Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,939 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

This 63-year-old man Wants To Sit For Primary School Exams In November (photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This 63-year-old man Wants To Sit For Primary School Exams In November (photos) (1019 Views)

Meet Seribo Adelabu, 63-year-old SS II Student, Pushing Wheelbarrow To Pay SSCE / How Covenant University Students Sit For Exams (Photos) / Have You Ever Cheat(Carry Expo) In School Exams Before? Share!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This 63-year-old man Wants To Sit For Primary School Exams In November (photos) by tyokunbo(m): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
A 63-year-old grandfather in Kilifi County is among Standard Eight candidates slated to sit for this year’s Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) in November.

Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2016/10/20/this-63-year-old-grandfather-wants-to-sit-for-primary-school-exams-in-november-photo/

Below is the picture of the man.

Re: This 63-year-old man Wants To Sit For Primary School Exams In November (photos) by tyokunbo(m): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
Samuel Kazungu Kadenge, a father of 11, joined Standard Three at Ganze Primary School in July 2016 to be able to learn how to read and write.

Kadenge will sit for 2016 KCPE exams, which he says he is ready and is also eager to proceed to secondary school to attain the KCSE certificate.

“With the few months that I have been in school, I can say I am ready for KCPE, my dream is to proceed to secondary school so that I can qualify to be enrolled in a training college,” he was quoted by Nation.

He chose to got back to school at his old age after he was shortchanged and denied to manage an institution he founded, Kimbule Primary School.

Re: This 63-year-old man Wants To Sit For Primary School Exams In November (photos) by tyokunbo(m): 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
Kadenge said he was heartbroken after he was forced to hand over the school to the government because he was illiterate and could not be part of the management committee.

“I was blocked from sitting on the management committee of the school because I was illiterate, I was demoralized but on the other hand it reminded me the need to be literate,” he said.

He is now optimistic that he will pass his KCPE exams and KCSE exams to be able to become a teacher.

Kadenge also decided to go back to school to avoid being conned by people when receiving MPesa messages.

Anderson Kahindi, the headteacher at Ganze, said the old man is outgoing and religious adding that they are confident he will make them proud in KCPE.

Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2016/10/20/this-63-year-old-grandfather-wants-to-sit-for-primary-school-exams-in-november-photo/

(1) (Reply)

NDA 69th Regular Course Application Form For 2017/2018 Announced / 16 Top OAU Students In The 14/15 Edition Of The PTDF Scholarship Not Paid A Dime / Nigerian Student: Ifeoma White-thorpe Gets Accepted By All 8 Ivy League Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.