re: Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
freesinzu:
H
. Are u Hungry
Re: Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes by EyeofHorus: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
Cool monkey
Re: Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes by freesinzu(m): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
Jezyfreezman:
. Are u Hungry
You get food wey you fit give
Re: Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
freesinzu:
You get food wey you fit give
b4 i help u Abeg who u epp
Re: Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes by fogechi: 12:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
Jezyfreezman:
any small tin una go dey call all these men to come and move what's' not worth FP.....
U smoke maiduguri leaf ni

but bo0bs and snake worth front page

i smoked leaf from Jezyfreezman farm tongue tongue tongue
Re: Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes by freesinzu(m): 12:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
Jezyfreezman:
b4 i help u
Abeg who u epp
The poor smoking chimpanzee
Re: Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
freesinzu:

The poor smoking chimpanzee
see yah life.... Chimpanzee wey dey flex hin life grin
Re: Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
fogechi:

but bo0bs and snake worth front page

i smoked leaf from Jezyfreezman farm tongue tongue tongue
babe d'leaf in my farm can make u psycho, nah high grade leaf ooo grin
Re: Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes by freesinzu(m): 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
Jezyfreezman:
see yah life.... Chimpanzee wey dey flex hin life grin
angry e just fey do me like say make I give u E-slap angry
Re: Chain-smoking Chimp Puffs Away On Cigarettes by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
freesinzu:
angry e just fey do me like say make I give u E-slap angry
. grin

(1) (Reply)

Confused About The Breed (pictures) / Swap American Eskimo With A Boerbull Or Rott / Chap Chap Sale!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.