Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

We Are Equals - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / We Are Equals (520 Views)

Jamaica: Sodomites In The Land Always Equals Devil Worship & Child Sacrifice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Are Equals by preshwrites(f): 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
The true meaning of the words “Everything that goes around, comes around” never occurred to me until recently. I decided to talk about this because it’s an intrinsic part of our daily lifestyle and most individuals are guilty of the bad sides, while yet others feign ignorance or are too busy/in a hurry to even notice. Well, whichever might be the case when applied to “YOU” personally, have it in mind that it affects everyone. Therefore, this particular write-up is an eye opener for all, no matter the age, gender, religion, social, economic or educational status, tribe, achievements or personality.

Definitely, we come across fellow humans everyday of our lives. We could have contacts with them at work, school, market, shopping mall, cinemas, salon, bank, place of worship, mechanic workshop, gathering/party/function, hostels, bus and petrol stations, hotels, in a public vehicle, on the road or even in the house, …name them. Knowingly or unknowingly to us, we leave in them a positive mark or an indelible stigma even in the fewest of seconds of contact with them. A seamless friendly and warm smile, handshake or pat on the back, is capable of reinvigorating and encouraging a depressed soul next to you. These acts, as simple and negligible as they seem, can reduce high blood pressure as well as increase one’s life span. In recent times, it seems as if words such as: “Please, Thank You, I am Sorry, Well Done, Keep It Up”, have gone into extinction.

Naturally, everyone would want to feel special, be appreciated/commended and not to be made jest of or made to feel inferior. Afterall, God created us all equal. No matter one’s wealth, fame, position and achievements, we are equal in God’s sight. Nevertheless, no individual can be an island on his own. At one point or the other, we need one another’s help regardless of how little the help is. Suffice it to say that the poor needs the rich and vice versa. No one knows who their helper tomorrow will be or where the helper will be coming from. Therefore, the worst thing to do is to unfairly and proudly step on toes and years later in life, get to realize that in the hands of that ONE PERSON lies your help. It’s better “not to spite those who we meet on our way going up”. That same begging pauper today can grow to be very rich and influential tomorrow. “Change is constant”. So I say: “Help as many people as possible either morally, physically or financially everyday”.

Instead of treating people harshly and making them feel like they have infectious spores all over them, pause for a minute and think of a unique attribute which the individual possesses. I believe each person is unique. Commend someone today! Perhaps the person’s outfit, nails, cologne, pair of shoes, bag, accessories, white teeth, comportment, accent, …anything, there must be something! Life is too short to waste our energy and time on backbiting and jealousy. We would rather divert them to useful purpose. Find your passion, work towards making it a reality, connect with mentors and like minds, research, read, be informed, transform yourself and your mind, start small, give it time, keep developing yourself and your passion, come out in grand style and trust me, in a short while, you will be celebrated. Truthfully, that’s what we need: a global connection and team of sound-minded problem solvers and professionals from different walks of life rubbing minds to see their vision come true.

Finally, I say “Be Good to All”.

helping-hand

If you’re for, say “AYE”

If you’re against, say “NAY”

I believe the AYEs have it!!!

www.onuohaprecious.com

(1) (Reply)

Barefoot Runner - First Black African To Win Olympic Gold Medal / Episode2 Of Igbo Traditions Practiced Till Date: Female Same-$x Marriages / Eight Relationships Between The Greatest Creator And Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.