Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

The Woman's Place - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Woman's Place (312 Views)

Why Should A Woman’s Place Be Second? / Meet The Woman Behind The Transformation Of Grace Schools, Mrs. Iyiola Olatokunb / Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Woman's Place by preshwrites(f): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
At my less-busy and most relaxed moods, I find my mind wandering about life ordeals and opportunities, good or bad, which present themselves. Sometimes, we find ourselves in tight corners, while at other times, we enjoy the favourable conditions we find ourselves in, whether caused directly by us, our environment, beliefs, prevailing authorities or associates. But, we can spring to our feet and shape our lives, make the best out of it and get our desired expectations, paying less or no attention to mere side talks. Suffice it to say that this in conjunction with the saying: “As you make your bed, so you lie on it.” Victory does not come from who you are, but who you choose to be. When it comes to painful ordeals in life, the female gender can never be left out. Infact, they are the primary target!

Casting my thoughts on and trying to imagine the experiences of women in the hands of their lovers and life partners prompts tears to roll down my cheeks. It is alarming and quite pitiful. Most often than not, these women are nailed to their “offices at home” by this same set of people who profess love to them every now and then. Most women suffer much in the hands of men who do not know their worth. Granted, family life is not an easy but tasking one, generally, but we can undoubtedly, agree to the fact that maltreatment, assaults, battering, infidelity, belittling, heartbreaks and irresponsibility were never part of the deal and contract. It was never said that they would be tolerated on that long-awaited colourful fateful day of resounding “I do”, hearty cheers and celebration. So what’s actually the problem now? How and where did everything go wrong? …It would interest you to know that an unexpected high and increasing percentage of married women in our present generation has become the sole bread winners of their various families. It is not actually a problem if it is an agreement reached by both parties.

Where it poses a fearful threat is when the woman works tirelessly, feeds, shelters, clothes, caters for each and every need of the family, experiences birth pangs, sees to the moral upbringing of the children regardless of the busy schedule of her busy schedule, puts in place all the house chores, prepares all the meals, is subdued to bed forcefully, is questioned and commanded about, and guess what, dies in silence. Not even an iota of appreciation after all the selflessness! Undoubtedly, women sacrifice and go through a lot.

Fellow ladies, girls and women, listen to this: We have our self-respect, dignity, prestige and pride. Do not trade it for anything. Your happiness lies in no other’s hands but yours, so choose to make yourself happy against all odds. Most times, women are not honoured and appreciated for who they are. When a female baby is born into a family, the immediate and extended families yell and bark for a male offspring. Often times, they are not given the necessary or equal attention as their male counterparts and are even denied the opportunity of furthering their education since it is generally believed that “their own education ends in the KITCHEN”.

I say a resounding NO to that. I strongly advocate Female/Girl Child Education and Enlightenment. It’s high time we stopped teenage marriage, female molestation and rape, girl child abuse and human trafficking in its entirety. They deserve the right and opportunity to grow, be educated, work, train, thrive, mentor, become successful and be heard. “Women are great and beneficial assets today.” They have made positive indelible marks in the sands of time. It’s all about the dream, the passion, the flair, the right spirit, the action, the connection… Be entrepreneurial, be bold, and be empowered, fellow ladies!

So, where is the WOMAN’S PLACE?

http://www.onuohaprecious.com/2016/10/11/the-womans-place/

(1) (Reply)

List Of Eligible Candidates For The 2016 Edai Membership Scholarship Test. / Hadoop Big Data Online Training And Job Assistance / Gmat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.