Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor (1920 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi 9A And Redmi 9C Launched With New Mediatek Helio G-series Chipsets / Realme U1: World's First Mediatek-helio P70 Smartphone To Launch November 28. / What Does Dual, Quad, Hexa, Octa And Deca Core Means??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by techlesson: 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
A desire for faster data plans, increasingly complex apps, and larger screens capable of supporting higher resolutions requires more efficient chips for smartphones. Yet the advance in battery technology for mobile devices simply isn't keeping pace.
Designing a mobile device is no longer just about perfecting its computing power, design, and user interface; it's about doing all these things while driving far less power consumption and greater efficiency.
Introducing the solution
Enter MediaTek helio X20 / X25 - the world’s first mobile processor with Tri-Cluster CPU architecture and ten processing cores (Deca-core). Delivering extreme computing performance with unmatched power efficiency, the new MediaTek helio X20 / X25 processor is set to revolutionize the smartphone industry and address the growing global demand for flagship mobile devices.
MediaTek helio X20 / X25 provides three processor clusters, each designed to more efficiently handle different types of workloads. Much like adding gears to vehicles, dividing the cores into three clusters provides a more efficient allocation of tasks for optimum performance and extended battery life.
It can delegate simple tasks to one cluster of cores, while directing more-complex (and more-power-hungry) tasks to the other clusters. If the smartphone is doing only simple tasks - such as sending text messages or running the calculator - on one cluster, the other clusters can power down, and therefore drive smoother performance and extended battery life

Key features and performance
MediaTek helio X20 / X25 delivers state-of-the-art camera, display, gaming, and audio features for today’s most demanding apps.
The MediaTek helio X20 / X25 introduces dual main cameras and features a built-in 3D depth engine as well as multi-scale de-noise engines, for faster response time between shots and unprecedented detail, color, and sharpness, even under extreme conditions.
Display is refreshed at an accelerated 120 frames per second for crisp and responsive scrolling of web content and maps, and uncompromised motion viewing supporting mobile games with high-resolution graphics.
A sensor hub on the embedded ARM Cortex-M4 processor operates on an isolated, low-power domain to support diverse always-on applications, such as MP3 playback and voice activation
Source - http://mediatek-helio.com/x20/
So far in Nigeria, Tecno adapted this technology for the Tecno Phantom 6plus. Though there are other top mobile phone that runs it but not yet in the country.

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by Dandsome: 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2016
Really?
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by Tania1: 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2016
Hmm..the only thing i get is that it mks devices work faster n better..
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by techlesson: 3:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
Dandsome:
Really?
yes...it was launched march 2015 alongside with the helio X25 Deca core.
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by Dandsome: 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2016
Tania1:
Hmm..the only thing i get is that it mks devices work faster n better..

I think I'll go with you on this. In other not to confuse myself, let me stick to the message that it makes devices work better.
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by Whizpeter(m): 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2016
I like the fact that its tri-cluster can actually reduce battery consumption whilst improving battery performance!!! That's a laudable feat from mediatek..!

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by ritababe(f): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2016
Na wa oh, you are explaining something and yet using big technological names, how can one understand?
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by Dam5reey(m): 8:03pm On Oct 21, 2016
ritababe:
Na wa oh, you are explaining something and yet using big technological names, how can one understand?

That's why there's dictionary...
Say no to excuse and learn
wink
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by ritababe(f): 8:26pm On Oct 21, 2016
Dam5reey:

That's why there's dictionary...
Say no to excuse and learn
wink

since there is dictionary whats the need opening the thread when we can just go there and check?
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by topradar4(f): 6:51am On Oct 22, 2016
Hmmmm, This is a good one. I love the fact that it's got an Amazing Display.
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by excanny: 10:54am On Oct 22, 2016
This is unarguably the best phone chipset in the world . cool cool

Irrespective of the benchmark you use, it has a very low rate of failure.
No wonder no news of explosions on phone makers like Huawei, LG, Tecno, Wiko, etc

Far far better than that ill-fated Snapdragon processor Samsung is using that is overheating and exploding everywhere.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by ollah2: 10:59am On Oct 22, 2016
excanny:
This is unarguably the best phone chipset in the world . cool cool

Irrespective of the benchmark you use, it has a very low rate of failure.

Far far better than that ill-fated Snapdragon processor Samsung is using that is overheating and exploding everywhere.

You no nothing about SoCs

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by excanny: 11:17am On Oct 22, 2016
ollah2:

You no nothing about SoCs

I prefer to know nothing about chipsets that keep setting of like IEDs.

The snapdragon and the A10 fusion have been huge failures this 2016.

I feel sorry for Samsung and Apple. They are always welcome to switch to Mediatek to avoid fire.
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by ollah2: 11:29am On Oct 22, 2016
excanny:

I feel sorry for Samsung and Apple. They are always welcome to switch to Mediatek to avoid fire.

Ohh in your mind, it's the SoCs that made the phones to blow up? I can see you have a problem. You tagged snapdragon(a brand) alongside a particular model (A10) as failures and hailing MTK.

Wow! Your problem is beyond words.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by oluwadaemilola: 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
noted
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by oluwadaemilola: 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2016
ollah2:

Ohh in your mind, it's the SoCs that made the phones to blow up? I can see you have a problem. You tagged snapdragon(a brand) alongside a particular model (A10) as failures and hailing MTK.

Walahi
so far beyond words grin
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by dasphinx1(m): 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2016
ollah2:

As in ehn, i just weak..
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by TappGroupNG: 7:20pm On Oct 22, 2016
This must be the processors that phones like tecno are using.
That explains it.
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by Gptech(m): 12:16am On Oct 23, 2016
Funny thread, processor to compete with mid range snapdragon 650/652. Its only just slightly faster than s650/652 and people are here celebrating MediaTek as if they just achieved something. I commend Mediatek for upping their game abit but apart from being relatively cheap they really mess up big time when it comes to battery and camera performances. Will pick s650/652 anyday over this, because it is the better chipset overall.
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by henryobinna(m): 8:07am On Oct 23, 2016
excanny:

hi,
don't misslead others and don't let them mis lead you.
there's a popular article on why the galaxy note 7 explodes and not this chipset talk check it here
http://www.droidpost.com/2016/10/3-possible-reasons-why-samsung-galaxy-note-7-explodes.html
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by excanny: 9:58am On Oct 23, 2016
Yadda yadda! It may not be the direct cause but processor heat contributes to it somehow.
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by jerrysense: 5:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
What's the difference between the X20 and X25?
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by FrozeBABE: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2016
I think media tel has com a long way.. Serious improvement
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by FrozeBABE: 8:28am On Oct 25, 2016
jerrysense:
What's the difference between the X20 and X25?
No much difference. I think you should google it out.
Re: What You Need To Know About The New Mediatek Helio X20 (deca Core) Processor by jerrysense: 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
FrozeBABE:

No much difference. I think you should google it out.
OK,noted

(1) (Reply)

Recession Forces Nigerians Into Phone Swap At Abuja GSM Village / How To Get 6 Times Your Recharge On Airtel / Is There Any 40k 5.5 Xiaomi Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.