Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Overriding Public Interest - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Overriding Public Interest (506 Views)

Clash Of Private And Public Interest: The Story Of SAA, NPA And OMSL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Overriding Public Interest by AsiwajuSamuel(m): 11:23am On Oct 21, 2016
OVERRIDING PUBLIC INTEREST:

A responsive and responsible government would take some usual but drastic measures to assuage citizens critical concerns.
One of such at the moment is the alarming but geometrically increase in the price of Nigeria most consumed product - Rice.
As at today, the least anyone would get a bag of rice ranges from N24000 to N28000 depending on which market you're buying from. Isn't this alarming?

The overriding public interest here would be for government to as a matter of emergency remove importation of rice from the restriction list.

The very simple but most available reason why price of rice has gone astronomically high is because the higher the demand, the higher the price supplied . This is a simple economic theory.

The local production volume at the moment can not cater for 1/3 of the daily rising consumers population in Nigeria.

I bought a bag at N23000 this morning from a customer friend who was able to get it through border and sold it for me at no retail cost.
The situation may be worse in the days ahead if the restriction is not removed on importation of rice until such a time our local production can be sufficient to fill the supply gap.

I've spoken my mind.

(1) (Reply)

Memo To Hilary Supporters: Stop Crying-says Black Who Voted Trump / My Joyful Testimony,join Me To Thank God Nairalanders. / About The Founder Of MMM Including All His Criminal Activities Since 1989.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.